YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   The Fab Shop (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f88/)
-   -   "05 Tacoma SAS (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f88/05-tacoma-sas-62339/)

awsumdc 06-30-2005 08:10 PM

"05 Tacoma SAS

Some of you may Have heard already but Jason, Corey and myself of DeMello-Offroad are knee deep in SASing my '05 Tacoma. It has 3,600 miles on it. It is a 4x4 TRD SR5 Sport Double Cab and it's silver. Here is a link to where we will periodically put "some" pictures of it. Unfortunately they will be few and far between because we have an agreement with 4wd Toyota owner magazine not to share too many pictures since they are doing a step by step build up of the truck in their new magazine. It will be featured in thier premier issue so stay tuned.

Here is a link that will be updated from time to time. press it then go to SAS.

http://community.webshots.com/user/awsumdc

:saw:

Wyatt Scott
DeMello-Offroad

Rivalred 06-30-2005 08:13 PM

Your so lucky... I have a DC Silver PreRunner and want to build it up... :rockon:

awsumdc 06-30-2005 08:16 PM

Thanks, At first it was scary but now it's exciting! If you go to the Rock Jock 60 album you'll see what we're putting under it.

User 051420 06-30-2005 08:20 PM

Think it'll void the warranty?
It's good to see somebody breaking ground.

awsumdc 06-30-2005 08:28 PM

<<<<Think it'll void the warranty?>>>>

Naaahhhh! it's just alittle chrome here and some paint there. Should be no problem at all............ :dunno:

by the way, Thanks.

Vato Loco 06-30-2005 08:32 PM

You have balls...

RobT2k 06-30-2005 08:37 PM

From the pic of the axle, it looks like you are gonna go with a coil-over/linked suspension?

awsumdc 06-30-2005 08:42 PM

<<<From the pic of the axle, it looks like you are gonna go with a coil-over/linked suspension?>>>

You are right. we are using 14" Bilstien coilovers in the fron and leaves in the rear.

CoedNaked 06-30-2005 09:50 PM

Yup, I agree - you DO have balls.

awsumdc 07-01-2005 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Vato Loco
You have balls...

thanks. It was scary at first! But now it should all come together pretty good.

awsumdc 07-01-2005 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by CoedNaked
Yup, I agree - you DO have balls.

Thanks! :great:

Praufet 07-01-2005 07:55 AM

I could be wrong, but aren't balls a requisite for being male?;)

muddy_feet 07-01-2005 08:05 AM

After it is finished I would take it back to the dealer and say, "I was doing some work and was using my haynes but it doesn't look like anything in the pictures? "think you guys can help me out?".

calg3 07-01-2005 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by muddy_feet
After it is finished I would take it back to the dealer and say, "I was doing some work and was using my haynes but it doesn't look like anything in the pictures? "think you guys can help me out?".

The look on the dealers' personnel faces would be priceless. Cool project, can't wait to see it all finished up.

:rockon:

slyang1012 07-01-2005 03:23 PM

maybe after your done with the taco, u can do my 04 Tundra?

.... how much would u charge to weld up everything?

waskillywabbit 07-01-2005 06:02 PM

I hope you don't have any warranty claims...cause your dealer could certainly play hard "BALL" with your balls and then you'd be neutered. I would think your insurance company and the loan holder would be the ones I would worry about finding out you are completely devaluing a brand new vehicle that they have money invested in. :devil: Most have a holy cow if you put a lift on them...imagine what they'll voit if they see that! :shocked:

"The difference between foolishness and bravery is that the latter didn't get killed."

Good luck.

:guitar:

NCSU-4runner 07-01-2005 06:11 PM

i would certainly hope anyone doing a modification that extreme wouldnt owe any money on the vehicle.

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
I hope you don't have any warranty claims...cause your dealer could certainly play hard "BALL" with your balls and then you'd be neutered. I would think your insurance company and the loan holder would be the ones I would worry about finding out you are completely devaluing a brand new vehicle that they have money invested in. :devil: Most have a holy cow if you put a lift on them...imagine what they'll voit if they see that! :shocked:

"The difference between foolishness and bravery is that the latter didn't get killed."

Good luck.

awsumdc 07-01-2005 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit

Good luck.

truck will be paid for before it's finished in September. not worried about the dealer or the Loan company.

awsumdc 07-01-2005 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by NCSU-4runner
i would certainly hope anyone doing a modification that extreme wouldnt owe any money on the vehicle.

by the time it's finished you'ed be right.

awsumdc 07-01-2005 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by slyang1012
maybe after your done with the taco, u can do my 04 Tundra?

.... how much would u charge to weld up everything?

Bring it by and don't forget your your credit card.:) It depends on what your doing. We're putting coils on this in the front and a Dana 60 with leaves in the rear with a bunch of other stuff so it's just a matter of what your after.

We're in Santa Ana so go to DeMello-Offroad.com and get the address and stop by. I'll actually be working on it tomorrow (Saturday) until about twelve. You can come check it out in person.