What are some of the best pranks you ever pulled? - YotaTech Forums

Notices
Off Topic Talk If it's non Toyota & tech related, put it here

What are some of the best pranks you ever pulled?

Old 04-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Contributing Member

What are some of the best pranks you ever pulled?

This thread was inspired by 4 Runnin' Freaks "TV turnoff week April 25th to May 1st..." thread.

It reminded me a couple of weeks ago during the regionals of the NCAA tourney. Soooooo, my buddy comes over and shows me this little gadget he has that is sure to liven up any bar room with a TV. It's a keychain sized fob that is a universal remote for TV's. All you do is push a little button and the nearest TV goes off. HA! We spent the afternoon that day at a drinking establishment that was packed with Illini fans.

Illinois in the middle of a come back, is playing Arizona and are down by 15 with about 4 minutes left. Every time the Illini score and gain on Arizona we would blip the TV off. Of course, WE would bitch the loudest to divert suspicion. After it started getting obvious that someone was messing around, we'd stand up and yell, "˟˟˟˟˟˟ THIS, LET'S GO SOMEWHERE THAT HAS A TV THAT DOESN'T SUCK!!". The funny thing is that we had a crowd of people who were in agreement with us. Some people were yelling at the bartender who was cluelessly looking at the remote control. With about a minute left and the Illini on the verge of of tieing the game, the manager was standing by the TV's off button ready to turn it back on if it were to shut off.

My buddy and I were laughing hysterically and managed to sneak out unnoticed after the game was over.

Lets here some other…
Old 04-13-2005, 10:30 AM

In college there was this idiot that lived down the hall from me. Everybody hated him because he would bully people around. He was the hall monitor and took that to mean he could burst into your room and do a shake down or whatever he pleased. He was out playing Dungeons and Dragons one night so I used 5 minute epoxy to glue a dime over the keyhole in his door. My friend mentioned that he always left his window unlocked so I went and epoxied the wooden, double sash window shut too. He came home and spent about an hour prying the window open to get in his dorm room. Then after he went to bed we leaned a 50 gallon drum of water against his door. When he got up in the morning... HUGE FLOOD. He left the building for good shortly afterward.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Steveh29
In college there was this idiot that lived down the hall from me. Everybody hated him because he would bully people around. He was the hall monitor and took that to mean he could burst into your room and do a shake down or whatever he pleased. He was out playing Dungeons and Dragons one night so I used 5 minute epoxy to glue a dime over the keyhole in his door. My friend mentioned that he always left his window unlocked so I went and epoxied the wooden, double sash window shut too. He came home and spent about an hour prying the window open to get in his dorm room. Then after he went to bed we leaned a 50 gallon drum of water against his door. When he got up in the morning... HUGE FLOOD. He left the building for good shortly afterward.
Ha! Ha! Keep em' comin'!
Old 04-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Contributing Member

While in the Marines, I lived in a group house with four other dudes. It turned out to be five other guys because in addition to them there was the boogie man. The boogie man was the guy who didn't clean his dishers, ate your food, used your soap and tooth paste, etc.. YOu ask everyone in the house, did you do this? "NO, NO, NO, NO", so I learned that there was a fifth party living with us.

Beside top ramen soup, my breakfast routine was milk and cereal. For a while, I was the only one who would go out and buy milk. Everybody was drinking milk, but I was the only one providing it. Putting my name on the carton didn't work. Telling everyone to lay off my milk didn't work. Keep in mind that we all got along really well and enjoyed many a good time, but this is housecleaning type of stuff. You know, if the sink is full of dirty dishes, and all you got is one spoon and bowl, you just put it on the pile, but the pile is not your pile. I solved this issue by having my own personal dishware and utensils and kept them in a milk crate in my room. When it was time to eat, I'd just bring my supplies. I remember taking all the crap that was in the sink and putting it in a crate outside in the rain. Freakin' Boxcar says to me "why did you do that man?" I'm like "so I have room to clean my stuff in our sink."

Returning to the milk, this issue got to the point where I had to do something drastic. THese mofo's were milking me literally. I put a skull and cross bones on my milk. I put measuring lines so I would know and catch the culprit. At this point whoever was stealing my milk was doing a great job of hiding it. I started thinking of my juvenile delinquent days and what I could do here. Piss in the milk!!! SO I waited until my current supply of milk was at about a quarter tank. I put a skull and cross bones on it and pissed in it. A good long piss too if I remember correctly. Put a marker on the plastic carton and planted my bomb in the fridge.

I didn't drink any milk then. I made other arrangements for the time being. I was getting sick of cereal anyway. So a couple of days later I go into the kitchen and check the fridge, and guess what, the milk/piss was well below the last marker. lol Boxcar was in the kitchen too and heard me laughing. So he says whats so funny? I say, "dude, you know how I've been pissed off about the theft of my milk?" Boxcar "yes?" "well, a couple of days ago I pissed in it," and I held up my skull and crossbones milk container. "Now I know that whoever has been doing it is drinking my piss and that is the funniest thing ever, BWHAHAHAHAHAH" I show him the line on the container...

He begins to convulse and runs upstairs. Nailed!!! I go upstairs soon after and hear him on the top floor in Doug's room. Turns out that Dougie was also drinking my piss too.

Take that mofo's! Gotcha you boogie men!
Old 04-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Contributing Member

Run a piece of rubber hose from windshield washer squirter into the cab and point directly at driver's crotch. Then run a wire from the brake on/off switch to the squirter motor so when the driver presses the brakes it squirts them in the crotch. Finally for a delayed affect put a fuel filter inline so he/she goes a couple miles before getting squirted. Because the Brake on off is powered even with the key off it won't stop squirting until they take their foot off the brakes.

Disclaimer: Obviously someone could get distracted while this is happening, get in a horrible crash and become unrecognizably disfigured. So don't do this.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:20 AM

Ok, a few weeks ago, I went out of town as did one of my roommates, let's just call him Monkey man... So monkey man went out of town to go see his girlfriend and my girlfriend and other roommates fill his room with balloons. Not like 100 or something, but 1,000 balloons aired up until they were about to pop. I love my girlfriend, she gets my friends for me, it's great... Fast forward to this past weekend. Payback. I come home from the beach and the apartment is cleaned (that's VERY surprising). I go to open up my door, which I closed on my way out Friday afternoon. It doesn't budge. WTF? I try again and put a shoulder into the door. It opens and I see my room filled with road cones.

See, Monkey man had stolen 1 road cone a year ago and had it sitting around the apartment. One time he put it in front of another apartment so I decided to start getting him back. I would put the road cone in front of our door and it really started getting to him. Some days I'd even bring it in from outside and put it infront of his door. Needless to say, he was pissed.

Fast forward to Sunday afternoon again and here is my room FILLED with road cones. I try to get around some of them because I have to take a piss and it's hard getting around them. Open the toilet, they've got one that fits perfectly in the toilet without touching the water and lets the lid close. They have three in my shower and a few on my bathroom floor. So yeah, I got it good, for sure. I'm now looking for a way to get back at him, any ideas or suggestions? It would be very much appreciated if you had any.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:35 AM
Contributing Member

One april fools my girlfriend decided it would be a good idea to put a little shaving cream on my windows and condoms on my windshield wipers. (they also tried to steal my loadworrior but didn't know it was locked on... anyway... you don't mess with my vehicle, big mistake. I was thinking on how I could up the stakes a bit. Long story short, 9 cans of edge later, her 01 accord was a ball of shaving cream. Then we got her reaction on tape. She said, aww that sucks... looking at her own car... then waited a second before realizing "oh wait"...
Old 04-13-2005, 11:36 AM

Back in High School I had a friend (We'll call him Moose as he was as big and dumb as one)

Well My friend Trevors parents owned a a donut shop and would always bring the left overs home. Trevor and I would melt Ex-Lax in the microwave and dip the plain donuts into them, Once dried we leave them out on the table for Moose.

Well Moose being big and stupid would eat them EVERYTIME.

It was funny watching him and trying not to laugh. I'd start with a tummy growel than he'd start to sweat and turn red and run off to the bathroom.

Poor guy to this day doesn't know why he had the squirts ALL the TIME !

Im sure that amount of ex-lax cant be good for you either.

One time we even went out to the movies with some girls and gave him the "Special Donuts" once we got there. Poor guy never even got to watch 30min of the movie. and his date was wondering why we was in the bathroom the entire time !

Poor moose poo'ed himself on the way home too.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:39 AM
lee
Contributing Member

at work they got a new microwave for the kitchen. i saw that the microwave came with these stickers for the buttons that said things like "pizza" and "tacos", etc, so you could have preset times for different items.

i took this batch of stickers and every hour or two would stick a random one on this girls desk / computer / mouse / chair / family pictures, etc.

she kept coming back to her desk and seeing "burrito" on her mouse! i kept it up for 2 days (listening to her blame everyone around her and bitching to me about how annoying and frustrating it is) before walking up to her with the pad of stickers in hand (many of them now missing!!). hahah she was a good sport.

i know that isnt an insane prank, but is a nice low key funny office one..!
Old 04-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Contributing Member

I had a whole bunch of people in my dorm room and while we were talking some random girl just announced to everyone, "I'm taking a shower."

Everyone was like ...ooookay.
I got out my trusty tube of crazy glue and glued one shoe to the ground and the other to the ceiling.

She spent a good 15 minutes looking for her other shoe before realizing it was on the ceiling. Then she tried to take the one on the floor with her
Old 04-13-2005, 11:52 AM
Contributing Member

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/new-brucets-style-3rd-gen-4runner-rear-bumpers-55776/ with bruce.

i don't know about my "best" prank. i've pulled lots, but a lot of little/minor ones, nothing really all that huge.

Last edited by calrockx; 04-13-2005 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4Hummer
Back in High School I had a friend (We'll call him Moose as he was as big and dumb as one)

Well My friend Trevors parents owned a a donut shop and would always bring the left overs home. Trevor and I would melt Ex-Lax in the microwave and dip the plain donuts into them, Once dried we leave them out on the table for Moose.

Well Moose being big and stupid would eat them EVERYTIME.

It was funny watching him and trying not to laugh. I'd start with a tummy growel than he'd start to sweat and turn red and run off to the bathroom.

Poor guy to this day doesn't know why he had the squirts ALL the TIME !

Im sure that amount of ex-lax cant be good for you either.

One time we even went out to the movies with some girls and gave him the "Special Donuts" once we got there. Poor guy never even got to watch 30min of the movie. and his date was wondering why we was in the bathroom the entire time !

Poor moose poo'ed himself on the way home too.
Good one! We would always exlax unattened beers at house parties.

Nothing worse than needing to take a crap and there being a line of 8 people waiting in front of you to use the bathroom.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:47 PM

I worked at a gas station when I was 14 years old. At that time we had a wiper blade contest. When thr bell would ring the guy would act like hew was busy. Then he'd grab my jelly donut, take a bite and a chug on my orange soda. Then when he came out he would sell the customer wiper blades. After several times I went to the burger place across the street and got a jelly donut but with no filling. I went back to work and I got the marfak grease gun and filled the donut. Then I got my orange soda out of the machine, Drank it 1/2 down and refilled with Kerosene. I couldn't wait till the bell rang. When the bell went off I greeted the customer and started filling the gas. I looked back in just in time to see him take a bite of my surprise and take a chug out of ny special orange. He coughed and spit for awhile! after that I never had any problems with my donut and soda. Shortly after that I won the wiper blade contest.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mickdady View Post
Run a piece of rubber hose from windshield washer squirter into the cab and point directly at driver's crotch. Then run a wire from the brake on/off switch to the squirter motor so when the driver presses the brakes it squirts them in the crotch. Finally for a delayed affect put a fuel filter inline so he/she goes a couple miles before getting squirted. Because the Brake on off is powered even with the key off it won't stop squirting until they take their foot off the brakes.

Disclaimer: Obviously someone could get distracted while this is happening, get in a horrible crash and become unrecognizably disfigured. So don't do this.
I did something similar just a few months ago. One of my log truck drivers was giving me hell about something. He went to my boss and told him that he had told me to fix his brakes a dozen times and I hadn't done anything about it. He hadn't said a word to me. He told the boss that he couldn't even tell that he had hit the brake pedal when he pressed it.

I wired up an air pressure switch into his brake pressure circuit and connected it to his train horns (he was so proud of those loud ass horns). When he left the shop the next morning and proceeded through town (two stop signs and three red lights), every time he hit his brake pedal the horns would sound until his air built back up. Since they were air horns, they drained even more air and continued to sound for 30 seconds or more each time.

In a town as small as ours, everybody knew who he was and he's been getting dirty looks every since. He has given me zero trouble every since and is scared to even accuse me of it.

Another good one since we are all car guys here. Wait til you're buddy is bragging about his newly rebuilt or upgraded engine or whatever and then toss one of those half pound smoke bombs under his rig while he has his turned to his audience. I made a grown man cry with that one many years ago. It's works best after he's already shut it down. Looks like the thing's seconds from burning to the ground.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:47 AM

a long time ago I worked in a tire and oil change franchise, when one of my co-workers was changing the oil on a customer's car on an elevated walk around rack I waited until he was on top and ready to start the car, I snuck under while he wasn't looking with two large wrenches and when he started the car I started lightly tapping on the lift... then harder... and harder until I was beating metal on metal like the drummer for a grunge band. When he shut the engine of I gave it some rhythm, ended with a flourish and scurried off to the side to practice my "what the heck was that" look. I have never been so proud of myself in all my life! I let him off the hook after about 5 minutes.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:27 AM

My grandma was always a sensible and practical person. i told her one Friday I'd spent my check on a pet pot bellied pig; which she never understood who'd want a pig for a pet. I told her I'd pick the pig up the following week. And let it stew for awhile. I didn't need to ham it up much and she got quite upset. My great aunt got in on it too, but grandpa didn't want to join in but enjoyed the situation. Grandma was very relieved to hear it was a joke. By and by my favorite prank and great memory of my favorite people.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:30 AM

Sneak a few extra bolts and or nuts in to somebody's rebuilt parts tray, small ball of electrical tape stuffed under a coil wire cap. And a few I won't declassify yet.