Organizing: Best way to keep track of receipts, service records, etc.? - YotaTech Forums

Go Back  YotaTech Forums > Off Topic, Wiki Discussions, Fraudulent Vehicle Listings, & Stolen Rigs > Off Topic Talk
Reload this Page >

Organizing: Best way to keep track of receipts, service records, etc.?

Notices
Off Topic Talk If it's non Toyota & tech related, put it here

Organizing: Best way to keep track of receipts, service records, etc.?

Old 02-16-2016, 12:59 PM

Question Organizing: Best way to keep track of receipts, service records, etc.?

Hey fellas,

I'm curious to find out how you all keep your documents (for your vehicle) organized? Receipts, parts bought, service records, title/registration/insurance documents, etc. Do you use a "glove box organizer", a notebook, daily planner, or do you just paperclip your receipts as you get them?

Reason being: I recently picked up another 'Yota; it's a 1990 4x4 regular cab/short box with the 22RE and it's a 5-speed. I am trying to figure out the best possible (and most convenient) way to keep track of any and all vehicle records, purchases, receipts, and whatnot.

The last time I started "keeping track" of vehicle-related documents with my 1995 4Runner, it turned out to be a cluster... and it still is, ugh! The day I bought it I started keeping each receipt for each purchase in the center console compartment under the flip-up lid (with the miles wrote down, etc.) Right now it's so full of receipts, records, etc. that I haven't been able to get it completely shut for over a year. Yeah... it's bad! The good thing is: I can track down each and every cent I've ever spent on or for my 4Runner. The bad thing is: it's all completely unorganized and it's just more or less a big pile of receipts and papers. I think that if I would've started writing down all of this stuff in a notebook (and just threw away the receipts), I'd be in a much more organized position at this point in time.

As I start on my newly-acquired Toyota Pickup, I'd like to start keeping track of documents, expenditures, etc. all by one easy, convenient method. What is the best way to do that?

Thanks!

Last edited by Terrys87; 02-16-2016 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Language
Old 04-13-2016, 07:28 PM
Contributing Member

Excel spreadsheet works for me.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:54 AM

I have a file folder for each vehicle. I keep receipts and if it's some thing I do myself I write it on a piece of paper w/ mileage and attach the parts receipts. You need the receipts for warranty claims.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:33 AM

Get a self contained accordion file. and keep the reciepts in a cool place. The paper most receipts are printed on now, are thermal and heat will wash out any information on them rendering them useless. Also if you have a scanner scan them to a folder on your desktop.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: