Does shaving your legs make you gay? - YotaTech Forums

Off Topic Talk If it's non Toyota & tech related, put it here

Does shaving your legs make you gay?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2006, 01:08 AM   #1
Contributing Member

Question Does shaving your legs make you gay?

So ive been running a lot more then ive used to, and because of this ive developed shin splints. Been rubbing my legs and putting icy hot, but I have/had pretty hairy legs, so all I was doing was constantly pulling hairs out. So, I finnally got fed up and shaved them.

Soo question is now, does this make me gay? straight? or maybe just metro? I gotta admit it is kinda nice
Old 02-13-2006, 02:10 AM   #2
Contributing Member

LMAO

Maybe just shave half of them next time?
Old 02-13-2006, 03:31 AM   #3
Contributing Member

Are you still in Iraq? Tell us a story.

And yes, no offense but IMO shaved legs on a man is kinda gay unless your Lance Armstrong or an Olympic swimmer.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:33 AM   #4
Contributing Member

I used to swim in high school. Weird sensation isn't it?
Gives you a whole new appreciation for women when you rinse off after finishing and feel the water stinging in all the minute razor cuts you didn't see.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:10 AM   #5
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket
Are you still in Iraq? Tell us a story.

And yes, no offense but IMO shaved legs on a man is kinda gay unless your Lance Armstrong or an Olympic swimmer.
Well, im definently not Lance Armstrong, and I cant say im an Olympic swimmer 8P Dang. And yes im still in Iraq, what kinda storys would you like to hear?

Id tell you some stories, but Im not allowed to drink while in country, so I cant tell you storys about events that never happened...

A lot of the stuff I could tell you would only be funny to a soldier, or if you have worked with the IP/IA. Maybe on the next wheeling trip, we can trade war storys around the fire.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:27 AM   #6

My friend works on a commercial fishing boat, and he shaves his arms, legs & head to the skin. I dont think he is gay. Although I dont know his reasoning behind the lack of hair
Old 02-13-2006, 04:33 AM   #7
Contributing Member

Where do you live in the states? Man, just the fact that you can post up on the net is enough of a story for me. I don't even understand or want to comprehend how your at a computer. I know you get emails and what not but its still crazy.

What one soldier finds finds funny is what another civilian might find incredible or funnier. What are your thoughts about fighting that war? Whats the worst or best thing you've seen? Sorry for the high-jack but it's very rare to see a memeber posting all the way from Baghdad. The news sucks. Hope you come home soon..
Old 02-13-2006, 04:54 AM   #8
Contributing Member

Quote:
Where do you live in the states? Man, just the fact that you can post up on the net is enough of a story for me. I don't even understand or want to comprehend how your at a computer. I know you get emails and what not but its still crazy

What one soldier finds finds funny is what another civilian might find incredible or funnier. What are your thoughts about fighting that war? Whats the worst or best thing you've seen? Sorry for the high-jack but it's very rare to see a memeber posting all the way from Baghdad. The news sucks. Hope you come home soon...
Im actually from California, and currently cursed to be on a larger base at the moment in Iraq. For the first half of my tour I was on a small base, I prefer those to the larger ones. The internet isnt to bad, Most soldiers I know have laptops, and the bases that I have been on have had an internet center. Although it does get packed on occasion. Being that I am on a larger base now, and because of my job, I require internet to do my job, so I get a bit of Yotatech every day.

As far as best and worst things, best being helping the kids, ive had some fun experiences with the children, and with the adults, You learn no matter where you go, people are people. The majority of the people in Iraq are good people and are just trying to get by. Ive had many nice conversations with locals over a cup of chai. The children are a little greedy but they are fun to play with.

Worst things, seeing your friends get injured and dieing... Watching other soldiers do stupid things (again people are people) Ive had to pull aside a 1SG before (another curse or benefit of my job) and tell him his joes are being dumbass and to quit it.

One time we were doing a humanitarian drop at a local village, I was up in the turret of our vehicle and had handed a bunch of stuff to some kids. Well they were bugging me for more, and I felt they had had enough so I told them to run off. They hung around until they realized I was serious and saw another soldier with some goodies, then they swarmed him. I saw a little boy poke his head out from behind a wall and look up at me, I felt bad because he hadnt been able to get anything since he was so much younger then the other kids. So I put my finger over my lips and motioned him over, he tiptoed over with his little sister in tow and I loaded them up with tshirts and flags. Well they were just about to leave when one of the older children spotted them and screamed something I can only imagine was "HES GOT PHAT LEWTS! GET HIM!" I screamed "Run!" He took off with his little sister and got away. Next thing I know im swarmed by little kids screaming "Mr Mr give me toba!" (soccerball)... I just had to be the nice guy... 8)

As im sure you have heard from other soldiers, its not nearly as bad as what you see on CNN, and some other stations. Yes we do take casualtys, yes I have lost good friends, but I myself and many of the other soldiers I know believe in what we are doing. And im glad to be over here, and ill volunteer come next rotation.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:58 AM   #9
Banned

Shin splints go away by doing one thing...not running until they heal and then modifying the surface you run on in the future. A buddy of mine in high school kept pushing himself to run while having shin splints and it got so bad he couldn't walk. Take it easy and find another way to exercise...he eventually gave up running and now rides a bicycle...or even stationary bike.

And yes, shaving your legs is weird.

Old 02-13-2006, 05:04 AM   #10
Contributing Member

Thanks for serving nolongeraneqaddict. I'd say that the issue of shaving your legs is nothing close to deciding whether you're going to wear a pink boa or not.

I'm in the navy so I'll be on the same level as the civilians here for your stories. Get back soon.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:08 AM   #11
Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with being in the Navy, ive met some good navy guys. My cousin is getting his commision in the Navy in a couple months actually 8)
Old 02-13-2006, 05:09 AM   #12
Contributing Member

im a runner and shaving your legs is not gay, or weird. people who say it is either are just uptight and need to loosen up. there are plenty of good reasons to shave them if your in a certain sport.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:17 AM   #13
Contributing Member

i shave my legs too.. but its because in my running, mt biking, and other various out door sports i tend to get hurt... and the bandages dont hurt to take off and like above... i use icy hot too...
Old 02-13-2006, 05:31 AM   #14
Contributing Member

It's a really good excuse for getting a really sweet road or mountain bike.

The only thing that could possibly make you gay is an attraction to the same sex, whether you act on it or not. It's tiring to think of people worried about how 'gay' they might (or might not) seem.

I'm used to seeing both and I like the way both looks-it is, uh, um, invigorating, to see a well sculpted leg or two go by, can't see that with all the hair...
Old 02-13-2006, 07:26 AM   #15

You know, shaving your legs doesn't make you gay any more than asking a stupid, intolerant, question makes you retarded!
Old 02-13-2006, 08:09 AM   #16
Sponsoring Vendor

Shaving them doesn't make you Gay........liking it could!!! Some questions you are just better not asking. I know I will regret replying to this post.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:19 AM   #17
Contributing Member

yep, your done... Might as well start looking for a sticker that goes well on the runner.

hahahaha, people that don't know you that happen to notice you don't have any leg hair might pass some judgement, but who cares?? Do what you need to do, pulling out leg hair is about as fun as going to the dentist so do what ever is easier on you. The only big draw back (which is already too late) is the hair that does grow back. I guess you will have to go get them waxed if you ever decide you want your man card back (totally kidding)
Old 02-13-2006, 08:26 AM   #18
Contributing Member

Shaving your leg does have a gay under tone to it...

So maybe you're better off using this...

Old 02-13-2006, 08:31 AM   #19
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindleshanks
You know, shaving your legs doesn't make you gay any more than asking a stupid, intolerant, question makes you retarded!
I think he was making light of shaving and wasn't trying to start a thread that would be closed quickly.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #20
Contributing Member

Lol, I was just seeing if anyone else shaves there legs too. Being in the Army you quickly learn to get over homophobia, as we say there is gay gay, and there is deployment gay 8P

It was a lighthearted post 8) Thanks for the replys too, this has been quite humerous
Closed Thread