Virginia Virginia Chapter

Got a good reaction time? Are you a speed shifter?

Old 08-25-2005, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a good reaction time? Are you a speed shifter?

Greetings fellow Yoters!

The Columbia Hillclimbers 4WD Club (EC4WDA) would like to invite you to our 1st Annual "Run Whatcha Brung" Street Stock Drag Challenge on 9/10/05 in Kingsdale, PA - just north of the Mason-Dixon Line on PA 194.

This challenge will consist of side-by-side dirt drags open to any street legal (and registered) 4WD truck/SUV. Vehicles will be classed together according to EC4WDA regulations. Class winners and runner-ups will receive trophies. For example, most Toyota pickups and SUVs are usually in class C3 or C4 (compact), and run against other mini trucks and SUVs. My '89 4Runner 3.0 has been paired up with Nissan Xterras, Ford Explorer and Ranger 4.0s, etc.

Also, all class winners will meet in a "top eliminator" contest that will be held bracket racing style - your best time from your class runs will be your "dial in", and handicap starts will be given based on ET differential. Top Eliminator will receive a large trophy.

The street stock drags will be held in the afternoon, between two sessions of EC4WDA points drags, at approximately 2 P.M. Registration will open at 11 A.M., with tech inspection about 1 hour before racing begins. All drivers must wear a helmet and long pants, and all vehicles must have a secured fire extinguisher.

Entry fee is $8 adults, $5 3-12, under 3 free
Racing fee is $10 (in addition to entry fee)

CORRECTION - There will NOT be two rounds of EC4WDA sanctioned drags, just one double elimination round in the morning, so the stock drags will be between them and the reconfiguring of the track for the figure-8 races that night. Probably an earlier start than I expected - 2 or 3 P.M.

Directions - Approx 28 miles north of Frederick on MD 194. About 6 miles north of Taneytown. Cross the state line on 194 (now PA 194) and look left. The Kingsdale VFD will be very shortly after you cross the state line, and the track is on their property.

4Runners CAN compete with the newest of compact SUVs and pickups. As an example, here are my results from last weekend at Kempton, PA....

6 vehicles in the C3 Class (me, Wrangler 4.0, 2 Ranger 4.0s, Cherokee 4.0, Liberty 3.7)
I take out the Wrangler 1st race (et = 7.04), the Liberty takes out the Cherokee, and one Ranger takes out the other
I beat the Ranger 2nd round (et = 7.21 - bad shifting), and the Liberty gets a bye run
I take a nap on the light in the final and lose to the Liberty . His ET was 7.12 and mine was 6.95. I'm sooooo pissed at myself

No top eliminator at this one

I hope you can make it, and we "represent" with a large Toyota turnout. Feel free to contact me for more info (301) 606-3332
Attached Thumbnails Got a good reaction time? Are you a speed shifter?-rahcoon_final.jpg  
Old 08-25-2005, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow sound fun but I will be running the beach in the Outer Banks that day. Have fun and good luck!
Old 08-25-2005, 09:20 AM

Brad,

I PM'd you a while back to get ahold of me, since you are just over the mt. from me. PM me when you get back from OBX. Thanks
Old 08-31-2005, 07:36 AM

UPDATE: There will NOT be 2 rounds of EC4WDA drags on Saturday, so the street stock drags will immediately follow the points drags. We will run one round of double elimination points drags, followed by the stock drags, then set up the track for the sanctioned figure-8 race under the lights.

Registration will open at 11 A.M. for stockers. We worked at the site this weekend, and the track looks great - really fast!

Hope to see a great 'Yota crowd