Washington Washington Chapter

Easy But Beautiful 4x4 Trail/Christmas tree hunting

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Easy But Beautiful 4x4 Trail/Christmas tree hunting

Could a few people recommend some easy but scenic drives near Snohomish county?
Could be a fire road or dirt road of some other kind. I am very new to off road driving, and am not looking for much of a challenge. Id like to drive through some hills and see some nice views. Im new to the PNW so Id like to get out and see a few places.
I dont mind driving a bit to get some where nice. I went up to Mt. Rainier last weekend for a hike, that was frickin beautiful.
Iv got some maps and a good GPS so if anyone has a trail head number or some other rout info I can figure things out from there.

Also I was wondering if anyone was going to get together for a Christmas tree hunting expedition?

Thanks!

J
Old 10-08-2015, 12:36 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by deutschman
Could a few people recommend some easy but scenic drives near Snohomish county?
Could be a fire road or dirt road of some other kind. I am very new to off road driving, and am not looking for much of a challenge. Id like to drive through some hills and see some nice views. Im new to the PNW so Id like to get out and see a few places.
I dont mind driving a bit to get some where nice. I went up to Mt. Rainier last weekend for a hike, that was frickin beautiful.
Iv got some maps and a good GPS so if anyone has a trail head number or some other rout info I can figure things out from there.

Also I was wondering if anyone was going to get together for a Christmas tree hunting expedition?

Thanks!

J
I miss Xmas tree hunting!!!!

If you go past evan's creek off-road area there is a beautiful pond and some hiking trails with awesome views, but seasonal and don't recall open season.

On the other side of cascades raven's roost has a view of the three big pikes on a clear day I've been told. We got snow when we went in Aug/sept time frame. You can take off road trails or forest access to top. To get there you can go over pass or take Naches Pass, all off-road.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by muddpigg
I miss Xmas tree hunting!!!!

If you go past evan's creek off-road area there is a beautiful pond and some hiking trails with awesome views, but seasonal and don't recall open season.

On the other side of cascades raven's roost has a view of the three big pikes on a clear day I've been told. We got snow when we went in Aug/sept time frame. You can take off road trails or forest access to top. To get there you can go over pass or take Naches Pass, all off-road.
Thanks.
I was checking Evans Creek out last night online. Looks like there is a mix easy to difficult trails.
I'd like to meet some people up here and do some driving with them. Feels safer and it would be cool to learn from some one with some skills.
I was up on Rainier last weekend for a hike at about 9,500 feet and the weather was warm with no snow. I wouldn't be surprised if snow happens kinda late this year.

As fare as xmas trees go I'll keep my eye on this section and see if anyone ells gets a run together. Would be a blast!
Old 10-09-2015, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you go out Hwy 2 east past Gold Bar there's lots of FS roads out there to explore and good camping to be had. Evans Creek is pretty awesome, went out there last year with a group and the trails are pretty sweet and the views are amazing. Walker Valley is a lot of fun too, and closer for me, good trails for just about any level of rig/skill.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:39 PM

Thanks B-Fake