Notices
Post Your Tests Here Use this sectin for testing your signature files, and for testing pictures/avatars

91 22re automatic wiring harness connect to 91 5sp truck under the dash plugs

Old 08-10-2017, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
91 22re automatic wiring harness connect to 91 5sp truck under the dash plugs

we have installed a 91 22re automatic engine into a 91 4runner 5sp and want to keep the wiring harness and ecu with automatic engine. but the plugs under the dash don't match up. Can I repin the auto wiring harness to match the wires on the manual connectors.

Do the wire colors match up between the auto and Manual harness?

Last edited by zazel; 08-10-2017 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
First: wrong area to post, but you're at the right forum. Try "89-95 trucks" or "engine swaps" sub-forums.

And just for some general info: You'll need the wiring diagrams for the specific model and year for both engines. The colors might be similar, but not the same.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks irab88
ok I tried repining, pins are different. So I cut the plugs off the harnesses and soldered the pins to the matching plugs with the matching colored wires and crossed my fingers and the truck started. Had to change the plugs for ADD switching and reverse lights, it been 2wks now and no troubles with the engine. This was my first 22 re swap and hopefully last, this was a father son project.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: