Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What spare parts do you carry when wheeling or in general

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 06:56 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
technically, it's my dad's truck. i just happen to pay for the gas, oil, parts, repairs, and do all the maintenance. so, i don't really want to just throw out "his" sway bar
Old 04-13-2011, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know how that is. My Toy is in mine and my mom's name in case i need her to sell it while i am deployed again. It also keeps my insurance really low since it is on there policy since i routinely drive their cars on long trips.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:21 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

I carry a extra set of belts and the big hoses of the radiator

if other then that breaks it goes home on the roll back and gets unloaded right into the lawn shed.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:56 PM

Everyday spares: High-lift, full size spare, valve stems and tire plug/patch kit, spare quart of every vehicle fluid, tire pressure gauge, 4-way lug wrench, and a Driveshaft U-joint.

When wheeling, the above plus complete spare rear driveshaft, CV shaft + short side inner, idler arm, centerlink complete with both tie rods, relays, compressed air tank, duct tape, radiator hoses and cap, bungee cords, zip ties, p-steering and alternator belts, driveshaft bolts (I swear they only loosen and fall out if I don't carry spares...) alternator, battery terminal end and cable.

I try to be as self sufficient as possible.

I'd guess I carry almost a hundred and fifty pounds worth of parts into the woods for a weekend trip, but it sure beats making an extra trip out and back to get something i could have easily carried.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Alternator
Birfs
Ujoints
Compressed air in a tank (no OBA yet)
Tire
Fluids for everything
Big zip ties (56")
Starting fluid (Incase she takes on water and doesnt want to start)
WD-40 (good for a wet distributor)
Nuts and bolts
Air filter
Plug kit
Valve stems
Misc hoses and hose clamps (used for vacuum, coolant, and power steering in the past)
Lots and lots of tools
Tons of recovery equipment straps, chains, come alongs, snatch block, shackles, hilift etc.
Soon to be on the list is a 3rd member and front and rear drivelines
Old 12-21-2012, 09:56 PM

Air pump, basic tools (quarter inch sockets and ratchet, 3/8 sockets and ratchet, wrenches, channel locks, pliers ect.)... keep your toolbox light and bring sockets like 8, 10, 12,14, 17, 18mm then few 1/2 sizes which can take apart an entire Toyota, shovel, toe strap, stop leak, duct tape, zip ties, few toe straps (can save your life and an expensive toe bill), distributer cap and wires, belts, oil, water, 2 full spare tires, jack with a couple 2x4's, head strap flashlight and of course a couple emergency beers