YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Offroad Tech (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f31/)
-   -   New Meats on the way!! Thanks to SeaFlea (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f31/new-meats-way-thanks-seaflea-65561/)

JuttyShabango 08-18-2005 11:09 AM

New Meats on the way!! Thanks to SeaFlea

Well, Seaflea picked up my 35s today and that directly helped the tire sponsor decision and went local with a tire reseller I know well from way back and got the hookup on a set of BF Krawlers TA KX in 35x13.50x15s.

The MT/Rs were nice and looked at them today (37s) but after some soul searchin' I'm going with the tire I keep dreamin about. :great: So back to the warehouse they go and the Krawlers will here on Tuesday.

They are far from free, but get a discount on them you wouldn't believe and SeaFlea takin' 35s today sparked a new direction.

Just in time (Jutty) for Tellico!

99_Runner 08-18-2005 12:34 PM

Sweet

JuttyShabango 08-19-2005 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by 99_Runner
Sweet

Yeah, I'm soooooo stoked for these tires I'll probably get a bottle of Armor All :eeek: :laugh:

bamachem 08-19-2005 03:55 AM

:great:

JuttyShabango 08-19-2005 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by bamachem
:great:

Yeah, fortunately Will goes thru tires as fast as I do :laugh:

bamachem 08-19-2005 04:24 AM

:D i'm looking forward to seeing the trekker at tellico next month.

only 4 weeks from right now, i'll be on the way down to Crawfords! :great:

JuttyShabango 08-19-2005 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by bamachem
:D i'm looking forward to seeing the trekker at tellico next month.

only 4 weeks from right now, i'll be on the way down to Crawfords! :great:

Amen!! We won't get to leave Cow-Town till about 5 or so and will get in late.

dragr1 08-19-2005 05:25 AM

Sweet! When you're in the mud down under, you'll be glad you don't have the MTR's.

JuttyShabango 08-19-2005 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by dragr1
Sweet! When you're in the mud down under, you'll be glad you don't have the MTR's.

I hear they will dig themselves to China like the MT/rs will but they excell in Sand and that's the big reason to go with them. We will only run on Stage with Mud and it will be a Sippi Hole but I'm used to that here in Ohio. It's the driving on the dunes that I'm anxious about.

Heck, I'm just stoked to have them for Tellico!!

dragr1 08-19-2005 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by 82trekker
I hear they will dig themselves to China like the MT/rs will but they excell in Sand and that's the big reason to go with them. We will only run on Stage with Mud and it will be a Sippi Hole but I'm used to that here in Ohio. It's the driving on the dunes that I'm anxious about.

Heck, I'm just stoked to have them for Tellico!!

Yeah, I saw them last time we were there on Jon's (Allpro) buggy and he took some crazy lines with them and made it look easy. They seem to be very sticky and flexible, but still very strong.

JuttyShabango 08-19-2005 04:42 PM

Yeah, I saw them last time we were there on Jon's (Allpro) buggy and he took some crazy lines with them and made it look easy. They seem to be very sticky and flexible, but still very strong.

Man,I hope so...counting the days :drink:

waskillywabbit 08-19-2005 05:54 PM

The MT/Rs were nice and looked at them today (37s) but after some soul searchin' I'm going with the tire I keep having nightmares about. :shocked: I've lost my freaking mind! :con:

Maybe I'll come to my senses and get some real tires...Just in time (Jutty) for Tellico!

Now that is more like it.... :nono:

:guitar:

JuttyShabango 08-22-2005 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Now that is more like it.... :nono:

:guitar:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That made me laff outloud this morning... :drink:

Maybe we need to do a Tire Shootout. MT/rs VS. Krawlers :alert: :drink:

seaflea 08-22-2005 05:57 AM

Glad to take those off youre hands Mark! I already think I have my BFG A/Ts sold and the MTs are going to my friend Mike (AKA mikeys87). I am looking forward to getting these on the rig. Now all I need is some more cash to finance my habbits!!! :laugh:

JuttyShabango 08-22-2005 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by seaflea
Glad to take those off youre hands Mark! I already think I have my BFG A/Ts sold and the MTs are going to my friend Mike (AKA mikeys87). I am looking forward to getting these on the rig. Now all I need is some more cash to finance my habbits!!! :laugh:

Amen brother!! This stuff gets to be expensive huh? They'll be ready for you in Tellico!

dragr1 08-22-2005 01:55 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That made me laff outloud this morning... :drink:

Maybe we need to do a Tire Shootout. MT/rs VS. Krawlers :alert: :drink:

That would be a good contest in the rocks. In the mud, no question though, MTR's are horrible in the mud.

I'll have to say that I was extremely impressed with the MTR's in the rocks on Marc's (zman2day) rig at Tellico.

JuttyShabango 08-22-2005 02:03 PM

That would be a good contest in the rocks. In the mud, no question though, MTR's are horrible in the mud.

I'll have to say that I was extremely impressed with the MTR's in the rocks on Marc's (zman2day) rig at Tellico.

I've had MT/rs in the past and just LOVE them. I'm stoked to try the Krawler out to make an honest comparison after wearing both sets of shoes.

dragr1 08-22-2005 02:25 PM

I've had MT/rs in the past and just LOVE them. I'm stoked to try the Krawler out to make an honest comparison after wearing both sets of shoes.

I looked at Jon's Krawlers up close and the tread was so soft that it felt like a drag slick-super sticky.

JuttyShabango 08-22-2005 02:33 PM

I looked at Jon's Krawlers up close and the tread was so soft that it felt like a drag slick-super sticky.

:bigok: They are supposed to be in tomorrow, my fingers are X! There are to different dots for them red and blue I think. :think:

joez 08-22-2005 02:45 PM

:bigok: They are supposed to be in tomorrow, my fingers are X! There are to different dots for them red and blue I think. :think:

Yes, red label's are the super soft competition compound, the blue's are the "normal" ones.

Im sure you will love them on the rocks, but dont get your hopes up to much for mud performance. When Petersons UA came through here last year, they struggled hard with their Krawlers in anything that wasnt bone dry. They do outperform MTR's, though.