Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Irok Radial VS Pitbull Rocker Radial??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Irok Radial VS Pitbull Rocker Radial??

Want to run a 35-37" rocker radial on my (in progress SAS) 92 Toyota 4runner
Want personal opinions about the rocker and Irok radials and pics are always great but curious as well to see what kind of miles they can get on a DD?

Thanks

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  91.3 KB
Old 10-08-2013, 03:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 315/75R16 goodyear duratracs have been great on the street. Have about 6k miles on them and showing very little wear of any kind. Have been great offroad as well, but they do have a pretty stiff sidewall.

Never driven either tire you're asking about, but if you're concered with road manners and mileage, I'd consider some of the less aggressive tires. If you get lockers front and rear, you will have plenty of grip.

Less aggressive tires with lockers makes way more traction than my truck made with open diffs and baja claws. Also, at this rate, they will last more than twice as long.
Food for thought.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya I like the duratracs but as far as I'm aware they don't make a 37" tire. I'm still on my 36" swamper TSL radials and they aren't bad on pavement but they wore faster than I would have liked but their swampers so I had an idea what I was in for.

I don't want to drop to a 35" tire since I've built the truck for 37s but for the area around here 35s would do but like I said I built the truck for 37s. I honestly have no problems with road noise and what not even if they don't last like an all terrain that's fine with me. I usually accumulate roughly 10k a year of pavement pounding (work, parts yard runs, etc) so if the PBRs can see 40k or at least close to that I'm sold. Buddy of mine runs a set off road and they seem to do outstanding but he doesn't spend any time on the road with them. Like I said I dont care what kind of manners they have on the road to me it's worth it because they pay off in the dirt but it was strictly a curiosity factor as to what kid of life they could see with proper psi and rotations.

I figure worst case situation if they wear fast like y TSLs ill buy another set of tires like the KM2s for street and use the PBRs off road but I still would like some numbers as to mileage.

Also if anybody has a 90-95 4runner on 37" rockers (or 37s in general) I'd appreciate a picture and specs as for what you had to use to clear them that would be awesome!

Thanks