99+ Tundra, 00+ Sequoia, 98+ Land Cruiser/LX470 Late model full size trucks and SUVs

What's with the '02 Sequoias slipping, bucking and snorting in overdrive??

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's with the '02 Sequoias slipping, bucking and snorting in overdrive??

Coming home from a 6 hr drive yesterday, My 02 Sequoia limited started to buck and snort, almost like it was kicking in and out of gear in overdrive. My wife pulled over and I drove. Strangest thing but my other 02 did it a couple of times before it was totaled in an accident. It seems like when I switched it out of overdrive, it didn't want to do it. Then, I put it back into OD and it went the rest of the 100+ miles home with zero issues. I have read a bunch about this problem but I must trying to find out if there is an preventative thing I can do to buy some time. It's not driven that much and for short distances. Any ideas would be great!!
Old 07-28-2017, 02:37 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Good preventative maintenance related to that issue includes:
-changing transmission fluid

...along with all other routine changes at their appropriate intervals (oil, coolant, sparkplugs/wires, filters, oxygen sensors, other component fluids...)

If not driven a lot, I'd hook a battery charger that can provide small amounts of amperage (called float mode) to your battery so one day you don't have a dead batt from it sitting for even as short as 2 weeks.