99+ Tundra, 00+ Sequoia, 98+ Land Cruiser/LX470 Late model full size trucks and SUVs

SOS SUPERCGARGER KIT FOR 05-o6 TUNDRA

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 03:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boosted Tundras Supercharger Kit For 00-06tundra

Hi everyone. over the weekend I travelled to SOS headquarters in Panama City. There I installed the S/C kit I developed on their new, black 06 single cab Tundra. I experienced two or three minor changes that were fixed on the spot,and on Friday evening we had the first 06 Tundra supercharged and running perfectly. As soon as the motor is broken in,and headers and exhaust are fitted ,it will go to the dyno . SOS will post results as soon as they are available. This truck is going to get a shortened frame and an access cab bed It should be a real sleeper because the regular cab truck is 300-400 lbs lighter than the access cab and putting the short bed on it will make it even lighter Stay in touch Rob

Last edited by boosted tundra; 10-26-2005 at 03:32 AM. Reason: product name change
Old 09-19-2005, 03:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 09-19-2005, 06:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks like he may have joined only to spam the forum Mike. His profile looks like a hit & run, though it's too early to really tell...

https://www.yotatech.com/search.php?searchid=1074791

$4600... ouch
http://sosperf.com/powerdyne.htm
Old 09-19-2005, 03:47 PM

Sos Supercharger Kit

Real friendly posts guys why don't you go to sosperf.com and there you will find pics of the kit--a list of kit contents and dyno results What more would you like to know? I'll be happy to answer any questions But try not to be so rude when you post. I currently have 6000 miles on my truck
with no issues at all. The black SOS single cab will be having the frame and bed work done soon,it has the s/c kit on it already Rob
Old 09-19-2005, 04:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by boosted tundra
...But try not to be so rude when you post.
??? People ALWAYS ask for pics when someone's talking about new gear. We all admit to being gear sluts!

Besides, you only listed the URL for the web site in one of the 3 areas you posted in this morning, and it wasn't this one. If I hadn't had gone through the other posts, the website wouldn't have been posted above at all.

Your profile says NOTHING about who you are, nor does it list the website. You popped in, and in the space of just a few minutes, posted the same message in three different areas of the board. All things point to a "hit and run" spammer trying to promote a product. This forum welcomes vendors, but we like for them to stick around.

...a list of kit contents and dyno results...
fwiw, when I looked for information this morning, the dyno sheets weren't yet posted. I see that they are now.

What more would you like to know?
I have a question... It doesn't look like you replace the main injectors nor the fuel pump. Is that true? Have you measured fuel pressure at the rails with this system in full-swing?
Old 09-19-2005, 05:10 PM

Sos Supercharger

FIRST OF ALL---I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE,I HAVE MANY THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AND EIGHT MONTHS INVESTED IN THIS PROJECT. I BLEW ONE MOTOR IN THE EARLY STAGES OF THIS PROJECT AND DISCOVERED THE SAFE LIMITS OF THE MOTOR JUST BECAUSE I RECENTLY DISCOVERED THIS FORUM DOESN'T MEAN THAT I AM A CROOK AS FAR AS A PROFILE GOES,I
GUESS I DON'T WASTE TIME POSTING EXTRANEOUS INFO. IF YOU WILL GO TO TUNDRA SOLUTIONS FORUM,YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE THAT I DIDN'T JUST'POPUP'. TO ANSWER THE QUESTION ABOUT INJECTORS-- THE KIT USES THE STOCK INJECTORS WITH A SUPPLEMENTAL 750CC RC INJECTOR
I AM USING THE URD SUPPLEMENTAL FUEL INJECTOR CONTROLLER WITH THE PRE-INSTALLED PROGRAM WRITTEN BY'GADGET' FROM URD HE RODE WITH ME WHILE THE TRUCK WAS REPEATEDLY TAKEN TO THE 110 CUT-OFF.
HE HAS TOLD ME THAT HE WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE WAY THE TRUCK RAN I USE THE STOCK FUEL PUMP ,AS IT THE BIGGEST PUMP THAT DENSO MAKES I THINK IT IS THE SUPRA TT PUMP THERE ARE NO FUEL PROBLEMS THE KIT ALSO INCLUDES 8 denso irridium IK 22 PLUGS THE MOTOR WAS RUN ON A DYNOJET DYNO WHERE DURING A TOP GEAR PULL MADE 284 RWHP AND 336 FT LBS TORQUE THAT IS 80 RWHP AND 65 LBS TORQUE OVE THE STOCK RWHP AT A BOOST OF ONLY 5PSI ROB
Old 09-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Contributing Member

Sweet. That all sounds nice. No more caps. That is painful to read.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:12 PM

boosted tundras supercharger kit

Boosted Tundras Supercharger kit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Rob Welsh. I am the designer/fabricator of what used to be called the SOS Supercharger Kit. After many months of being frustrated with the way SOS has handled my kit ,I have decided to do the marketing of this S/C kit myself. That being said,the Boosted tundra kit is ready for immediate sale. It fits all model V8 Tundras and Sequoias. As soon as I can ,I will verify if it will fit the new Forerunner and the Lexus 470 I know it will fit the motor but I have to be sure of underhood clearance.
The kit will sell for $4395.00 and will cost between $50-$70 to ship depending on location.
The kit is complete with EVERYTHING you will need for the installation. It is a low boost kit (5psi)in the interest of reliability. It brings the RWHP from 204 stock up to 284RWHP and torque from 171 up to 336. The fuel mapping was done by Gadget from URD and he has been an incredible help to me during the development.
I will have a website running in about a week, the address is www.boostedtundras.com in the meantime if you have any questions PM me here or call 828-456-1815-ext 12 my email is rob@atssafety.com Thanks Rob