YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   2016+ Tacomas (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f240/)
-   -   Welcome to the new 2016+ Tacoma section (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f240/welcome-new-2016-tacoma-section-292491/)

Corey 12-13-2015 07:13 AM

Welcome to the new 2016+ Tacoma section

Toyota 4WD Owner magazine had a very nice article on these new trucks several months back.
If I had to replace my FJ Cruiser for some reason, I would probably end up with the new Tacoma and deck it all out like my FJ for overlanding/camping/daily driver.

Hope to see some on the forum here post pics of theirs if they get one.

http://images.thecarconnection.com/h...00522396_h.jpg

TRD On Road 01-13-2016 05:51 AM

Basic 2013

1 Attachment(s)
Got a basic 2016 SR5 DCLB. Just doing my research now, we'll see what happens.

kawazx636 01-21-2016 04:50 AM

Heading to the dealership in two weeks to snag mine! The dealerships can't keep any 4WD V6 TRD Sport Double Cabs on the lot and I didn't want to wait 8 weeks to order one so I had to claim one off of the next shipment coming in. I'm so stoked!

kawazx636 02-04-2016 07:27 AM

I officially have new member of the family coming within the next week! I had the dealership searching other dealership stock for a new Tacoma for the past couple of weeks. We were about to give up and just order one but then they found one yesterday that is in bound to another dealership so they were able to snag it for me. It is a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport V6 4x4 Double Cab in Magnetic Gray. Dealerships can't keep Tacos on the lot and most of them are sold before they are even delivered to the dealership. Plus apparently that particular trim with that color is extremely popular. I was so stoked when they called and said that they found exactly what I wanted. I traded in my 2005 Tundra - I'm going to miss the ole girl - she was good to me over the past 160,000 miles but the new Tacoma is going to be a great truck too! Everything is signed and ready to go; just waiting on the truck to get delivered so that I can ride off into the sunset! They said it should hit the ground next week, but I'm hoping that it is sooner! Pictures are soon to follow...

njtrekker 02-04-2016 08:47 PM

Dave. Congratulations on all your new additions! your 1983 looks awesome by the way. I picked up 2016 4x4 DC OR in white at Koons in Easton MD just before Christmas. they had half a dozen Offroad and Sports in stock at time. nothing in NJ. and price was very reasonable. I also own 1995 excab that came from Towne toyota in Salisbury Md. Seems alot of the toyotas I have came from Maryland. whats with that!

Corey 02-04-2016 11:27 PM

Congrats Dave, looking forward to the pics and seeing how you like it.

kawazx636 02-05-2016 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by njtrekker (Post 52307916)
Dave. Congratulations on all your new additions! your 1983 looks awesome by the way. I picked up 2016 4x4 DC OR in white at Koons in Easton MD just before Christmas. they had half a dozen Offroad and Sports in stock at time. nothing in NJ. and price was very reasonable. I also own 1995 excab that came from Towne toyota in Salisbury Md. Seems alot of the toyotas I have came from Maryland. whats with that!

Al, I got mine from Koons in Easton as well! Who did you work with? I worked with Todd Hardeman and he was great - Their entire staff was great! Marcus Carpenter (sales manager) helped me out on my trade and worked some magic to get the truck I wanted from another dealership. He was actually working on getting Tacomas from other dealerships for two other customers while I was in there. I'm pretty sure that everybody went home happy that day.

I know the VP of Pohanka Automotive Group in Salisbury so I could have bought a truck from them at or below invoice, but their sales staff really pissed me off. It was almost like they had absolutely no desire to sell me a truck. In fact, the last time I talked to them was about a week ago and they haven't contacted me since so they don't even know that I bought a new truck yet. I still got a good deal from Koons despite probably paying about $2,000 more than what I would have at Pohanka, but their customer service and effort in finding me a truck that met my desires was worth it to me. Good service and courtesy from a company that wants my business is highly valued in my eyes.

njtrekker 02-07-2016 08:36 AM

Koons was the only place around that had what i was looking for in stock. I had called around Dec 14th. They had to get back to me. and Anne Gryczon is who called me to confirm they had on the lot what i was looking for. didn't get there until SAturday the 19th. and just asked for Anne. she was very friendly and professional. Purchased truck that day. but came back on the 24th to bring it home. Very pleased with the whole experience. gave me a few toyota hats and changed out the carpeted floor mats to all weather. I also had some experience with dealers in NJ that had attitudes about ordering and not willing to move on pricing. It was worth the 2 trips of 5hrs each.all in all. but wished i bought the trailer down the first day.
Also the advertised (WOW) price had dropped $750.00 from the time i called and actually made it there. that was nice bonus.

kawazx636 02-07-2016 12:09 PM

Pretty neat that you bought from the same place. Do you show then pictures of your Trekker? I showed them my '83 and they loved it. I think at that point they realized that I was a Toyota nut.

Same experience here only they had to get my truck from in bound stock going to another dealership. GREAT staff - can't say enough good about them. I got mine for about $1,400 below MSRP which is quite surprising given the demand for the truck - there's no motivation to sell it to me for cheap when the next person in line could be willing to pay full price since there is low supply. Like I said, 3 people bought Tacomas that day. Perfect example of supply and demand, but they are good people so they still gave me a good deal.

Now if only they would hurry up and ship it.... LOL

njtrekker 02-08-2016 09:32 AM

I looked around within around 200 miles to see who had the best deal on Offroad truck in white in stock and Koons was the best.

Yes. I showed them pictures. I even showed some of service techs that were complementing me on my purchase. They really like my trucks as well.They definitely know I am a toyota nut. I didnt tell them i now had 7 toyotas or they would really look at me funny.

I also found infomation on Tacoma World about the 2016 trucks from recent owners.some mentioned flying in from like Michigan or some place to purchase from Koons. They were also using there prices to negoitate with there local dealers.

Hurry up and ship it Koons! ( i hear You)

kawazx636 02-11-2016 01:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My new Tacoma finally came in today and I took delivery this afternoon! It's a Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 with a short bed in the magnetic gray. I only got to drive it the some 45 miles back to work from the dealership, but boy does it drive nice! Pretty stoked about this purchase so far.

Attachment 115731

Attachment 115732

Had to part with old faithful though... My Tundra was good to me on our 160K+ journey, but I'm certain that the Tacoma will pick up nicely where it left off...

Farewell ole girl
Attachment 115733

Corey 02-11-2016 11:19 PM

Very nice Dave, looking forward to more details later on.

kroy88 02-17-2016 01:05 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Bought a 2016 double cab TRD Offroad 4x4 a couple weeks ago. As for trucks I've always had an F150 but i love this truck so far, not disappointed with the purchase.

Attachment 104011

Attachment 104010

Attachment 104008

Attachment 104009

Attachment 104012

Attachment 104013

Attachment 104014

kawazx636 02-17-2016 05:11 AM

Nice!! That Barcelona red is a great red! Toyota definitely did right when they chose that color (not so much with the Blue LOL). It's a shame that Toyota doesn't offer the color matched fender flares on the TRD Offroad. I know that some people like the black flares more, but it just doesn't turn me on. I also wish they offered the locking rear diff on the TRD Sport. For me, it was a catch 22 - get the locking diff or color keyed flares... Had to sacrifice the diff for style, but I suppose I wouldn't use the locking diff that much anyway. Congrats on the purchase - you're going to forget about all those past Ford girlfriends really quickly!!

aa1911 06-09-2019 11:45 AM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.yot...c5f71a0a1f.jpg

Pulled the trigger a little early, bought this beautiful new Taco!! It is very nice. It feels like cheating though, on my '00 Tacoma. It's already served me incredibly well, put 5k miles on it already in 2-1/2 months.

jakey poo 06-10-2019 07:51 AM

I love that color!

aa1911 06-11-2019 07:12 PM

I started eyeballing them in 2016 when they came out, love it! (Inferno)

Then 2019 they discontinued it, bummer. I want to find someone with a hood scoop for a trade, but sounds like not a lot of folks hate their hood scoop....

need to add roof rack to the canopy so I can haul plywood and whatnot, and hopefully by next year some better tires. And hopefully I get rich one day and can buy more and more stuff to add to it. Gas mileage has been pretty good, 19.7 is average so far, I can get 23 if I baby it. But let's be honest, I don't baby it often.