YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   RuffStuff (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f226/)
-   -   Panhard Kits from Ruffstuff! (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f226/panhard-kits-ruffstuff-236032/)

Gravel Maker 05-31-2011 05:58 PM

Panhard Kits from Ruffstuff!

These are pretty straightforward and simple, all it takes is a quick look and you understand what you need to do and more importantly, what you need to order!

We start you with 48" of 1.5" x .25" wall DOM tubing, then we make you choose between an axle Centered or Offset Bracket, and finally you decide if it will mount on the frame Inside or Outside. The Brackets give you 5 choices of mounting height.

It comes with a set of our 7/8" x 3/4" 4130 Heat & Cryo treated Heims with Stainless Misalignment and Hex Head weld bungs. The Hex Head bungs give you very fine adjustment easily. We also include the Grade 8 bolts in the correct length so you don't have to spend your day searching for them.

Here is a pic with both bracket choices so you get an idea of how it goes together...

http://pics.ruffstuffspecialties.com...g?m=1306881101

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/PANKIT.html

BTW, we make over 500 hardcore Offroad products but I will not flood your senses with 50 adds in a row...

Gravel Maker 09-06-2011 09:32 AM

These and the Steering kits have become some of our most popular items!

MaK92-4RnR 09-06-2011 09:39 AM

You guys wouldn't happen to make a factory 4Runner panhard bracket extension for lifting 2nd/3rd gen 4Runners, would you?

Gravel Maker 09-07-2011 08:53 AM

We do not make extensions, they usually break. We do make a replacement...

MaK92-4RnR 09-15-2011 09:10 AM

Hmmm I wonder how that would work if all I wanted to do was Lift the rear end and adjust the panhard accordingly?

Gravel Maker 09-15-2011 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by MaK92-4RnR (Post 51787591)
Hmmm I wonder how that would work if all I wanted to do was Lift the rear end and adjust the panhard accordingly?

If you have enough adjustment...Factory Panhards don't have enough adjustment to make the leap from 26-28" factory tires to 33"-35" tires...Most panhards have no adjustment from the factory...

By the way, you are 3 miles away from us...

MaK92-4RnR 09-16-2011 06:31 AM

Haha yeah I know, I've been to your store with a friend when he bought a battery carrier.

Gravel Maker 09-29-2011 10:21 AM

Time to step it up for the strength!

Gravel Maker 10-28-2011 10:33 AM

If you add ANY lift to a 3 linked rig and don't get a longer panhard you will be crabwalking down the road...Think about it...

Gravel Maker 11-04-2011 11:33 AM

Just back from SEMA, thanks to Ty for keeping us updated while Garett and I were gone. It was a very busy week for only 2 of us to deal with but we will be bringing some very interesting and new items to market! Lots of great ideas ;)

JBANDIT57 11-12-2011 09:22 PM

How much of lift over stock will this kit support? Ive got a 2nd gen Runner with 4" springs and the kit came with a drop bracket that im using. However, the drop bracket dosent drop the bar enough to be parallel again. The springs seem to be more like 5in springs, leaving my axle slightly pulled to the passenger side while sitting on flat pavement... Would this kit fix this? Also, Would your mounting locations have any difference in the common problem we all have with maxing suspention out and having our driveline make love to our gas tanks from the side movement?

Gravel Maker 11-13-2011 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by JBANDIT57 (Post 51818571)
How much of lift over stock will this kit support? Ive got a 2nd gen Runner with 4" springs and the kit came with a drop bracket that im using. However, the drop bracket dosent drop the bar enough to be parallel again. The springs seem to be more like 5in springs, leaving my axle slightly pulled to the passenger side while sitting on flat pavement... Would this kit fix this? Also, Would your mounting locations have any difference in the common problem we all have with maxing suspention out and having our driveline make love to our gas tanks from the side movement?

The kit itself can support any lift but its all in the mounting, the longer you go the less movement and the flatter the bar. With our Panhard brackets you can go up 7" from the axle surface and down 5" from the frame.

Gravel Maker 12-02-2011 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Gravel Maker (Post 51818718)
The kit itself can support any lift but its all in the mounting, the longer you go the less movement and the flatter the bar. With our Panhard brackets you can go up 7" from the axle surface and down 5" from the frame.

This is the key!

Gravel Maker 03-07-2012 08:06 PM

I should mention that some of you are running a panhard with leaf springs. It seems to have started with Toyotas but I see it spreading.

First off they are diametrically opposed in what they do and using both will cause undue wear & stress on both and eventually break one or both.

Secondly, the reason you are doing it is to track better on the road but if you go offroad you take it off. At least you are doing it right offroad. If you are not tracking well fix the issue, don't add something that will only destroy something else.

The issue could be one of several things. You could simply have worn out bushings in your springs. You could have sloppy springs. This could be as easy as no clamps, broken center pin, simply worn from rubbing against each other, or maybe your tires are simply too big for your suspension to handle on the road(too much balloon).

First fix the issue, these are for link suspensions, not a bad spring setup.

Gravel Maker 06-07-2012 09:30 AM

do it right the first time !!

Gravel Maker 06-20-2012 03:36 PM

time to do it right !!

Gravel Maker 07-20-2012 12:19 PM

Remember drop down brackets don't fix crab walking. :horse:

Gravel Maker 08-02-2012 10:01 AM

Remember drop down brackets are not a good choice fix the problem. This is!

Gravel Maker 09-25-2012 07:52 AM

Bolting brackets to other brackets? It just doesn't sound right. Replacing it with the right one. Now that makes sense.

Gravel Maker 10-11-2012 09:12 AM

A Panhard kit you can trust!