Early Land Cruisers (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

FJ45 Build/Restoration

Old 11-06-2016, 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks, and no I haven't sold it. I haven't advertised it much. Been having too much fun with it. People go crazy when they see this thing on the road, that's half the fun for me.

Last edited by J.yota; 11-25-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:33 PM

Well my last update is the Trucks been Sold to a buyer form California. He flew into to Portland and drove it back with his wife. He said the FJ made it without a single issue. He lives only half hour from the Rubicon trail, so I'm sure he'll be having fun with it. Thanks for following everyone!
Old 11-27-2017, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by J.yota
I had a third party "shipping broker" handle the import issues. I will say import and shipping fee's exceeded the cost of the actual truck.
Wow. I was looking at bringing in a newer model. Spendy.....
Old 11-27-2017, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by J.yota
Well my last update is the Trucks been Sold to a buyer form California. He flew into to Portland and drove it back with his wife. He said the FJ made it without a single issue. He lives only half hour from the Rubicon trail, so I'm sure he'll be having fun with it. Thanks for following everyone!
awesome. I just read the entire thread. Well Done.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:34 PM

Received 663 Likes on 455 Posts
Beautiful build! Best wishes on the Defender restoration!
Old 11-28-2017, 09:21 AM

Received 93 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by v8turbo
Wow. I was looking at bringing in a newer model. Spendy.....
You probably already know they have to be 20+ years old to enter the U.S? A couple of years ago there were lots of articles about Customs tracking down Land Rovers that were illegally brought into the U.S. They were confiscating them and destroying them! Importers were misrepresenting them as older vehicles. Here's two articles http://www.wcscargo.com/global/shipping-services/importing-to-u-s/trans-atlantic-partnership-seeks-to-crush-illegal-trade-of-unsafe-vehicles/

https://jalopnik.com/why-are-the-fed...-ol-1672381729

When I bought some 1st gen seats off Craigslist a few years ago the seller was building an FJ45. He was in Kitty Hawk, NC. He had trailered the body from the west coast. It must have been finished a long time ago but I haven't seen it around the beach at all.

Search this Thread