Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

You guys ever wave at other 4runners?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys ever wave at other 4runners?

I was just thinking about this today, because the GF let me take her jeep out. As I was cruising around, I realised that I wave at all the other 4Runners that pass me. Usually I don't get a wave back (yeah its dorky so what?) but sometimes I do.

WELL, being in the Jeep, I felt bad NOT waving back! even JGC's waved at me, as did a few Liberty guys.

So we should start waving at fellow 4Runners, and maybe everyone else will start to pick up....

sorry I haven't had anything to eat all day, and I'm getting anxious because tomorrow I am going camping at Red River Gorge in kentucky!!
Old 03-13-2003, 11:18 AM
Contributing Member

I do sometimes - but in our horrible Seattle area traffic, I usually just use one finger...

I always check out other Toyota's when I see them. Sometime I get a nod or something - but no wave.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:21 AM
Contributing Member

we need to come up with some kind of combo. here it goes...turn lights on, flash brights, turn lights off, wave, short honk, wave, then long honk. can everyone remember that?
Old 03-13-2003, 11:24 AM

Originally posted by metal22lica
we need to come up with some kinda of combo with out lights, a wave and the horn. turn lights on, flash brights, turn lights off, wave, short honk, wave, then long honk. can everyone remember that?

haha..

I wave sometimes, but only to 03's ... When i first got my truck i saw a kid with an 03' on the thruway, and we waved to each other. There are alot of 4 runners out there though.. It's funny how some cars just get that. When me and my friend take his vette out we get waves from other corvette drivers. Also when i drive my dads H2 the other H2's always flash their brights.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:26 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gene
[B]I do sometimes - but in our horrible Seattle area traffic, I usually just use one finger...

LMAO!!!
Im still laughing. I find that using one finger gets a better reaction than just waving.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:31 AM
Contributing Member

I do if it seems like its someone who cares about what they drive... otherwise I don't bother. I'm really supprised how many modded yotas there are here in savannah... I ve seen two really hi tacos in the last couple days.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:33 AM
Contributing Member

I wave to the first gens, but I don't slow down or roll down the window and wildly try to get their attention or anything.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:36 AM
Contributing Member

I do sometimes - but in our horrible Seattle area traffic, I usually just use one finger...
Guess you can also take it as being #1
Old 03-13-2003, 11:44 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would, but around here there's a good chance that she'd have a cell phone in one hand and a donut in the other. Wouldn't want to distract her.

OTOH, I always check out anything lifted, which is most of the rest. I nod in appreciation, but those guys don't look, probably thinking "poseur's not going off-road with that".
Old 03-13-2003, 11:47 AM
Contributing Member

Waving . . .

Since adding the bull bar and lifting my truck I am getting a lot more gawks from other 4runner owners. I'm now starting to give them a parade wave and regal nod.

I've been riding motorcycles for years and wave at all other riders - most wave back and the camaraderie is great.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:06 PM
Contributing Member

I dont wave because most of the 4Runner owners here are Snottsdale women doing their make-up, talking on their cell phone, looking in the mirror, and blinding me with their 10 carat rings.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:09 PM
Contributing Member

I haven't waved, but I'm usually looking to see what mods they may have done. There's alot of them on the road, but most of them (unlike us) don't appreciate what they have

I'm planning on buying a yotatech sticker to put on the back. Since I've found this site, I'm always wondering if I'm passing by other Yota members. The sticker would be an easy way to recognize.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:15 PM

Hell no, my arm would get sore.

Now, when I had my 300ZX people whould wave or flash their lights at each other.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:21 PM
Contributing Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
No but I always look just in case they do wave to me which no one ever does.:cry:
Old 03-13-2003, 12:44 PM
Contributing Member

How about this, anyone who feels sociable just put a red circle/dot sticker on the top drivers corner of the windshield. That way oncoming vehicles can spot it. And if you see one in a parking lot you can feel free to have a look at the rig, and you don't need to worry if someone is looking in your rig.

I figure it's an easy way to let the soccer mom's have their distance without worrying about the strange dirty man pressing their stubly drooling face against the glass and licking the window.

I dunno, maybe can put a big "T" on the sticker, or a "4", or your handle, BB name or something...

Or is this just stupid...
Old 03-13-2003, 01:07 PM
Contributing Member

I get an occational nod from other Tacoma owners, but nothing from the 4Runners. They don't seem to be too interested in my truck. Even though they are so close in construction.

My truck get's a pretty good amount of attention from other Tacoma owners. There are not very many color keyed Tacos around here, and even fewer color keyed Double Cabs. I get into quite a few conversations about Tacomas while in parking lots.

I also ride motorcycles, and everyone waves. It is almost understood that you wave to passing bikes. It's nice to know that someone else shares your interests.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:14 PM

I usualyl don't wave at the soccer mom's I guess. I did pull up to this pretty cute chick yesterday, in a silver 02. She just gave me a nice smile when I looked at her truck.

NOBODY out here has lifted 4runners!! I have never even noticed any mods of em, except this one chick that had a TJM bumper WITH WINCH and trailoring a ski-doo(in the middle of winter which was weird) but none the less, she gave a nice honk of that wussy horn, and a wave, and I motored on past her....
Old 03-13-2003, 01:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Back in the day ...
Corvette owners used to wave at each other, but then Corvettes got priced out of the realm of possibility for real people and doctors and lawyers start to be the primary owners. They don't wave ... they send bills.

When I was riding motorcycles, everyone on an import bike would wave, regardless of the country of origin or brand, but you dare not wave at a Harley rider because they will turn around, chase you down and burn your ride. Also, doctors and lawyers ride Harleys now and they don't wave ... they send bills.

In my 4Runner, I get acknowledgement from some fellow 4Runner owners. However, I have to be very careful who I wave at because you don't want to wave at a soccer mom; they are married to doctors and lawyers and they don' t wave, they sue for sexual harassment.
Old 03-13-2003, 02:14 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I make an effort to moon other 4runners.
Old 03-13-2003, 02:16 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Robinhood150
I make an effort to moon other 4runners.
While you are driving? That's impressive.

Quick Reply: You guys ever wave at other 4runners?