YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   WTF pink/purple fluid leak? (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/wtf-pink-purple-fluid-leak-66676/)

Gangus2006 09-05-2005 10:54 AM

So the res was empty again this morning.

THis is retarded.

Yamaha+Toyota=Fun 09-05-2005 11:17 AM

no its not retarded.........

its a leak

Yota4runner 09-05-2005 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Yamaha+Toyota=Fun

its a leak

And clearly that of which needs to be fixed. Your dumping coolant Gangus, as my old man says, you only get one shot with heat and your engine. You don't want to be on the wrong side of that gauge.

Gangus2006 09-05-2005 12:48 PM

I cant figure this out. Why am I dumping coolant at such a rate, sometimes run with an empty res, but not overheat? Its running cooler than what it did before.

Diesel_Freak 09-05-2005 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Yamaha+Toyota=Fun

its a leak

:) Ha totaly... Not to bum you out, cause I get frustrated at Cars/Trucks too, but your coolant system is a closed loop pressurised system... it may not leak untill you turn the truck on, then a pin holle will gush a gallon... Sorry you're having trouble, but at least you can keep filling up the coolant... Try droping an Egg in the radiator :lol: it worked to stop a leak on Mythbusters... No on second thought don't and forget I ever said to :shifty eyes:

Gangus2006 09-05-2005 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel_Freak
:) Ha totaly... Not to bum you out, cause I get frustrated at Cars/Trucks too, but your coolant system is a closed loop pressurised system... it may not leak untill you turn the truck on, then a pin holle will gush a gallon... Sorry you're having trouble, but at least you can keep filling up the coolant... Try droping an Egg in the radiator :lol: it worked to stop a leak on Mythbusters... No on second thought don't and forget I ever said to :shifty eyes:

The egg DOES work. However, thats ONLY if its the radiator.

BruceTS 09-05-2005 04:14 PM

Sounds like your leak is much bigger than mine, I'd definately start taking things apart and find the leak......

Gangus2006 09-07-2005 01:22 PM

Ok, this IS retarded. Yesterday when I checked it, it was JUST ABOUT below the line. I didnt bother adding more. Today, I checked it, it was JUST ABOUT above the line. WTH? All the coolant I dumped int here, was Green Prestone, yet the res, is full of RED coolant. With the amount of coolant that was dumped, there is no way in hell there couldve been that much red coolant left to turn the green coolant so red.

Im confused.

celica 09-07-2005 01:32 PM

OK this is my first flaming but I think it is needed. Stop your Bi***ing, suck it up princess and get the thing fixed. You are simply repeating that you have a leak over and over but have not given us any additional insight into what it is, how to fix it, or how it happened, so what is the point, we know you have a leak. :mad2: We are not school kids that are in awe over coolent colors and pissing on the ground.

Gangus2006 09-07-2005 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by celica
OK this is my first flaming but I think it is needed. Stop your Bi***ing, suck it up princess and get the thing fixed. You are simply repeating that you have a leak over and over but have not given us any additional insight into what it is, how to fix it, or how it happened, so what is the point, we know you have a leak. :mad2: We are not school kids that are in awe over coolent colors and pissing on the ground.

Well, explain to me how the truck dumped most of the red fluid, I added green fluid, and now the fluid is RED.

celica 09-07-2005 02:43 PM

Who gives a rats A**. How much of the red fluid did it dump - at least 2-3 gallons??? If it dumped that much you would have overheated. Colors are grade 1-3. The more red then green it will over power it, as well other dies are more potent then others - who cares. If you are losing that much fluid you are going to cook the motor and then you will be whinning to us for months over a cooked engine when we all told you to get it looked at.

waskillywabbit 09-07-2005 03:10 PM

:alert: Seek professional help :alert:

And take your rig to the dealer too. :hillbill:

:guitar:

BruceTS 09-07-2005 05:28 PM

You may have opened up a big can of worms, NEVER mix red and green coolant, they react with each other and can cause many problems........

Gangus2006 09-07-2005 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by BruceTS
You may have opened up a big can of worms, NEVER mix red and green coolant, they react with each other and can cause many problems........

The jug said it was ok to mix with other coolant colors. It was the Prestone 50/50 stuff.

But yea, screw this. Not my truck, I dont care anymore. If hte engine blows or whatever, OH WELL.

All my mods are going off htis weekend, adn being thrown up for sale.

marko3xl3 09-07-2005 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gangus2006
The jug said it was ok to mix with other coolant colors. It was the Prestone 50/50 stuff.

But yea, screw this. Not my truck, I dont care anymore. If hte engine blows or whatever, OH WELL.

The only reason they are saying it's OK to mix is because it'll sell better than if it says "DO NOT MIX". It's really not OK, kind of like putting aluminum and copper together.

And yes, it is your truck. Your parents bought it for you and you have done plenty of stuff to it and it just wouldn't be fair to say "OH SCREW IT, I'LL THROW MY PAIN ON SOMEONE ELSE". There has been many times where you said that this is your truck (but it's just registered to your parents) to make yourself look good and now you just randomly change your mind. I am 17 too just btw, so think.

Other than that, if you can't find the leak yourself, pay someone to find the leak, and then see if it's an easy fix or not. If it is fix it or else don't drive tje truck until you can afford to fix it. We all have to do it...

Sorry for b****ing man.

rpeAMP 09-07-2005 06:28 PM

It could be the upper or lower bypass hoses. They're near to the firewall and hard to find/diagnose. I had both of them go bad and dump a ton of coolant on the ground, but it never affected my temperature. The parts are cheap and it was only about $200 with a pressure test afterward and new red coolant.

waskillywabbit 09-07-2005 06:33 PM

Prime reason many states have raised the legal driving age to 18, lack of maturity. You are a spoiled kid who needs a trip behind the woodshed to start...

You ask for help. Folks offer solutions. You ignore them only to whine some more. Do us all a favor...de-mod the 4Runner, sell it and buy a Miata.

:woo:

Yamaha+Toyota=Fun 09-07-2005 07:43 PM

If you paid for a single penny of it, then you wouldn't be saying that.

BTW your motor is totally screwed, so you better sell it to me for really cheap. :laugh:

Gangus2006 09-08-2005 10:38 AM

lol...im going to get it checked today.

I was JUST A LITTLE bit pissed off at life last night.

dwh91102 09-08-2005 11:44 AM

Dude, slow down and think and look for a minute. To start if you can change your oil, you find a coolant leak. First check and make sure the cap isn't leaking, then check the radiator for any leaks. Second check the hoses 1 on top 1 on bottom, ok after those are checked, check the heater hoses. Thrid if you haven't found that leak yet, you should be able to tell that it's running down from the water pump. Also as said earlier, it is a presurized system, so you may need to start the runner before trying any of this. Trust me your talkin to a hot head here, and sometimes the best thing you can do is step back and take a breather and THINK FOR A MINUTE