YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   woo snow 4wheelin today (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/woo-snow-4wheelin-today-47548/)

89macrunner 12-19-2004 06:42 PM

woo snow 4wheelin today

So this afternoon i was sitting around with my dad and we were bored so we decied to take our 4runners (my 89 and his 99) and we decide to head back into the new development behind our house which has paved but unplowed roads with some reallllly steep hills :D. so anyways we take it slow on the way down the road climb up a few of the hills no problem going down was fun tho... lots of intesting slides pulled.I wish i took someone to take pictures but oh well..anyways on our way back to the roads i decided to gun it while in 4WD Hi so im going about 50 miles an hour and im in a big open area (going to be a caludasack on both sides) anyways i slam on the breaks (no i dont have abs) and i cut the wheel to the left and i managed to hit some ice and spin around twice and slide to a safe stop away from anything dangerous....wooo that was intersting for the first run this winter...anybody else had some fun in the snow yet?...haha yes I know i sound like a foolish kid but if you saw a big open lot what would you do?

White83 12-19-2004 07:13 PM

Been up in the snow and ice a few times already this year. Still have a lot to learn driving in snow lol, haven't got stuck yet though :) need to find deeper stuff hehe

fiveofeen 12-19-2004 10:12 PM

great developments to go wheelin around here too

Tofer 12-19-2004 10:27 PM

Urban wheelin... my favorite! i got yelled at on here last time i talked about urban wheelin.... although your case is a little different... i was in a muddy construction zone, you're on roads

Yamaha+Toyota=Fun 12-19-2004 11:23 PM

Near my friends house they were building a housing devlopment, and I decided to go drive around in the bulldozed areas. I found a patch of mud and went through it a few times, it eventually got to be fairly deep and rutted up on both sides. The next week the workers put a bunch of logs around it. :(

89macrunner 12-21-2004 04:03 PM

hahahha yea they're probably trying to build something in that spot

EWAYota 12-21-2004 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by ToferUOP
Urban wheelin... my favorite! i got yelled at on here last time i talked about urban wheelin.... although your case is a little different... i was in a muddy construction zone, you're on roads

the key is to work at a construction site! i have access to a few acres of sand, we have rock piles (climbed one today, had my left front tire about 3 feet off the ground, right front was still on flat surface, but i lifted my left rear up and off the ground and my right was almost fully stuffed into the wheel well), and some mud spots at well. :hillbill:

ps, im starting to like this rock climbing stuff, slower and more extreme angles!