YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Won't believe this... (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/wont-believe-7498/)

FreeRunner 03-10-2003 12:53 PM

Won't believe this...

1 Attachment(s)
Long time lurker...first time poster and now Owner! I did some computer work for a friend of mine ( nice lady really...) last week. It was about a weeks worth maybe 35hrs all together. I went to settle up the bill on Friday and as a joke I said I would trade her for that 4runner that was slowly rotting away in the front yard......and she did!!!!! I can't believe it, I now own a '90 4runner with a V6...Bawhahaha. She signed the title over to me and gave me the entire history in a folder...all "stealer" repairs including HG and new clutch! Wow! I have some pics attached of Friday when I drove it home. So on Sat. I put in a new waterpump, and timing belt. I am now just putting everything back together today.

Quick question....I have put the timing belt on maybe 9 times now with both cams at the correct marks (faceup and on the mark) and the crank on it's mark ( faceup and at TDC ). When I rotate a full revolution...(twice around) my cams are inline and perfect at TDC...but my crank is about 5 degrees past zero??? When my crank is right at zero, both cams are maybe 5 degrees before they line up??? Is this normal? No matter how many times I carefully put the belt on...not slipping and teeth or anything...hmmm maybe that is the way it should be? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for letting me be part of a great forum.....u guys rock!

:laugh:

FreeRunner 03-10-2003 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
more pics

FreeRunner 03-10-2003 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another

FreeRunner 03-10-2003 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
one more

Scottiac 03-10-2003 12:57 PM

Dang! I hate to ask what your hourly rate is that made that look like a good deal! :eeek: :D

Time to bump my fees!

Welcome to owner-land!

HBoss 03-10-2003 12:58 PM

How come I never get sweet trades like that for my computer-helping time?? Awesome deal man! :D

Welcome to YotaTech!

Los Gatos? 03-10-2003 12:59 PM

Nice...the price is right!

INsr5runner 03-10-2003 01:01 PM

So you gonna Offroad it?? or just daily drive? I know if Ihad another truck "given" to me, it would be a MONSTER!

FreeRunner 03-10-2003 01:22 PM

It will be my new shop truck , so I guess a dd. I have a vinyl graphics business so looks like a full vehicle wrap for this runner. Just need to find some straight body parts....rear door, bumper, grill..?

HaveBlue 03-10-2003 01:51 PM

Oooh...I see a candidate for an ARB bumper!
Way to go on the wheelin' and dealin'!

x4RunnerTM7x 03-10-2003 02:16 PM

sounds like you got a steal...need some work but im sure its going to be fun

1Runner 03-10-2003 02:47 PM

I've done all my swearing and name calling...... I THINK I can be productive now. Take your VIN no. in to your local dealer and find out if the head gasket recall was done.
For your grill repair (noticed its twisted) do the stainless mesh insert the guys on here have done. New grill for 8 or 10 bucks!!

Bob_98SR5 03-10-2003 02:51 PM

(FreeRunner says to old lady)

"You will give me that 4runner rotting in your driveway"

You are truly the master of the Jedi arts, my friend.

Bob

rowan 03-10-2003 03:12 PM

the rear looks saggy.

you'd be better off with a nice firm ride.

hahaha ;)

good deal man as long as she runs. can't help you with the timing belt... :pat:

FreeRunner 03-10-2003 06:37 PM

Thanks for all the comments....you guys crack me up. That's why I registered at this forum....good folks.

As far as the timing belt issue, I think all is well. Just going to put it back together and hope she fires up. If not....live and learn.

Those running boards gotta come off......hmmmm where'd I put that WD40...hehe

Later all..:welder: