YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Wierd things happening (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/wierd-things-happening-49741/)

Vtec_Killer 01-20-2005 07:59 AM

Wierd things happening

This AM on my way to work, my Runner acted kind of wierd.

So, I'm practicing my egg under the accelerator and she starts bucking. She's already warm at this point. I was at a light and gave her a bit of gas, she then proceeded to buck. The oil/water temp gauge(stock) started to flutter back and forth and the battery light would flash.

I decided to punch it and the bucking and light flashing went away. Any ideas of what that could be?

Indy_Commuter 01-20-2005 08:11 AM

sounds like your motor is trying to quit. Might be a weak fuel pump.

TacomaTRD 01-20-2005 08:14 AM

water in the gas? did the truck sit awhile before buying with very little fuel in the tank? I know you live in CA, but out where it's cold it sounds like a frozen fuel line.

Vtec_Killer 01-20-2005 08:23 AM

No, I drive her every other day.

She's going to the shop on Monday for an exhaust leak. Guess I'll have them check out the fuel pump as well.

What could cause the battery light to flash though?

okidoc 01-20-2005 08:29 AM

I would bet electrical Bad alt or could also be a bad ground. Check both sides of your (-) battery cable. They can intermittently pop up and then spontaneously subside, while gradually getting worse and more consistent. The battery light is the ecu telling you that the alt isn't producing sufficient power.

DanBUCF 01-20-2005 08:32 AM

Hmmm...my 4runner bucks from time to time as well. But never flashes any lights or anything. I thought maybe I was the only one?

Carbonized 01-20-2005 08:52 AM

Also, on the possibility that it may be electrical: you may just want to check to make sure you dont have a main power cable shorting out somewhere, it could be sporatically rubbing on something to cause a short while the motor is running. It actually happened to me on another car once..stumped me for about 2 days before I fugured it out.

Good Luck!

phorunninduke 01-20-2005 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Carbonized
Also, on the possibility that it may be electrical: you may just want to check to make sure you dont have a main power cable shorting out somewhere, it could be sporatically rubbing on something to cause a short while the motor is running. It actually happened to me on another car once..stumped me for about 2 days before I fugured it out.

Good Luck!

Your acura is probably one of the slickest things I have ever seen. Do you have about a thousand more pics for me to drool over?

rimpainter.com 01-20-2005 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by okidoc
I would bet electrical Bad alt or could also be a bad ground. Check both sides of your (-) battery cable. They can intermittently pop up and then spontaneously subside, while gradually getting worse and more consistent. The battery light is the ecu telling you that the alt isn't producing sufficient power.

I agree.

MTL_4runner 01-20-2005 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by <96 Runner>
I agree.

Ditto.