Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Well I got another deer last night at 50mph.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 03:51 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I got another deer last night at 50mph.

I took my truck out for the first time in a week last night to fill it up and just to run it a little. Well on the way home at about 50 mph WHAM I smacked another freaking deer! I’ve been very lucky so far though, this one hit dead center smacked my grill guard and rolled under the truck which is a rather nasty feeling, I think I caught some air! The deer was a rather large buck with horns and it took off up into the woods but I cant imagine it made it very far after being ran the f^(+ over! I hate deer; it really would not hurt my feelings if the entire species died off. This makes 9 since I got my drivers license 10 years ago!
Old 11-11-2004, 04:14 AM

The thing got up and ran away ? Amazing.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:44 AM
Contributing Member

you could say that I guess.....

Originally Posted by HondaTec521
The thing got up and ran away ? Amazing.
well it didnt exactly run I guess you could say it lurched its way into the woods! I really really hate deer but at the same time I dont like deer hunters, they always frown on my mountain bike habbit and really dont like to hear the truck or dual sport plunking throught the fire trails! Ive actually been yelled at by some hunters before, jackasses they dont own the woods but if they are taking out the deer I should let them work!
Old 11-11-2004, 07:03 AM

"The thing got up and ran away ? Amazing."

That's not nearly as amazing as hitting 9 deer in 10 years. Talking about horrible luck. Sorry man.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ever think about getting one of those Deer Whistles you stick on your rig ?

Old 11-11-2004, 08:24 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4Hummer

I think he's got one of those deer magnets already!
Old 11-11-2004, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Ilovemountains
This makes 9 since I got my drivers license 10 years ago!
That's got to be a record.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:20 AM

Those deer whistles don't work at all, get some better head lights. We got elk and deer all over the place back home and it's a lot easier to see them with my silverstars than it was with the stock bulbs. I've narrowly avoided the damn animals many times, but I'm just waitin till one meets my TJM ( ) it'll be like when the saturn rear-ended me last week and hit nothin but hitch, sucka. Sorry to hear about you bad luck man
Old 11-11-2004, 11:11 AM

CB/3deer/bigrig

While we are on the topic might I add my latest deer incident. I was hammer'n down towards school this morning arond 5:15am, and over the cb I hear a driver chime in: "Hey east-bound watch the bridge before the 2-lane, I just hit 3 deer all at once.....(he cackles a bit and adds..) they didn't even slow me down a bit....gotta love this ol' Kenworth."
Sure enough he had my front door, and I saw two of the deer lying in the road in pieces and saw the third on the way home this evening. Some luck.
Just a thought: Maybe your friends are playing tricks on you by spraying your truck with Tinks 69(doe estrous). That would explain why you are hitting so many deer!
Old 11-11-2004, 01:33 PM
Contributing Member

What about dmg to the truck?
Old 11-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Contributing Member

You must have those deer whistles on backwards.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:22 PM

I can see mod money opportunity here!! I can also see you on the side of the road with a sign that reads "Venicin Jerky"!!
Old 11-11-2004, 07:02 PM
Contributing Member

I have used these in the past and I am fairly sure they actually work if mounted corectly.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:09 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by rngrchad
While we are on the topic might I add my latest deer incident. I was hammer'n down towards school this morning arond 5:15am, and over the cb I hear a driver chime in: "Hey east-bound watch the bridge before the 2-lane, I just hit 3 deer all at once.....(he cackles a bit and adds..) they didn't even slow me down a bit....gotta love this ol' Kenworth."
Sure enough he had my front door, and I saw two of the deer lying in the road in pieces and saw the third on the way home this evening. Some luck.
Just a thought: Maybe your friends are playing tricks on you by spraying your truck with Tinks 69(doe estrous). That would explain why you are hitting so many deer!
That's a great storie. I just showed this to my non-Toyota friend and we had a good lol.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by bike4miles
That's a great storie. I just showed this to my non-Toyota friend and we had a good lol.
me too but it was because of the CB talk. putting "front door" into a sentence is great
Old 11-12-2004, 04:59 AM
Contributing Member

Thumbs up very little damage this time!

My truck has a Smitty grill guard that bolts to the frame not the bumper; my front license plate has a nice smear of blood on it though as does the drivers side rear wheel! The BEST thing was yesterday I jumped on my dual sport and went for a ride down to the area where it happened, the FREAKING DEER IS STILL ALIVE, it was standing off the side of the road rather beat up and was walking around! Rabies? I’m not sure you would think it would freaking learn to stay away from the road. I may take my truck back there tonight and finish the POS off, I hate deer. “just kidding” The last time I hit one it took out my head light. The others were in my Saab! Once I hit one at almost 70mph, dead nuts in the center turning the freaking deer into a large furry base ball! It flew out in front and I couldn’t get slowed down enough and hit it again this time it rolled under the car, which had a Killen handling package installed so it was about 4" off the ground, NASTY FREAKING FEELING! The grill, both head lights and buckets, hood, radiator tower, bumper, lower cowling and the rear bumper were all shot, the rear bumper got pulled back wards as the deer got rolled out the back! I got the car back from the body shop and a week went by, it was Christmas day, the first one after my brothers fatal crash and I hit ANOTHER freaking deer, I guess that was his Christmas gift to me I had one jump off an embankment and crush both passenger side doors, one I was in an ex's Altima, I hit the deer then slid off the road and planted the front of the car into a freaking historical land mark, one I hit head on in my Saab and it flew up onto the hood and was twitching, so I got out of the car and couldn’t help myself, I punched it so hard in the head that I fractured my wrist! Then I put the car in reverse, dumped the clutch and hit the brakes, it flew off and slid off the road... The list goes on and on. I hate deer, where I live every road leading to my town has corn fields on either side and there are the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers so there are deer every where! Kill them all.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:31 AM

Ever since that girl hit me (and if her insurance ever kicks with what they OWE me), I thought about a new mod, might come in handy for deer too. Notice the front of the train, that's made for pushing cattle out of the way

Now if it could only be done lightweight and strong enough to mount on a truck...........

Last edited by ctcost; 11-12-2004 at 05:36 AM.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ilovemountains
I punched it so hard in the head that I fractured my wrist! Then I put the car in reverse, dumped the clutch and hit the brakes, it flew off and slid off the road...
Psycho.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey ILOVEMOUNTAINS,
I know what you mean about this area. My boss's wife hit 3 of them in 9 months. 2 while crossing 2 different bridges over the Monocasy in Frederick in her Miata, and one in my boss's Bronco on I70 in Middletown 2 65mph. I almost nailed 3 last night myself. the hunters are your friend only when they get one, the rest of the time they are chasing the deer away, normally towards the roads.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:31 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them on mine. I don't know if they work, but I haven't hit a deer yet, so I'm not talking them off, hehe.

Just below chrome bumper.

Quick Reply: Well I got another deer last night at 50mph.