YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   weight comparisons between brushguard and stock bumper to a tjm or arb (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/weight-comparisons-between-brushguard-stock-bumper-tjm-arb-90920/)

neliconcept 07-24-2006 09:34 PM

weight comparisons between brushguard and stock bumper to a tjm or arb

was lookin around and everytimg I put in weight comparisons I got no results.. argh. I must have been wording it wrong..

I was wondering if anyone has owned a brushguard plus stock bumper before y'all upgraded to a tjm or arb. and which setup was heavier.. Im assuming the metal bumper is but I dont want a big huge diff in weight compared to brushguard and front valence.

BajaRunner 07-25-2006 07:33 AM

Brushgaurd : Paperclip
TJM/ARB : Anvil

JHupp 07-25-2006 07:48 AM

The TJM/ARB setup is actually lighter then a brush guard and stock bumper from what I hear. On the later third gens, there is a huge filler behind the bumper, which adds a lot of weight, and the whole setup has a lower profile then a bruish guard and stock bumper. I do not forsee it being much heavier if it is at all.

calrockx 07-25-2006 08:04 AM

Stock bumper + brush guard = heavier than just a TJM

JGM 07-25-2006 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by calrockx
Stock bumper + brush guard = heavier than just a TJM

Agreed. I started with the stock bumper setup, then went to a brushguard, then to an ARB.

The ARB is heavy without a doubt, but don't think it is that much heavier than the stock + brushguard.

Also, the weight is part of the reason you buy it. Its strong.

BajaRunner 07-25-2006 10:10 AM

Damn you guys must have good brushguards! :D

I guess the ones I was thinking about are the tin-foil ones.

The stock bumper is like paper thin though? I think I can bend it with my hand if I wanted to... (I work out :mrt: ) lol!!

bob200587 07-25-2006 10:13 AM

Maybe it's third gens, but my stock bumper I can hold up with one finger. Lifting the ARB is like doing power cleans...It weighs well over 100lbs...I think.

neliconcept 07-25-2006 10:53 AM

Yeah I wanted weight with good construction to hold up to what im gonna put it though.. right now my brushguard gives the runner a bit of a rake. Was just curious to y'alls thought on that.

thanks for all the input everybody

OutdoorLiving 07-26-2006 02:56 AM

I recently dropped my brush guard off my truck by myself. It certainly isn't any more than 60lbs.

BOSTON4RUNNER 07-26-2006 05:00 AM

I was just pondering the same thing as I am about to fab my bumper and winch set up

I remember putting the brush gaurd on,,,it was DAMN heavy

I am hoping to be around the same weight with my new set up, also will pick up alot of front clearance for approach angle

I am going to use 2 inch, maybe 2.5 inch rectangular tubing for the main part of the bumper though the center winch plate will be integrated into the main frame horns..

tim

nrgetic99 07-26-2006 05:21 AM

I had a WAAG one piece welder Brush Guard on my 99. None of the modular crap.

Either way, it was a little over 55lbs , I know, I looked at shipping it.

David

Wazioc 07-26-2006 05:36 AM

Yeah, I can vouch for the early 3rd gen stock bumpers, they arent easy to bend. After my fight with the ditch, I had to get a comalong hooked to a tractor to pull it back out. And after hitting a bank at 50 mph, it only bent in about 2-3 inches... I'd say thats not too shabby for a stock bumper

lee 07-26-2006 06:19 AM

the tjm is surprisingly light...