YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Used 3.4 Supercharger Pricing and take-off (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/used-3-4-supercharger-pricing-take-off-80603/)

mielerj 03-08-2006 07:13 PM

Used 3.4 Supercharger Pricing and take-off

What are used superchargers selling for??? I'm selling my tacoma soon and I'm planning to take off the S/C before it sells. It has 36k on it (theS/C). Does anyone know what else I need after removing it other than the intake manifold and a new belt. hardware?? I plan to get the needed hardware from the Dealer, but the part guys don't always have the best insight on actual jobs.

Thanks!!

MTL_4runner 03-08-2006 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by mielerj
What are used superchargers selling for??? I'm selling my tacoma soon and I'm planning to take off the S/C before it sells. It has 36k on it (theS/C). Does anyone know what else I need after removing it other than the intake manifold and a new belt. hardware?? I plan to get the needed hardware from the Dealer, but the part guys don't always have the best insight on actual jobs.

Thanks!!

Just sell it as is on eBay if you want to get rid of it.
...you'll still get over $1000 or more depending on miles and which generation it is.

To install the OEM setup again you'll need the manifold, intake bolts, new belt and vacuum line.

bigacuralvr 03-08-2006 08:11 PM

the only different bolts are the bolts that hold the mani onto the block. I think there may be a few other small bolts...but I think those are the only other bolts. And the alt. belt. and some vacuum hose too (for where you teed in a few times...) Shouldn't take more than a few hours...one of the easiest things I've done for a while!!
Brett

mielerj 03-08-2006 08:35 PM

It's a Gen 4. I was thinking around a 1000, but you say maybe more on Ebay. Vacuum hoses, the only thing that really worries me. Luckily a good friend of mine has a 99 Tacoma who is going to pull it beside mine during the removal.

Thanks

MTL_4runner 03-08-2006 09:31 PM

It's a Gen 4. I was thinking around a 1000, but you say maybe more on Ebay. Vacuum hoses, the only thing that really worries me. Luckily a good friend of mine has a 99 Tacoma who is going to pull it beside mine during the removal.

Thanks

That's a pretty fair price depending on the mileage, you might try putting it in the classifieds on YT for a quick sale.

marko3xl3 03-08-2006 10:35 PM

Thanks

There were only 2 generations of this supercharger, and those would be Generation 1 and 2.

mielerj 03-09-2006 05:42 AM

Yeah, it's a Gen 2, my mistake :nono:

bamachem 03-09-2006 05:46 AM

$1000 is a good deal as long as it comes with everything.

to uninstall, just use the installation manual and go in reverse... :roll:

boraxman 03-09-2006 07:20 AM

PM me when you decide to sell, im interested.