YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   TRD Headers (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/trd-headers-2138/)

Beowulf 09-27-2002 09:13 PM

TRD Headers

Hey guys, there is a set of TRD 3.4L exhaust headers up for bid on ebay right now.

I think they will fit pre CA emission 1998 4Runners and 1997+ Tacomas. Currently they are only going for $40 bucks.

Check it here.

Cheers :drink:

pfdaxe 06-17-2003 08:49 PM

Well....I finally broke down and decided on the TRD headers. I should have them in my paws in the next few days. I got a good deal from fellow yotatech member TOR. He said he will beat any other Toyota dealers price. He did beat the best price I could find by about $70. I payed $680 including shipping and no tax. The best price I could find prior to that was $751 with shipping. Give Todd(TOR) a try. As soon as they get here, they are off to Jet-Hot for ceramic coating then Toyowest for install.

BTW...I have tried several mods and I have come to the conclusion that I'm getting my famous mid-range ping from the sh** 91 octane fuel.

I have tried the TRD t-stat, Denso 1-step cooler Iridium plugs and the ECT mod. I didn't notice any performance gains or less ping with these. In fact, I did get alittle peppier response low end from the ECT mod but it seamed to suffer at the top end and at WOT.

I'll keep you posted on the headers. They should complement the s/c and TRD exhaust.

Paul

asudan96Runner 06-17-2003 09:36 PM

How much are they charging for the header install? Will the stand behind the install if they leak?

I am looking at TRD headers also, but $800 installed is my limit. (I think)

Dan

pfdaxe 06-18-2003 04:53 AM

Dan:

Here is a copy of a previous post:

Here are some header install prices I just received from some local(Phoenix)shops:

Larry Miller Toyota: $760
Bell Road Toyota: $425
Toyowest(Independent shop): $350

TOR 06-18-2003 05:29 AM

TRD Headers

If anyone is looking for TRD parts feel free to drop me line anytime I will be happy to give you a quote.

TP

asudan96Runner 06-18-2003 06:22 AM

Originally posted by pfdaxe
Dan:

Here is a copy of a previous post:

Here are some header install prices I just received from some local(Phoenix)shops:

Larry Miller Toyota: $760
Bell Road Toyota: $425
Toyowest(Independent shop): $350

I hate Larry Miller Toyota. They said it would cost $600 to install my S/C.

Dan

asudan96Runner 06-18-2003 06:26 AM

Re: TRD Headers

Originally posted by TOR
If anyone is looking for TRD parts feel free to drop me line anytime I will be happy to give you a quote.

TP

Todd,

You should talk to your people and see if you can get some kind of club discount on factory parts. I was a member of the DSM Club (Eagle Talon's, etc) and we for 25% off at a dealership in Florida. Needless to say that dealership had to hire an extra person to handle all of the orders.

Dan

rimpainter.com 06-18-2003 06:27 AM

BTW...I have tried several mods and I have come to the conclusion that I'm getting my famous mid-range ping from the sh** 91 octane fuel.

I have tried the TRD t-stat, Denso 1-step cooler Iridium plugs and the ECT mod. I didn't notice any performance gains or less ping with these. In fact, I did get alittle peppier response low end from the ECT mod but it seamed to suffer at the top end and at WOT.

Hey Paul, it might be a pain, but have you tried NOS octane boost? That should put you at or above the 93 min rating that others are fortunate enough to have in their part of the country.

Another idea.

pfdaxe 06-18-2003 06:30 AM

Yeah...LM Toyota stink. And I'm being polite.

I had a check engine light come on once and they told me I needed a new MAF. The joke was they told me it was because of the oil from my (at that time) K&N filter and it voided my warranty. They wanted to charge me $245. By federal law it didn't void warranty.

I ended up taking it to Camelback Toyota(where I bought it)and they told me the MAF was fine and just reset something. Camelback has always done me right. Bell Rd is another one that has a bunch of idiots. Although not as bad as Larry Miller.

pfdaxe 06-18-2003 06:34 AM

Christian:

That was my next move. I'll try some octane boost. Or I may venture to the 76 station at 56th street & Bell and try some 100 octane from the pump just to see what it'll do. At around $5 a gallon....I won't be filling up :)

I'm heading to L.A. in August...maybe they have some higher octane??

rimpainter.com 06-18-2003 06:37 AM

I'm heading to L.A. in August...maybe they have some higher octane??

For good? Or vacation?

pfdaxe 06-18-2003 06:54 AM

Vaca....

Just because I'm getting headers...doesn't mean I can afford to live in Cali.....:laugh:

AznSky 06-18-2003 06:56 AM

Christian:

That was my next move. I'll try some octane boost. Or I may venture to the 76 station at 56th street & Bell and try some 100 octane from the pump just to see what it'll do. At around $5 a gallon....I won't be filling up :)

Hey that's right by my house!!!

TOR 06-18-2003 07:16 AM

Factory parts discount

Dan

Ok here is the deal, the reason I don't need to do a group discount is that if you order online with me you already receive a substantial discount. For instance, if you were to walk into my dealership and order the headers for your truck list price would be $926.43 plus tax online you would pay $791.49 with no tax. Even then, I will work with you on the price if I can depending on how much I get them for. I am trying to make a name and reputation for myself out online. The dealerships just don't understand the business that the internet contains. I on the other hand do and would like to help out as many people as I can with hard to find parts and prices. My address is listed and I am constantly checking emails. The online discount applies to all factory parts and TRD. Anytime anyone needs something please keep me in mind.

TP

TOR 06-18-2003 07:31 AM

Group discounts

Dan check the board, I am starting a new thread on group dicounts.

Todd

AznSky 06-18-2003 07:43 AM

Dang I should of asked you for my lugnuts, cuz I just paid 6 bucks a piece, which totaled out to be 150 for the 24.

150 bucks for stupid lugnuts!

TOR 06-18-2003 07:44 AM

Lug nuts

That sucks man! Anytime you need or think you need something let me take a crack at it first. I will definitely try to get you the best price possible.

Todd

Cebby 06-18-2003 07:48 AM

Originally posted by Toyo_Runner96
Dang I should of asked you for my lugnuts, cuz I just paid 6 bucks a piece, which totaled out to be 150 for the 24.

Holy crap!! I hope they kissed you first...

TOR 06-18-2003 07:50 AM

Lug Nuts

LOL!!!!! Yeah they got ya on that one!

rimpainter.com 06-18-2003 08:00 AM

Originally posted by Toyo_Runner96

Did the guy at the parts counter look like this?

http://www.mpr-biz.com/westproalarm/images/burglar.jpg