Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Time for a new round of mods!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time for a new round of mods!!!

Ok here we go. This is my 94 toy. She has been with me since its conception and has been very loyal to me. Though I am a very rough and tumble kind of guy, I have allways treated her kindly. Thats not to say her and I havent explored many of the mining and forest roads of colorado and Utah. She has also had this thing about traviling around america. Coast to coast without one complaint.
The deal is now we live in the mid west and have had to deal with a few crappy winters. Needless to say Its time for a make over for my girl.
Here a few pics from today and I will search for some trail pics to post soon. Also a list of parts she has now and a future plan.
I am also very open to ideas.

She has :
Pro comp 4" lift
33 12.50 Bfg's
Detroit in the rear open front with 4.56"s
downey headers
KnN intake
And other small stuff.

Now before any flaming goes on I put her together between 94 and 96 so some things I would have done dfferently. Had I known. I am very new to the internet thing so I have been overwhelmed with the amount of info that is out there for my girl....

So now the idea is to update and over haull her.
So far I have picked up new front rotors, pads ,shocks,( maybe changed again after reading about longer ones. I have allready ordered Procomp 9ooo's DOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am starting under the hood. Ihave put new wires, cap , rotor, and plugs. What else should I do?

Oh yea, she has 162xxx miles and seems to run really strong.

Thanks for checking this cheasy thread and giving any comments or advice....Jay....

Last edited by jaymo; 02-06-2005 at 07:19 AM.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:18 AM

you might want to go to the test area and see if you can't get your pics to work... It's easier to suggest mods when we know what we're working with!
Old 02-06-2005, 07:19 AM

Ok I think ive got it.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:37 AM

I also picked up a flowmaster 40, but it is a 2" . My plan is to make it as high as possable after the cat and just 45 it out the otherside to keep it shoert and tucked away.
Should I have gotten the 2.5 instead?

OH its a 3.0.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:41 AM

Now you've got it! The computer I'm using has a really dark monitor, but from what I can see you've got a pretty sweet piece to start with! I guess if you're looking to get your hands dirty you may want to start with maintenance things that may have been overlooked over the years or are simply DUE. From there, maybe some underbody work such as under coating/paint or something to get back to square 1 after a couple of salty winters? That's where I'd start myself, and then go from there.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:03 AM

Yea I have 6 cans of bed liner stuff and some ruct converter stuff. I am going to start on the frame and skids. Sand them and prime them real well. Next will be lift parts , when I put the shocks on. also I am getting some heavy duty torsions from a friend that SAS his 94. Lucky guy. I would love to do sas, just dont have the money rite now.

Any way, I read about taking the manifold off and cleaning every thing in there, also pcv.
Does any one know of where to get gaskets cheaper than the stealership? The exhast manifold is like 50 bux. That is highway robbery.
Ohwell thanks for the reply...Jay...
Old 02-06-2005, 11:15 AM

I bought her at Burt Toyota in Denver in aug of 94.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:05 AM

Two steps forword 1 step back

:pat: :pat: Ok so I have a few of the things going.

First it was shocks and bump stops in front with quick disco's.

I also have new barings for the front axle. Low pro bump stops and new rear springs for the rear are on there way also.
Last night My friend and I fabbed up A new exhaust for her.
She got new pipe frome headers back. the first time I had the exhaust done the cat was hanging so low that would drag it on every curb Id drive over Now its nice and tight to the body.
I have also started fixing some of the rust and dents\scratches from years of abuse.
I ground all the rust and rock chips off of the hood and front fenders. Next I got some spray can bed liner and taped a pattern across the front and went to town.
Now I know that the spray can stuff is not the best but I am on a tight budget. And the next time your on the trail and you hear a rattle can , it will be me fixing trail damage right there...
I am going to do alot more but first a little problam has arisen.
I have allready orderd a new water pump, timing belt, thermostat and new belts.
Now I have been following a thread about the upper motor rebiuld from morphine. And have been gathering the stuff to do the same.I guess I will be starting sooner than planned.

Alot Of thanks to all on this forum, for all the great info. And for morphine , dragon etc, for helping with a major task....Jay...
Old 02-27-2005, 06:29 AM

If you check out Ebay you can find complete rebuild kits even with Cams like this http://cgi.msn.ebay.com/ebaymotors/w...category=33620 Or just search for "22re kit"