Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Texas_Ace's 2000 Supercharged 4Runner 2 years later Dyno, Meth injection +more power!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang dude its been forever since ive seen u on... this makes more sense now. Ive been wondering how come u stopped updating the Mods Thread u created! Well MR2 looks nice dude and ya i want a supercharger also; definitely need to get a fuse box like that and especially for only $5 its a steal of a deal!
Old 10-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xskydivingdudex
Dang dude its been forever since ive seen u on... this makes more sense now. Ive been wondering how come u stopped updating the Mods Thread u created! Well MR2 looks nice dude and ya i want a supercharger also; definitely need to get a fuse box like that and especially for only $5 its a steal of a deal!
Yeah, been busy on other sites. If anyone knows of any new mods, post them in the mods thread and i will update it.

I really like that fuse box too, made life SO much nicer since i have all this wiring done on this truck. Got them wired real nice with relays and the whole nine yards.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:18 PM

Let's see the cheap meth writeup! I want to do one on my runner now.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by chris360hawks
Let's see the cheap meth writeup! I want to do one on my runner now.
I am getting to it lol. Just about got the video edited and ready to go, try to get that uploaded tonight/tomorrow then i can focus on the meth injection writeup.

Good to see i am inspiring some people.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:17 PM

you have definitely caught my attention, so 10hp is approx the expected gains on a NA 3.4 (without tuning, I have no experience there)?
Old 10-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Spence1016
you have definitely caught my attention, so 10hp is approx the expected gains on a NA 3.4 (without tuning, I have no experience there)?
It depends on a lot of factors, mostly having to do with heat, if you live in a cold climate you will not see the gains those in hots ones will see.

It will ensure that your pull to pull power will be consistant.

In a hot climate 10hp is not uncommon to see on the dyno. In cooler climates you might only see 3-5hp.

On some NA cars down here they have seen more then 10whp gains NA. Meth/water injection on an NA car is not as needed/effective as with a boosted car but you will see gains, just never know how much till you do it.

Living in Texas, i am a big fan of it since 105 degree heat is common.

It also keeps your engine nice clean and purrty inside. After opening my unknown milage motor with meth on it for a few months, it looks like new inside save for the blown piston rings.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:28 PM

well then I guess I can't complain about the florida heat then, although it has "cooled" off to the point where I don't sweat immediately upon leaving a/c. It must get the engine nice and clean inside, based off the thread i read a few days ago about using water to steam clean the cylinders

Last edited by Spence1016; 10-13-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Spence1016
well then I guess I can't complain about the florida heat then, although it has "cooled" off to the point where I don't sweat immediately upon leaving a/c. It must get the engine nice and clean inside, based off the thread i read a few days ago about using water to steam clean the cylinders
Yeah, if you are in that kind of heat, you will notice improved performacne for sure, and running it off of the washer fluid tank it makes everything nice and simple.

It will keep the inside of the motor nice and clean for sure, i have seen that many times first hand. that alone is a nice feature of it, it also can help gas milage a little.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:17 AM

Man, now you've got me wanting a meth setup on my NA engine! Guess I've got something else to add to the list of crap I'm too busy / lazy to do yet.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:13 AM

I aggree, water/ meth is great for boosted engines, esspecially for you S/C guys if you are pinging or right at the threshold.

I run water/ meth (AEM kit) on my Supra and have boosted up to 27 psi on 94 octane pump gas, made 605 rwhp and 550 TQ, been running it at 20-25 psi all summer with alot of drag racing and the engine is still in great shape, perfect compression/ leakdown. One day I will get a s/c on my runner or maybe a small turbo, its hard to step out of the Supra then into the 4runner, needs more power.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by gdutch
Man, now you've got me wanting a meth setup on my NA engine! Guess I've got something else to add to the list of crap I'm too busy / lazy to do yet.
LOL, yeah it is a nice mod, better then a lot of things people do like say a "cold air intake".

Originally Posted by BIC performance
I aggree, water/ meth is great for boosted engines, esspecially for you S/C guys if you are pinging or right at the threshold.

I run water/ meth (AEM kit) on my Supra and have boosted up to 27 psi on 94 octane pump gas, made 605 rwhp and 550 TQ, been running it at 20-25 psi all summer with alot of drag racing and the engine is still in great shape, perfect compression/ leakdown. One day I will get a s/c on my runner or maybe a small turbo, its hard to step out of the Supra then into the 4runner, needs more power.
Yep, on my mr2 it also worked very well, very impressed with the stuff.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:45 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I think your video is on page 3
Old 10-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 874runnersr5
I think your video is on page 3
Of youtube? Got a link? i didn't see it.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:06 AM

Thanks for the update TA. It's good to see you back working on your 4runner again.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by okie81
Thanks for the update TA. It's good to see you back working on your 4runner again.
Yeah, it was nice to get back working on it again. Just been running so good i have not needed to do anything.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Even for you guys that don't plan on SC'ing the 3.4, I am not kidding, I saw every bit of that 10hp if not more in WA state btw, very noticable on the throttle with 100% meth especially. running a 50/50 mix I seriously went from 275 miles/tank of gas to 325+ per tank, did the math, paying $5/gal for meth and the amount my 3gph nozzle was squirting, the extra mileage MORE than payed for the meth/water.

Other than my SC and fuel mods, the meth/water injection gave me the most noticeable gains in power of anything else including headers. It was very exciting for me when I bought my first can of methanol and drove home with it injecting, couldn't get off the throttle I was so happy.

DO IT!!!

I'm anxious to see the DIY setup on youtube, glad you came back TexasAce; we must team up and get everyone on here squirting meth! I feel like a salesman for Devil's Own every time I talk about them....lol
Old 10-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by aa1911
Even for you guys that don't plan on SC'ing the 3.4, I am not kidding, I saw every bit of that 10hp if not more in WA state btw, very noticable on the throttle with 100% meth especially. running a 50/50 mix I seriously went from 275 miles/tank of gas to 325+ per tank, did the math, paying $5/gal for meth and the amount my 3gph nozzle was squirting, the extra mileage MORE than payed for the meth/water.

Other than my SC and fuel mods, the meth/water injection gave me the most noticeable gains in power of anything else including headers. It was very exciting for me when I bought my first can of methanol and drove home with it injecting, couldn't get off the throttle I was so happy.

DO IT!!!

I'm anxious to see the DIY setup on youtube, glad you came back TexasAce; we must team up and get everyone on here squirting meth! I feel like a salesman for Devil's Own every time I talk about them....lol
Agreed, i have seen some V8's down here make as much as 20more hp with meth and tuning, but since tuning is not an option and we have V6's i figure 10hp is a good round figure.

The differnce in throttle response, smoothness, and consistancy is VERY noticable indeed.

Devils own is my prefered band as well next to Aquamist, but they are pricy. They make the best nozzles for sure.

Video of my mods is uploading now, will post the link in a little bit or those that subcribed will see it when it finishes. Then i will get working on a DIY setup writeup.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea i remember you from your avatar lol. man that 4runner is one sick sleeper.
"if soemone asks you if a SCd 4runner is fast, fast no, quick yes." hahhahHhahahah loved that. shell really roast em wont she
Old 10-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by yoder519
yea i remember you from your avatar lol. man that 4runner is one sick sleeper.
"if soemone asks you if a SCd 4runner is fast, fast no, quick yes." hahhahHhahahah loved that. shell really roast em wont she
LOL, yeah i have used that avatar since my early days online.

She will cook them tires indeed, thats why i leave it in 4wd all the time, plus it fun to take off at a light in a stock sounding and stock looking truck and be WAY out in front.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm pretty sure I scare people on a daily basis without knowing it, I pushed my rig hard between stops before the SC, now, well... she's quicker than the average slowpoke out there... I need a locker and some traction bars so I can double my contact patch, I can't get going at all when it's wet. no weight in the back. I can feel my axle twisting up when I really punch it, hahaha

it's fun to pull away from a stop light with people stacked up behind you and by the time I'm shifting out of second (passing thru 50mph...) I look in the rearview and see a bunch of ants in the distance....

Quick Reply: Texas_Ace's 2000 Supercharged 4Runner 2 years later Dyno, Meth injection +more power!