YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Swaybar Discos: Which would you reccommend? (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/swaybar-discos-would-you-reccommend-12766/)

AznSky 06-22-2003 03:48 PM

Swaybar Discos: Which would you reccommend?

Looking into getting a set of swaybar disco's, which would you guys reccommend? And for a good price too.

Also are they all pretty easy to install?

Darren 06-22-2003 04:09 PM

Your only option is Lars. Send him an email from that page if you're interested.

I think they're $75 and yes, very easy to install. Although you will need a 1/2" drill bit to widen a couple of holes a bit.

INsr5runner 06-22-2003 05:42 PM

Your only option is Lars. Send him an email from that page if you're interested
why is the only option Lars? did Rockstomper quit making theirs?

asudan96Runner 06-22-2003 05:52 PM

I think Rockstomper stopped making them, and from what I hear they sucked. LARS are the best. I can take them off and put them back on in under 2 mins. (with no tools)

Dan

AznSky 06-22-2003 05:53 PM

hey dan did you have to use the 1/2 drill bit to make the whole bigger though? And is the install pretty easy?

asudan96Runner 06-22-2003 06:20 PM

Rob,

yeah I had to use a drill. No big deal. I have a 18v Dewalt. The install was only complicated by me not installing the bolts so that the cotter-pins tilted slightly. when I fixed that it was a breeze.

Check out my pics:
http://www.net-impress.com/4runner/disco/

Dan

INsr5runner 06-22-2003 06:45 PM

I think Rockstomper stopped making them, and from what I hear they sucked
they don't suck. I have them, and they are really realy easy to get in and out. The ONLY complaint is they click a little.

I will probably have to ditch them once I get my lift on though.

TRD 4RNR 06-23-2003 08:06 PM

Re: Swaybar Discos: Which would you reccommend?

I have the Rockstomper's still in the box. I no longer plan to install them. Let's make a deal.
Mike

Originally posted by Toyo_Runner96
Looking into getting a set of swaybar disco's, which would you guys reccommend? And for a good price too.

Also are they all pretty easy to install?

AznSky 06-24-2003 06:50 AM

Hmm...I might look into that trd, as for now I have no money though, so I'm gonna have to wait a couple weeks for my pay check to come in. I'm looking at Lars disco's as well.

loosehead 06-24-2003 08:26 AM

Hey Rob-

If you are on a budget, and have access to a welder or know someone who does, you can make a set of Lars' discos for about half of what he charges. Its pretty easy if you have a decent hardware store near by. When I made my set, I had to order the rod ends from Summit Racing...

asudan96Runner 06-24-2003 08:31 AM

Remember that the disco's are only a convience. You can take off the stock disco's and put them back on in about 15 min or so.

If you don't wheel often, (like me.. haha) I would suggest trying this route and see if you hate it so much you are willing to spend $80 to fix it.

Dan

AznSky 06-24-2003 08:35 AM

Originally posted by asudan96Runner
Remember that the disco's are only a convience. You can take off the stock disco's and put them back on in about 15 min or so.

If you don't wheel often, (like me.. haha) I would suggest trying this route and see if you hate it so much you are willing to spend $80 to fix it.

Dan

I'm lost, what route are you talking about Dan? Making discos urself? I don't know anybody that can weld, and I don't really trust myself, I'd rather pay the 80 bucks and make sure it's perfect.

asudan96Runner 06-24-2003 08:46 AM

Your rig has disco's already. They are just not "quick" disconnects. There are two nuts that have to be removed on each side. You can just disconnect those instead of buying "quick" disco's.

What I am saying is that $80 saves you 10 min every time you go wheeling.

Dan