YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Stock Stereo Anti-theft System (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/stock-stereo-anti-theft-system-1272/)

smr4runner 08-15-2002 11:15 PM

Stock Stereo Anti-theft System

Hey all,
Stupid me set the security code in my stereo when I bought it in 97.

Tonight I was working on the Toy and had to remove the stereo. I totally forgot that I set the damn code. The manual advises that after the 10th attempt, "HELP", will appear on the display and render the stereo inoperable. At this time , the anti-theft light also comes on. If this occurs, the only choice you have is to contact the Toy dealer.

Well fellas (and ladies), Im down to two.

Do any of you know what the dealer does to clear it? If so is it possible to do it ourselves?

Help Obe One!!
:bang:

NerfHerder-97SR5- 08-16-2002 11:43 AM

Is there a reset button anywhere on or around the deck? Something very small that only a tip of a pencil or pen could fit in?

mark from uk 08-16-2002 02:08 PM

I am not sure how true this is but apparently if you stick it in the freezer for 24 hours it is suposed to reset them but it could be a myth about how to cool off a "hot" stereo .

UKMyers 08-16-2002 02:38 PM

LOL Mark that is a good one... My suggestion would be to throw the stock stereo in the ditch and replace it with and aftermarket one and a wiring harness.... real easy to do!! My 2 cents

BTOWN4RUNNER 08-16-2002 05:37 PM

Originally posted by UKMyers
LOL Mark that is a good one... My suggestion would be to throw the stock stereo in the ditch and replace it with and aftermarket one and a wiring harness.... real easy to do!! My 2 cents
Yeah, and they are ALOT better than stock! Do it, do it (starts chant), do it! :fireman:

doink 08-16-2002 07:29 PM

hey man -

when i first got my runner, the stereo didnt work cause of that same security code. i simply took it to the local dealer and they got it workin again. but, i would highly suggest getting an aftermarket head unit. the best mod i have done to date:D

-m

toyota_mdt_tech 08-16-2002 09:09 PM

Re: Stock Stereo Anti-theft System

Originally posted by smr4runner
The manual advises that after the 10th attempt, "HELP", will appear on the display and render the stereo inoperable. At this time , the anti-theft light also comes on. If this occurs, the only choice you have is to contact the Toy dealer.

Well fellas (and ladies), Im down to two.

Do any of you know what the dealer does to clear it? If so is it possible to do it ourselves?

Help Obe One!!
:bang:

Well, your in luck, I just happen to work fairly close to you, I will need your model number and you will need to have it in the "HELP" mode, you can email me personally, this is info that has to remain secret, but I can get it unlocked for you, in fact, you can do it, I can just walk you through it.
:bigok: :bigok:

smr4runner 08-16-2002 10:22 PM

toyota_mdt_tech
Thanks man. I tried two more times just to get "HELP" to display. For S&G's I tried the first three digits of my SS. The damn thing unlocked for me. Whew. I thought my drive to PDX, OR was going to be a long quiet ride.
To the rest O' ya. Yes I was looking at just upgrading my system but I wanna spend the bucks on other items I want to get done.
I can't believe Im turning this opportunity down. Even the wife suggested it.

Again thanks guy
:bigok:

Corey 08-16-2002 10:26 PM

Glad you got it going Mike.
What, a new mod?

Do I smell group buy on the TJM T15 :D