YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   ProCar Parts (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/procar-parts-8173/)

BeBeBloo 03-24-2003 06:19 PM

ProCar Parts

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anybody ever bought from Pro Car Parts. I'm looking into buying clear corner lenses for my Runner and they're selling it for $29.99 and I don't know which company makes it. What I'm looking for is something that is reliable as my Runner and having a good seal where water wouldn't seep in as we see with most aftermarket lenses. Thanks.
Pat:bounce:

96 4runner-stock and in tip top shape

CTB 03-24-2003 06:38 PM

Get in touch with Jason B here on the forum for the lenses for your rig. He will definitely help you out.

BeBeBloo 03-25-2003 04:31 AM

Thx CTB, I have contacted Jason.
Pat

SLC Punk 03-25-2003 05:15 AM

I bought my clear corners form procar parts, (before I found out that Jason B sold them). They shipped the part quickly, but they sent me an intake for a 1994 accord. Their customer service sucks, but after a month of waiting I finally got my clear corners.

I would go with Jason B for corners

rimpainter.com 03-25-2003 06:08 AM

I almost bought clears from this guy too. But, after looking at his feedback , and his shipping charges, I decided against it.

I got my corners from a private seller, and the bumpers from a shop here in phoenix. Total cost: $32 for all!

BeBeBloo 03-25-2003 04:24 PM

<96 Runner>, how's the quality and workmanship of the lenses? I would like to buy good quality ones that wouldn't leak and would last a long time. Are they a perfect fit as the original ones would? I don't like having it look bad and out of place.

trangk 03-25-2003 07:43 PM

For what it's worth ... I've ordered several items from procarparts.com (mainly via his ebay auctions which are usually about 10-15$ cheaper than his website). I've always gotten fast service -- quick email communication, shipping, etc. The items I've purchased have always been of good quality (including the indiglo gauges and clear corner/bumper lenses).

I've just purchased a set of silver reverse indiglos from him and it arrived in a week (CA -> FL shipping). That item looks great also and I can't wait to install them!

DH6twinotter 03-25-2003 08:09 PM

I just ordered a set of bumper lights from him off of ebay. Ordered them a week ago and just came in the mail today. Have already put them on, and fit great. They come with a rubber seal, so that should help any leaking problems. I can't really answer your quality question since I just got them, but so far they seem good. They fit too (unlike my stinkin radiator from some other company :mad1: )

Well, have fun all. :)
DH6twinotter

rimpainter.com 03-26-2003 05:48 AM

Originally posted by BeBeBloo
<96 Runner>, how's the quality and workmanship of the lenses? I would like to buy good quality ones that wouldn't leak and would last a long time. Are they a perfect fit as the original ones would? I don't like having it look bad and out of place.
My clears look good to me. I am in Quality Control, so I will be a little more critical than the average person. If you want to see them, click on my truck in my sig.

I am not saying Procarparts is bad, its just that the prices seem a bit high, and their feedback is not the greatest.

NerfHerder-97SR5- 03-26-2003 09:10 AM

Go with Jason B. End of story.

MY024runner 03-26-2003 05:10 PM

go to jason he sell good ones or performanceproducts.com have them too

96TRDsc 03-26-2003 05:37 PM

I love the clear corners, I got them to match my '02 style headlights....for good high res pics of my headlights and clear corners, go here:
http://moojohn.com/doug/cars3.html

As for where to buy them, I would HIGHLY recommend Jason B at http://www.burtmanindustries.com
the best customer service and pricing :)

victoriousvic 03-27-2003 08:14 AM

clear corner

i ordered clear corners for my 2002 4runner sport edition on monday and received it yesterday. thats 2 days. pretty quick. i installed it last night. as for the quality, i'm not sure. if its crappy quality and anything bad happens, i'll let you all know.

rimpainter.com 03-27-2003 08:16 AM

Re: clear corner

Originally posted by victoriousvic
i ordered clear corners for my 2002 4runner sport edition on monday and received it yesterday. thats 2 days. pretty quick. i installed it last night. as for the quality, i'm not sure. if its crappy quality and anything bad happens, i'll let you all know.
I think what they meant by quality is fit and finish, not longevity. I would rate my clear corners a 7 and my bumpers an 8 out of 10.

BajaTaco 03-27-2003 08:32 AM

I tried ordering from ProCar Parts once. They sent me a notice saying that there was a problem with my credit card address. So I tried calling them a million times and always got a busy signal. I tried emailing them, and they never replied. Apparently they don't have bad customer service - they have NO customer service... at all. I would recommend supporting a member of the forum if you can - sounds like Jason has a good rep.

victoriousvic 03-27-2003 10:33 AM

the passenger side corner light fit well, but i had a little trouble fitting the driver's side. didnt fit perfectly. i hope these arent crappy quality.

calrockx 03-27-2003 03:11 PM

i got my clear cornes from pro car parts. excuse my lack of proper terminology, but the socket where the bulbs goes into on the procar parts ones didn't hook up with the wires in the runner. so i used the sockets from the stock ones and used those with the clear corners. not a big deal, just unexpected. other than that, no problems. but if you can go with jason, why not.