YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Painted my wiper arm over the weekend (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/painted-my-wiper-arm-over-weekend-43625/)

Sludge 10-24-2004 08:24 PM

Painted my wiper arm over the weekend

1 Attachment(s)
While i was painting my aisin hubs i got in the mood to paint some other stuff on the rig. One thing i noticed was the wiper arms. They where rusty and faded looking. So i painted them yesterday here is a few pics of them.

Sludge 10-24-2004 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is another pic

jimbo74 10-24-2004 08:38 PM

so where are the pics of them all painted up? ;)

GregStevens 10-24-2004 08:45 PM

Yep, looks kewl, man...

When I de-chromed the side mirrors, I also did the wiper arms. I didn't take any pics since I thought for sure my neighbors would have thought I lost my mind completely. Like yours, mine were faded and had a small rusty spot or two, but after the black primer and paint? Man, it's looks SOOO much better.

I'll post pics of my de-chroming efforts this coming week though.

It's the little things that make all the difference, isn't it?

:bigok:

jimbo74 10-24-2004 09:55 PM

oh ok... i see you did post pics of it painted....... the flash is just too much for my eyes and they almost look the same.... took me a second and third look to figure it out... looks goood..... im probably going to paint mine red like my truck....

Erich_870 10-24-2004 10:15 PM

What kind of primer did you use? What should I look for if I wanted to paint my stock steel wheels, wipers, and the wheel hubs? I took the chrome caps off, and I want to get rid of the rust and just paint them black.

Erich

bike4miles 10-24-2004 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Erich_870
What kind of primer did you use? What should I look for if I wanted to paint my stock steel wheels, wipers, and the wheel hubs? I took the chrome caps off, and I want to get rid of the rust and just paint them black.

Erich

I used Duplicote to paint my lisence plate suround 2 years ago and it still looks flawless so I am sold on that stuff personally.

Erich_870 10-24-2004 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by bike4miles
I used Duplicote to paint my lisence plate suround 2 years ago and it still looks flawless so I am sold on that stuff personally.

Nice, I'll have to check it out. Hey, you've got a PM too Miles.

Erich

Sludge 10-25-2004 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Erich_870

Erich

I used Plasti-Kote black sandable primer and Plasti-Kote black wheel paint. I sand blasted the wiper arms - cleaded them with soap and water- then primed with 3 thin coats- then painted with 3 coats and baked them in a my homemade oven @176° for 2hrs

One thing i should do is clear coat them but i guess i will do that next time

Cebby 10-25-2004 11:34 AM

I did mine a couple of years back. I used rattlecan bedliner. It's holding up well...