YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   OME Suspension Question (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/ome-suspension-question-26887/)

4Runnerman 02-17-2004 08:07 AM

OME Suspension Question

I'm wondering if anyone has tried using the OME shocks with the stock springs. I'm looking for a more controlled ride than the floaty stock setup, but I don't want it to be harsh like the Bilsteins. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone have experience with the AirLift1000 setup? How well does it work?

Thanks for your help.

4RunnerFever 02-17-2004 08:27 AM

Yea, I'd like to know the same thing and if anyone has OME shocks with PP 1 inch lift springs.

Thanks

X-AWDriver 02-17-2004 08:36 AM

OK,since the "search" function isn't showing much how about OME springs with Bils? Right now I just want something with a 1 inch lift and a good price/vendor.

waskillywabbit 02-17-2004 08:52 AM

Ome

I have all OME equipment, front and rear coils and shocks, best money I've spent yet. I got all mine for around $600. The ride is so much better than the OEM stuff there is no comparison.

:guitar:

Poul D'eau 02-17-2004 08:56 AM

Right now I have stock springs with OME comfort shocks (shock were put on yesterday) and the airlift 1000.

The ride with the OME's is pretty good. The roads in Louisiana are pretty bad but they do a great job of smoothing out the ride. But remember what we are driving is a truck. It will never be as smooth as a car.

The Airlift 100 works real well. A change from 7psi to 12psi makes a huge difference (height and stiffness). It also makes it easier to work on the back end. Just pump it to 25 psi and you've got about 3 inches of more room. The only drawback is that if you are towing the LSPV thinks you are lighter than you really are and all your braking power is sent to the front tires.

I will be pulling the stock coils out and replacing them with OME's and leaving the Airlift setup inplace.

Call Mike at Extreme Offroad for OME

TWOOLLEY 05-08-2004 06:24 PM

Extreme offroad 4runner info....

I just purchased ome 881 front coils and 890 rears. I used n86c shocks in the rear and n91s on the front. Can anyone tell me what else will need done to sit level, and be able to put 285's on a 2001 4runner?

I want it to look just like the white 4runner with grey flares on the extreme offroad web sight. This truck is said to be the companies.

Anyone know what suspension, how much of a lift, and tire size he is using?

Any help would be great.

Tim

waskillywabbit 05-08-2004 06:27 PM

Diff drop

Add in a differential drop in the front to reduce your CV angles more back to stock and you'll be good to go.

:guitar:

goldtaco9 05-08-2004 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by TWOOLLEY
I just purchased ome 881 front coils and 890 rears. I used n86c shocks in the rear and n91s on the front. Can anyone tell me what else will need done to sit level, and be able to put 285's on a 2001 4runner?

I want it to look just like the white 4runner with grey flares on the extreme offroad web sight. This truck is said to be the companies.

Anyone know what suspension, how much of a lift, and tire size he is using?

Any help would be great.

Tim

That is similar to my setup but I have "C" shocks up front plus trim packers. I only saw about 1 5/8" lift up front and I have a TJM w/o winch. I did not install my diff drop since I did not get as much lift as I expected.
I have had the OME's installed for a few months and have not seen any settling yet.
There is a picture of my rig (Steve posted it) on page 28 of the Sonoran rear bumper thread
HERE .

Mike

TWOOLLEY 05-13-2004 01:31 PM

Any other mods needed?

If i have a stock 4runner, do you think it will sit level. Also, would you suggest smashing the pinch weld in the wheel well or will 285's clear. I don't do ANY
off road action.
THanks
Tim

Originally Posted by goldtaco9
That is similar to my setup but I have "C" shocks up front plus trim packers. I only saw about 1 5/8" lift up front and I have a TJM w/o winch. I did not install my diff drop since I did not get as much lift as I expected.
I have had the OME's installed for a few months and have not seen any settling yet.
There is a picture of my rig (Steve posted it) on page 28 of the Sonoran rear bumper thread
HERE .

Mike

goldtaco9 05-15-2004 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by TWOOLLEY
If i have a stock 4runner, do you think it will sit level. Also, would you suggest smashing the pinch weld in the wheel well or will 285's clear. I don't do ANY
off road action.
THanks
Tim

With that combo, my 4Runner is a little higher in the back. I even put trims in the front but I really only saw a little over 1.5 inches with the TJM (no winch).
I have added a Sonoran Steel rear bumper that is a skosh heavier than the stock bumper and hitch but the rear is still a little too high.
I plan on building a custom storage area back there that should add enough weight to get me where I want and still provide a decent ride.
I don't know about 285's. I am still running my stock Dunflops.
Mike