YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Need Some Photoshop Skillz! (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/need-some-photoshop-skillz-83226/)

ac808m 04-11-2006 06:04 PM

Is this Westin bar something you are looking for? It won't push anything like an ARB but it will do the trick. :great: Let me know if you find anything better. I have been looking for a decent one that won't rust and fall off in a year.

fireteacher 04-11-2006 06:17 PM

something just like that ac808m! looks good! does it shake bad on you? lights bright?

fireteacher 04-11-2006 06:41 PM

are these strong enough to put a winch on? i deff want something to put a winch on for the future

Localmotion 04-11-2006 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by fireteacher
are these strong enough to put a winch on? i deff want something to put a winch on for the future

not even close enough

If you want a winch, got for a TJM/ARB/cutom bumper

that thing will protect you..... as long as a shopping cart is what hits you.

ebelen1 04-11-2006 06:50 PM

Garrett, sweet photochop skilz... LMAO

fireteacher 04-11-2006 07:10 PM

ebelen, just saw your avatar, please post a pic of your runner from the front

ebelen1 04-11-2006 08:04 PM

ebelen, just saw your avatar, please post a pic of your runner from the front

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...1/DSC01198.jpg

FUZION 04-11-2006 08:13 PM

http://photos-360.facebook.com/n10/5...14360_6375.jpg

fireteacher 04-12-2006 03:29 AM

fuzion, can you mount a winch on that?

MTL_4runner 04-12-2006 04:32 AM

OMG......that was the best photochop ever! :lol:

I wouldn't go mounting a winch on anything, but an ARB or TJM.
The ones you seem to like are basically for looks only.

fireteacher 04-12-2006 07:29 AM

believe me i like the tjm/arb but the $$$$ makes me cringe!! was hoping that i could find a bar like those that had some strenth and functionality!

gueess not

MTL_4runner 04-12-2006 08:35 AM

believe me i like the tjm/arb but the $$$$ makes me cringe!! was hoping that i could find a bar like those that had some strenth and functionality!

gueess not

Also keep in mind that if you get in a front end accident with those they can do alot of extra damage to your truck.
......just something to think about.....but they do look nice.

fireteacher 04-12-2006 12:00 PM

are you refering to arb/tjm mtl?

FUZION 04-12-2006 01:46 PM

are you refering to arb/tjm mtl?

The arb/tjm will help in the even of a crash. The push bar/grill guard will do more damage.

I also don't think you can mount a winch on anything but an arb/tjm.

I wish I could buy a TJM but then again I dont even go off road. :D

JHupp 04-12-2006 02:15 PM

Yeah, you will definately need an ARB or TJM for a winch. A brush guard won't cut it. The brush guard is nice though. Mine actually saved me some money in my accident. I basically just had to replace the brush guard instead of a whole bumper, and who knows what else. Thanks for the compliments on the build. I also pushed a Chevy 2wd 1500 with my old brush guard that stalled out in the mud, and I did not bend or damage it. The checvy had a dented bumper though. I looked at ARBs and TJMs, but I was never crazy about the look. I know the brush guard gives a little less ground clearence, but with a bigger lift I wont be worried about it. Check outthis link when I do my winch, that's how I plan to do it. That is my buddy Robby from TTORA, he has some sick fab skills. I liked that way the best, it also requires a bit of beefing up the front frame, but IMO is way cheaper, and looks a lot better than a TJM or ARB, and with the runner you would not have to cut the stock plastics as much. Either way, good luck dude, there are a lot of options out there, dont settle on anything too quick, take your time, and check it out, and you will be really happy. It sucks to go slow, but that way every thing gets done right the first time. I know, I dropped a lot of money because I thought I wanted a street truck, and I wound up getting rid of it al in favor of offroad.

fireteacher 04-12-2006 08:00 PM

aweome info jhupp, keep me posted on the winch

MTL_4runner 04-13-2006 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by JHupp
Yeah, you will definately need an ARB or TJM for a winch. A brush guard won't cut it. The brush guard is nice though. Mine actually saved me some money in my accident. I basically just had to replace the brush guard instead of a whole bumper, and who knows what else. Thanks for the compliments on the build. I also pushed a Chevy 2wd 1500 with my old brush guard that stalled out in the mud, and I did not bend or damage it. The checvy had a dented bumper though. I looked at ARBs and TJMs, but I was never crazy about the look. I know the brush guard gives a little less ground clearence, but with a bigger lift I wont be worried about it. Check outthis link when I do my winch, that's how I plan to do it. That is my buddy Robby from TTORA, he has some sick fab skills. I liked that way the best, it also requires a bit of beefing up the front frame, but IMO is way cheaper, and looks a lot better than a TJM or ARB, and with the runner you would not have to cut the stock plastics as much. Either way, good luck dude, there are a lot of options out there, dont settle on anything too quick, take your time, and check it out, and you will be really happy. It sucks to go slow, but that way every thing gets done right the first time. I know, I dropped a lot of money because I thought I wanted a street truck, and I wound up getting rid of it al in favor of offroad.

What Jason is talking about is a custom fab.....so in that case you might be able to run a winch with sufficient bracing (and you need fab skills to do it). There are no off-the-shelf brush guards strong enough to support a winch being used. Some are better built than others and can help in an accident but it also depends on a number of factors (build quality of brushguard, attachment points, velocity, impact angle, etc....).

Jason, I can't wait to see what you end up putting on there because I am not a big fan of the TJMs either.

fireteacher 04-13-2006 07:00 AM

guess im waiting then!!!!

any beef just putting the baddest damn lights straight into the bumper? bob did a write up so ill be using that...

FUZION 04-13-2006 10:54 AM

Before the guard, I use to have my lights on my bumper :great: