YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Mystery 7 chemical injection/ engine cleaning pc cpntrolled service? (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/mystery-7-chemical-injection-engine-cleaning-pc-cpntrolled-service-149482/)

xcmountain80 07-14-2008 09:57 PM

Mystery 7 chemical injection/ engine cleaning pc cpntrolled service?

Please excuse any gaps in my information, I received it second hand. MY brother was recently visiting the dealership where he purchased is 05 Taco and was picking up some new key fobs. The tech and my brother started talking about his last Taco a 02 and yada yada yada there a 7 chemical service that cleans, scrubs, and in theory polishes the interior of the engine. For the tune of $650-$850 or super special hookup price of $100 cash. While It's late and I haven't the time to research this particular week I figured I'd ask you guys and gals and see what I could come up with. Supposedly this trumps and over the counter cleaner ie seafoam.

Aaron

xcmountain80 07-15-2008 06:03 AM

Toyotas Service department mystery 7 chemical

Hate when I forget to spell check my work.

Aaron

BigBallsMcFalls 07-15-2008 06:14 AM

for less than 600 bucks you can have the motor actually cleaned, take apart motor without taking it out, steam clean valves and pistons, intake and manifold, replace gaskets. a real engine clean instead of a miracle can of mystery goo

xcmountain80 07-15-2008 07:24 AM

No can supposedly, it is computer controlled.

Aaron

KZN185W 07-16-2008 02:16 AM

there's an alcohol/water injection device called devil's own...it not only cleans the engine internals but also adds power and torque.
it has been proven to work effctively on 4-cyl turbo diesels It also works on bigger engines but the results are more encouraging with the 4-bangers...not sure if it's applicable to gasoline engines but you might like to check it out

BigBallsMcFalls 07-16-2008 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by KZN185W (Post 50874992)
there's an alcohol/water injection device called devil's own...it not only cleans the engine internals but also adds power and torque.
it has been proven to work effctively on 4-cyl turbo diesels It also works on bigger engines but the results are more encouraging with the 4-bangers...not sure if it's applicable to gasoline engines but you might like to check it out

water injection/alcohol injection is an engine bolt on,
not what OP is saying, a one time engine scrubbing.

yeah water injection and adding alcohol boosts power of course, but
you have to deal with deionized water, fungus, alcohol, and the associated hardware. and money to keep that crap filled and dialed. also you
need to reprogram the ECU. $$$$

KZN185W 07-18-2008 04:43 AM

dunno with gasoline engines, but with td/tdi engines, there's no need for deionized water or have the ecu reprogrammed. yes, it's bolt-on but it does clean the engine internals (combustion chamber parts incl egr) and keeps it clean even by just using water without alcohol.

BigBallsMcFalls 07-18-2008 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by KZN185W (Post 50876869)
dunno with gasoline engines, but with td/tdi engines, there's no need for deionized water or have the ecu reprogrammed. yes, it's bolt-on but it does clean the engine internals (combustion chamber parts incl egr) and keeps it clean even by just using water without alcohol.

diesels detonate as part of the program

gas engines have to avoid that

this is the reason diesels can be made to run on anything with little fuss,
but gas engines have to be pampered a lot for little changes

make a mistake in a gas engine and blammo...junk crank and cam bearings
after it knocks or backfires enough times. diesels love it.

aa1911 12-01-2009 10:20 AM

alcohol injection is perfectly safe for gas engines and no other mods are necessary; been running Devil's Own systems in both my 00 Tacoma and 93 4runner with nothing but praise for it. I usually run mostly meth with about 20 percent dH2O but 50/50 is the recommended for safety reasons.
The water actually reduces your chance of detonations and is an excellent choice especially for forced inductioin but adds about 15 percent HP gains in addition to about 25 percent increase in fuel economy. for the money, meth hook ups are the cheapest way to increase overall efficiency and performance. (I feel like I should work for Devil's Own, I've been nothing but pleased with their kits)

I guess to get back onto the subject of this thread, run a 50/50 mix and your engine will stay much cleaner from the dH2O along with a lot of extra ponies under the hood! Also, the difference in fuel economy MORE than pays for the cost of methanol ($4.99/gal)

81yotalove 12-01-2009 10:45 AM

My dd is a 04 vw tdi and I've looked into the devil own kit, I would like it but can't afford right now. Another reason the tdi guys like them they kept the intake clean from the egr and soot diesels produce.

dusty98 12-01-2009 11:39 AM

Do you mean like a MotorVac, where they hook up the engine to a machine and it runs chemicals through it to clean it? Supposedly the computer runs the engine and cleans it all out. I've never tried it, but it was like $150.

hross14 12-01-2009 02:28 PM

HUH?? I cant think of a chemical or system that does this. I know there are some pretty good injector cleaner regimines but polish the inside of the motor and such?? Huh.

also--water injection/meth injection causes higher hydrocarbons unless the motor has the compression to run it. It really only becomes effective for GAS motors when they are blown. I wouldnt put it on my NA motor--Remember water doesnt burn and increases the octane rating--i.e. making it harder to spark the mixture and effectively increasing its know resistance. Just saying--Diesels---well they are different