Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Looking for insight - Engine issues after a roll over. purchased wrecked

Old 07-11-2013, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for insight - Engine issues after a roll over. purchased wrecked

1997 4runner v6 automatic

alright guys so long story made short and sweet is i went to the auctions and scored myself a pretty sweet wreck of a 4 runner the poor dog had been rolled about 3-4 times and obviously sat upside down for a period of time due to the half a quart of oil i pumped out of the top side of the pistons after getting her home. 100 dollar gambles have paid off in the past!

its a v6 i have her stripped down for the most part looking to turn her into a buggy rig if i can ever get this thing running. i got her home and she was hydro locked fixed that. engine turns over nice no clanking or screeching or sticky spots when hand cranked. the problem im running into at the moment is i cant seem to get fuel to the combustion chamber. is there some kind of interia fuel cutoff switch some where on these rigs which would of been triggered when it was rolled?

what i have checked

when turning the key to the on position no sound (noticeable humming) from the gas tank port. the EFI relay is good closes with audible click when fed 12v. there is gas in the tank and i have checked and replaced the fuel filter. have not yet had time to pull the fuel pump (also how do i get at the fuel pump do i need to drop the tank or is there a way to get at it from inside the cab a port or something?) to see if it could be bad or possibly just not getting power (but with the relay being good i don't see why it wouldn't be!)

thanks for any and all help guys i just got this thing home and only have a limited amount of time to wrench on it so anything to help me keep my forehead away from the smack smack of the wall would be much appreciated!!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if there is a cutoff it is at the pump on or near the tank