YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Locating 96 4runner MAP Sensor (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/locating-96-4runner-map-sensor-149341/)

camericeye 07-12-2008 08:40 PM

Locating 96 4runner MAP Sensor

Hello,

I'm trying to locate the MAP sensor for my 96 4runner. I think I've found it but it wouldn't hurt to double check.

I've been working on one of those DIY HHO generators and everything is working. The problem is that the ECU is trying to compensate for the altered fuel and exhaust conditions by increasing the fuel to air ratio. If I can augment the voltage the MAP sensor is sending to the ECU I think I can iron out the problems. (I realize that this probably isn't the most smog-legal solution to the problem but I'm willing to live with the consequences.)

toytech76 07-13-2008 04:52 AM

They dont have MAP sensors. It does have a MAF sensor tho

BigBallsMcFalls 07-13-2008 06:21 AM

save yourself the trouble

camericeye 07-13-2008 02:30 PM

Ok, the MAF sensor is easy to locate. Thanks for the clarification.

BigBallsMcFalls 07-14-2008 10:56 AM

what you're trying to do violates a few laws of physics. In reality, it has to take more energy to split water molecules than you get back by doing it. When you hear car companies talk about making cars that run on hydrogen, they're talking about using enormous amounts of electricity from power plants to produce the hydrogen. In other words, to do what HHO web sites claim, you'd need a car battery so powerful that you could just run your whole car off it.

2000V-3000Volts and up to 900Amps if you use deionized water to begin with. that is serious electrical power to create enough hydrogen to make any appreciable difference.

so ?? how you can add a small brown gas generator to the car, and get better gas mileage, are the settings you
end up manipulating, will make the engine run lean, and yes you will think wow it's the HHO, but in reality the engine is frying itself and eventually you will blow your motor up because it was running too lean and too hot. stuff will break. stuff will melt.

have fun. don't forget to have the air molecules in your tires realigned, that will increase mpg. I sell magnets that will do that for you if interested.

jamima 07-21-2008 04:22 PM

Ya I thought the same thing b b mcfalls. But I installed a cylinder head temperature gage that hooks to the under side of you spark plug. HHO dose the opposite. I runs my engine 8.5 degrees cooler. turn it off and it go back up. So in tail you have one in your Toyota maybe pipe down a notch eh.

BigBallsMcFalls 07-21-2008 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by jamima (Post 50879409)
Ya I thought the same thing b b mcfalls. But I installed a cylinder head temperature gage that hooks to the under side of you spark plug. HHO dose the opposite. I runs my engine 8.5 degrees cooler. turn it off and it go back up. So in tail you have one in your Toyota maybe pipe down a notch eh.

orly ? post up your actual numbers and ecu output

FYI

if that is the case, and the engine is running cooler than normal straight gasoline, it means you are losing power.

jamima 07-21-2008 06:07 PM

according to my 4 miles to the gallon increase. And my vacuum gage i installed I have not lost any power. Besides do you realy think each car manufacture has their cars tuned to the peak performance? have you ever heard of water injection proven to give you more power.