YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Lo-Tek A-Pillar Cover --- no cover (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/lo-tek-pillar-cover-no-cover-26690/)

ManyMods 02-14-2004 10:55 AM

Lo-Tek A-Pillar Cover --- no cover

On my 2002 4Runner, I am in the process of doing the preliminary installation for my trans temp gauge. I have the trans temp gauge ($42.00), temp manifold block ($36.00), and my 2 fluid couplers are on order from Europe ($60.00). I removed my boost gauge and pod from the OEM A-Pillar cover and laid the Lo-Tek cover in place over the OEM trim cover and it does not fit ... not even close. The bottom fits fine along side the dash and up against the windshield at the bottom corner, but the top part doesn't fit at all. It is very rounded and there is at least a 1" gap between the Lo-Tek cover and the OEM cover. Has anyone else had this problem? :wth:

pfdaxe 02-14-2004 11:45 AM

Are you sure you didn't get one for a Taco? They are "rounder". Mine fit perfect...

ManyMods 02-14-2004 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by pfdaxe
Are you sure you didn't get one for a Taco? They are "rounder". Mine fit perfect...

Thanks for your response.
I do not know. Please tell me if your installation was an overlay of your OEM cover or did you have to cut the OEM cover at the top of the A-pillar and overlap it with the Lo-Tek cover? The Lo-Tek description is all inclusive ...

Item Name: 2001 - 2002 Toyota Tacoma/4-Runner/Tacoma Double Full pillar
* Color: Oak
Item #: ZCX4383
Unit Price: $62.98

I really hope there is a solution to this because I am rather deeply invested at this moment, even though it is not a huge amount of money it would be a shame.

ManyMods 02-14-2004 12:28 PM

Picture of the A-pillar cover I have (1 of 2)

With this new format I hope I can get these pics attached

ManyMods 02-14-2004 12:52 PM

Okay, I don't get it. If I am reading correctly, I have to delete every jpeg attachment I have made to date. Is this something new?

pfdaxe 02-14-2004 01:46 PM

Mods:

Mine fit right over top my OEM cover. I can't understand why their description states Tacoma/4 Runner together when they have 2 different A-pillars. When I bought mine last year, they had 1 for a Tacoma and 1 for a 4 Runner. Same goes for the TRD gauge pods...2 different part numbers.

Here's a pic of mine if you haven't viewed it yet:

http://groups.msn.com/2000SR5ToyotaT...oto&PhotoID=85

ManyMods 02-14-2004 02:18 PM

Yeah, I saw it and I was trying to send some pics of the top of the one I have but there is a glitch in the new update according to Corey that is not allowing for jpeg attachments. I am convinced after seeing yours that I have the wrong part, and I have got to tell you that is a great relief to me. Thanks

3.4v6 02-14-2004 03:54 PM

my friend with a WRX had the same problem ... untill we figured out that when you take out the OEM pillar and replace it with teh Lo-tek one... its fits nicely. we just drilled the pod into the plastic clips behind it.

ManyMods 02-14-2004 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by 3.4v6
my friend with a WRX had the same problem ... untill we figured out that when you take out the OEM pillar and replace it with teh Lo-tek one... its fits nicely. we just drilled the pod into the plastic clips behind it.

I am not sure what you are saying. I have installed these covers with and without the OEM cover underneith. In this case, I cannot see removing the cover because of the fact that the trim goes across the top along the headliner. I just have the wrong part according to what I saw on pfdaxe's picture.

pfdaxe 02-14-2004 04:29 PM

Mods:

Your exactly correct. The OEM does go all the way along the top of the door so you have to use it and just cover the OEM one. They just sent you a Taco one. You may want to inform them that the 2 are different so this doesn't keep happening to others.

ManyMods 02-14-2004 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by pfdaxe
Mods:

Your exactly correct. The OEM does go all the way along the top of the door so you have to use it and just cover the OEM one. They just sent you a Taco one. You may want to inform them that the 2 are different so this doesn't keep happening to others.

I just emailed them to let them know about the confusion and the reason for their error. Thank you.

Gadget 02-14-2004 06:52 PM

I have the very first 4Runner Lo-Tec dual pod ever made.

I also happen to have one still in the box never installed in Oak if you are looking for one. That would be the second one they made. The third is on my other 4Runner.

You could send yours back for a refund and get the one I have handy ready for mailing to you on Tuesday.

Gadget

ManyMods 02-14-2004 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Gadget
I have the very first 4Runner Lo-Tec dual pod ever made.

I also happen to have one still in the box never installed in Oak if you are looking for one. That would be the second one they made. The third is on my other 4Runner.

You could send yours back for a refund and get the one I have handy ready for mailing to you on Tuesday.

Gadget

Thanks, I will see what they want to do.

Gadget 02-14-2004 07:00 PM

When you speak to them ask them if they are still sending Ron Sherosky his cut of each pod sold.

Gadget

ManyMods 02-14-2004 07:06 PM

When you speak to them ask them if they are still sending Ron Sherosky his cut of each pod sold.

Gadget

I mentioned his name when I ordered my cover. Will do.

ManyMods 02-24-2004 12:45 PM

Ya gotta love this hobby of ours ... everyday, another stupid thing happens. I finally got the replacement part from Lo-Tek, a company that has been in business for about 10 years and founded by a guy who works for IBM :hillbill: Well, the part is correct from what I can see, BUT the frickin' thing is painted CHOCOLATE BROWN, not OAK. :bang:

Gadget 02-24-2004 01:13 PM

Do you want one in OAK?

I got two sitting here, the first two ever made and never installed, or do you want to beat your head some more???

Gadget

rwmorrisonjr 02-24-2004 01:19 PM

Do you want one in OAK?

I got two sitting here, the first two ever made and never installed, or do you want to beat your head some more???

Gadget

Gadget, I'm looking for one in Oak as well, how much do you want for one of the two you have?

Gadget 02-24-2004 01:25 PM

$54 shipped...

Gadget

rwmorrisonjr 02-24-2004 01:38 PM

Gadget, you have mail.