YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   I'm commiting suicide ... :( (sway bar problems) (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/im-commiting-suicide-sway-bar-problems-80679/)

BajaRunner 03-09-2006 07:14 PM

I'm commiting suicide ... :( (sway bar problems)

Im driving w/o front or rear swaybars. Its scary.

So my front swaybar end-link mount ...the one that has the bushing and holds the sway bar to the frame snapped in half. So I had to take the front swaybar out. In the process of taking the greased endlink from my lower A-arm, I broke the seal and now I need a new one. Where do I get a new one!?

yotarunner96 03-09-2006 07:21 PM

dealership, i had to get one from there. i think they charged between $40-50.

BajaRunner 03-09-2006 08:31 PM

gar... so much friggin money. Maybe I'll just buy some quick disco's from Wabbit.

shazaam 03-09-2006 08:37 PM

I still don't have my front sway bar connected .. just don't jam the brakes hard .. it's not that bad

Tacoma Dude 03-10-2006 04:46 PM

Neither do I ;)

BajaRunner 03-10-2006 06:09 PM

Yeah, its not too bad... Just that I have 8" of lift and I feel like Im going to flop on turns going 10 mph.... :hillbill:

birfieldbuster 03-14-2006 07:25 PM

:hillbill: whats a swaybar?

d0ubledown 03-14-2006 07:38 PM

yikes. with 8" of lift without sways..i'd be a lil skeered rounding corners too. speaking of sans swaybars...does it make a noticable difference in articulation? i read that on an ifs rig, d/c'd swarbars dont make much of a difference. is there anything to be gained up front? how about in the rear? i need more travel up front...maybe some disco's will help...

Robinhood150 03-14-2006 07:54 PM

Change the title for you. Normally somebody would have just deleted the thread for being vague. :)

Icehawk 03-14-2006 07:55 PM

Sway barwhat is that. Is it that bar I toke out ofmy 4runner and selling. :hillbill: :hillbill: :hillbill:

Swaybar I do not need no sticking swaybar :D :D

Albuquerque Jim 03-14-2006 08:22 PM

I ran without a rear sway bar for about 6 months. The 2nd time I lifted my drivers front tire off of the ground while making a left hand turn through traffic I put it back on. Lifting a tire while on the street is scary stuff.

BajaRunner 03-14-2006 09:04 PM

Im starting to like it now w/o the either swaybars on ! haha.

Its definetly smoother over bumps and offroad! I think my truck did a little better w/o the front swaybar connected when I went to Hollister for the 2nd time.

Eeek..Yeah, I feel like my truck is just going to flop on its side one of these days on the street. That would suck.

mjwalfredo 03-15-2006 06:58 AM

From what I have read, it sounds like the extra articulation you get by removing the front sway bar is diminished by the fact that when the suspension has to droop that far, there is no weight on the tire. So even though it is making contact, there is not enough force to allow the tire to make any traction due to the design of IFS.

cubuff4runner 03-15-2006 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by mjwalfredo
From what I have read, it sounds like the extra articulation you get by removing the front sway bar is diminished by the fact that when the suspension has to droop that far, there is no weight on the tire. So even though it is making contact, there is not enough force to allow the tire to make any traction due to the design of IFS.

:think: Your sway bar is going to keep the tire which wants to be lower, higher giving that tire less traction. So if your passenger tire is on a rock and your driver side is in a hole, with the sway bar mounted, the driver side probably won't be in the hole it will be in the air. With the sway bar disconnected the tire is allowed to drop down where it naturally wants to go. You will not get 100% of the weight on the driver tire, but it will get a whole lot more traction then it wil in the air spinning.

snap-on 03-15-2006 08:25 AM

I pulled the sway bar on mine a couple of years ago after i bashed hard on a rock and bent the snot out of it were it was causing problems binding on the hard breakline on th wheel.

So i pulled it out, links and all and its been hanging on the wall sence. Havnt noticed a single diffrance but im not sporting a lift kit soooooo..

mtnmuse 03-15-2006 09:25 AM

SC4Runner, if you're looking for a set of disco's, I have a set from Lars that's hardly used.