YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Flowmaster 40 series? (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/flowmaster-40-series-47756/)

MorphiasX 12-23-2004 10:01 AM

Flowmaster 40 series?

I got my new exhaust yesterday, a catback with a flowmaster deltaflow 50 series. After driving it for a day, i LOVE the deep throaty growl of it when you are taking off from a stop, but its not enough. You cant hear it after you take off from a stop, and it leaves me wanting more. Would i be better off going with the 40 series? I dont want it REALLY loud, but enough to hear it good.

OMINOUS_87 12-23-2004 11:20 AM

Ever looked into a Spintech product?

Killer sounding product, killer flow.

No drone while cruising, gotta love it.

I am not a Flowmaster fan myself personally, all my experience though is with drag racing Chevy Smallblocks. Just getting into this Toyaota world and off road thing.

YotaTruck1986 12-23-2004 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by MorphiasX
I got my new exhaust yesterday, a catback with a flowmaster deltaflow 50 series. After driving it for a day, i LOVE the deep throaty growl of it when you are taking off from a stop, but its not enough. You cant hear it after you take off from a stop, and it leaves me wanting more. Would i be better off going with the 40 series? I dont want it REALLY loud, but enough to hear it good.

I have a 40 series on my 4 banger. Sounds really good. Quiet when cruising, but nice and throaty at WOT.

jimbo74 12-23-2004 12:10 PM

i have a 40 non delta, its loud. but i love it

4RunnerKid 12-23-2004 12:48 PM

I also have a 40 on my Runner. I think it sounds great. I'm planning on losing the tailpipe on it, because it's really not as loud as I'd like. That's just me though... :devil:

jimbo74 12-23-2004 12:59 PM

4runnerkid, its illegal to do that on your truck, it wont pass a visual inspection per dot code and will fail emissions due to this

4RunnerKid 12-23-2004 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by jimabena74
4runnerkid, its illegal to do that on your truck, it wont pass a visual inspection per dot code and will fail emissions due to this

As long as I can find a place to smog it I'll be fine. I know toms of people running turndowns right after the muffler and they've never had any problems with it.

jimbo74 12-23-2004 10:34 PM

i have a turndown right after my muffler, however my truck is a pickup so it is legal.

the part where dot is concerned is that it the exhuast must exit at or behind the rear axle on a passenger car and at or behind the cabin of a pickup truck

and as far as a 4runner is concerned, its a passenger vehicle

4RunnerKid 12-24-2004 01:04 AM

Hmm... interesting... Thanks for the insight. I might have to rethink this. Maybe I'll have it dump right after the rear axle... Who knows.

MorphiasX 12-24-2004 09:47 PM

I will take some pics and get them up soon... I ended up having the original 40 series put on, and i love it... Its just the sound i wanted. And because the muffler is right infront of the rear axle, they didnt dump it right after the muffler because it would be pouring hot exhaust right onto the axle... So they ran it right over the axle and dumped it down between the spare tire and leaf spring (not close enough to either to harm either) and its tucked in there niclely, so i wont munch it on the trail...