YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Few Pics (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/few-pics-85602/)

MolokaiRider 05-09-2006 02:53 PM

Few Pics

3 Attachment(s)
Sup, thought I'd post a few pics of my Runner and buds trucks. Maybe...

Mahalos.

Jimmeh 05-09-2006 02:55 PM

They look pretty nice. Too bad he is wasting his tires on that black Taco though...

MolokaiRider 05-09-2006 03:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
You'll like these too

914runner 05-09-2006 04:20 PM

You guys in Hawaii really like your trucks BIG.

northfacer581 05-10-2006 01:32 PM

yea trucks big, tires not so, but wide.

interesting pics nonetheless.

MolokaiRider 05-10-2006 01:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah, I am considering lifting my 4runner too, but not too high. The more I read about Sonoran Steel, the more I like it. About two to three inches is all I want, I don't plan on crawling too much anyway. The taller rigs do come in handy here, as we have lots of rocks, and the wide tires help when blasting on the sand. Here is an example:

Jimmeh 05-10-2006 01:46 PM

I wouldn't mind going to some sand dunes some day. Like I said before, nice looking rigs. And Welcome to the board.

northfacer581 05-10-2006 02:04 PM

didnt even think about it, makes sense now.

yea if you wana go the right way in terms of lifting, go with sonoran steel's package of the tundra/ome setup. its the best way to lift a 3rd gen. ask anyone who is running this setup, who has had other setups, which they prefer. from what ive read (i dont have this setup), the tundra/ome wins hands down.

MolokaiRider 05-10-2006 02:12 PM

yeah, doing the searches shows a lot of positive remarks. Thanks for the welcome also. I haven't had a lot of time to play around on this site since I joined, but I'm starting to notice some of the regulars now.

I should be getting one of my yearly bonus checks soon, I think I might slap that check on the Runner instead of my Bronco and make it proper looking.

Thanks again... :great:

FORANA 05-11-2006 11:51 AM

Hey molokairider, good to see fellow hawaii people on here! Cool. Nice trucks!

MolokaiRider 05-11-2006 01:25 PM

Aloha Bradda! Yep, Yotas are the top choice here for grounding, pounding, and pimping. Talk to anyone here and they'll tell ya..."Brah, Toyota's are da kine!"

Im still amazed at the abuse the IFS can take, but solid axle swaps are becoming more and more common. Too bad it costs so much more to get parts here...

JHupp 05-11-2006 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by MolokaiRider
Yep, Yotas are the top choice here for grounding, pounding, and pimping.

don't know about pimpin' but grounding and punding sounds good. As for Sonoran Steel, they are hands down one of the best 4Runner sites. Steve is porbably one of the most helpful guys I have ever talked to concerning my truck, extremely knowledgable. If they offered their lifts when I did mine I would have definately bought one. Porbably the best bet if you are not looking to go super high. You can always add a body lift later if you want to squeeze a couple more inches. Cool trucks too. Good luck with your 4R.

Hawaiian4R 05-12-2006 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by FORANA
Hey molokairider, good to see fellow hawaii people on here! Cool. Nice trucks!

Howzit brah! Just like FORANA said, good to see Hawaii guys on da forum.

curly_c 05-16-2006 07:36 AM

that white 4door taco is a fairly odd looking truck. those tires are so wide. why not put taller tires on it. it will look better

MolokaiRider 05-17-2006 01:14 PM

He may in the future, but with the wide tires and supercharger, the truck floats on soft sand like a dream. We also like the wider tires to help keep the rocks away from body panels during off-camber driving. Not too mention that is kinda the fad around here anyway.

I wish they still made the Tacos small.