YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Coming soon.... my lift! (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/coming-soon-my-lift-11001/)

va97runner 05-19-2003 08:34 PM

Coming soon.... my lift!

So after reading almost every post on lifts and such, I've begun to gather the components of my lift. Here's what I'm planning:

Cornfed 2.5" spacers in the front. I'm only a few minutes from this guy and I hope we can arrange a personal sale.

Front stock springs from a 2001 4wd, purchased from White SR5 here on the boards.

And from Mike at Xtreme Off-Road, the Downey 3.5" rear spring kit and Bilsteins all around.

Yes, it's a 2wd, but I like the lifted look, and it won't exactly by incapable of anything. I'm looking at a set of 32x11.5 Deuler AT's and will probably grab some Mickey Thompson Classic II's if I can find them locally.

I'm going to plan the install for a full weekend and will install myself with the assistance of my mechanically inclined father and friends. Pictures will follow and I hope everything turns out OK with no surprises.

If you have any suggestions or comments I would like to hear them. Thanks

AznSky 05-19-2003 09:44 PM

Humm...good luck? Hah I wish I could do a lift myself, I'd have no clue where to start!! Have fun, and lotsa pics!!:D

Nitro Hotpants 05-19-2003 10:12 PM

no problem with lifting a 2WD, a few of us here have 2WDs lifted, still pretty darn fun!:D :bigok:

-Casey

Ric 05-20-2003 05:40 AM

good luck, send pics if ya can

beachtaco 05-20-2003 06:08 AM

if you need any help, just yell out. i'm down at the beach. my suggestion, since you getting cornfed's spacers, coils, and bilsteins seperately, then take all the front stuff over to his house and have him set up for you. having air tools makes compressing the coils alot quicker. then at your place, it should be a breeze.

since you're local, we're have a cookout over at sandbridge the first weekend in june. check out the VA Talk for more information.

Stump1883 05-20-2003 06:41 AM

Right on abut the lifted 2WD thing. I'm right there with ya, no one even knows I'm 2WD unless the lookng for my CVor lack there of). But I'm right there with ya, a lifted stance is HOTT and if it make you happy go for it. You will have the exact same set-up as me(I even got some 4WD front coils from a 2001 here on the bored) go firgure, let us know about your reactions after the processes. Only problem now is that with the lift Ipussh my 2WD harder than ever trying to be 4WD and so now I have a MAJOR case of 4WD envy, which I am tryin to fix this summer, goodluck and take lots of pictures.

White SR5 05-20-2003 06:51 AM

My old ones

I hope my old springs serve you well my friend! :bigok:

Zach

va97runner 05-20-2003 09:03 AM

beachtaco, it's good to know that there's people that can help if I totally screw something up.

Now I ust have to wait for the stuff to get here.

beachtaco 05-20-2003 10:02 AM

i hate the waiting game...

va97runner 05-20-2003 10:24 AM

Beach, does Cornfed usually answer his emails? I emailed him a couple days ago about picking up some spacers from him but he hasn't responded....