YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   bushwacker extend-a-fender (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/bushwacker-extend-fender-23974/)

shiftMX 01-06-2004 07:38 PM

bushwacker extend-a-fender

i was wondering if anyone who has the bushwacker extend a fender flares on their 3rd gen 4runner could post a pic. i want some limited flares but i now know it isn't possible. do the bushwackers look exactly like limited flares? if i decide to get these i will have my set of sr5 flares with factory mudguards up for sale.

Andrey 01-06-2004 08:23 PM

I'll be intesterested in your set of fender flares if you'll decide to sell them.

--Andrey

Corey 01-06-2004 09:26 PM

There is a 3rd gen with them on it, and it was just posted last week.

Try a search Wed. morning after our database has been fully restored, and you can find the post.

I will say they look very good on the rig, but I can't remember who's rig it was.

Jonathan 01-06-2004 10:25 PM

That was my truck, here are some pics:
http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/htt...7MMBXzL_ph.jpg

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/htt...3LGqSqk_ph.jpg

Jonathan 01-06-2004 10:37 PM

They look really good if you ask me, but you will need to buy some gasket material to go between them and the body of the truck so they won't rub on the body once you get them on. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Jonathan 01-07-2004 05:34 AM

Looks like Webshots is down right now, check for pics a little later.

SLC Punk 01-07-2004 06:02 AM

Jonathan: Is that a smittybilt bull bar? I thought they only made it for the 99+ models?

Jonathan 01-07-2004 06:05 AM

No it's a WAAG guard, but they don't make them anymore from what I've heard.

P.S. are my pics working because they aren't working for me:dunno:

SLC Punk 01-07-2004 06:21 AM

Originally posted by Jonathan
No it's a WAAG guard, but they don't make them anymore from what I've heard.

P.S. are my pics working because they aren't working for me:dunno:

That sucks, I wanted one. :(

I was able to look at your pics on webshots

Jonathan 01-07-2004 06:24 AM

Originally posted by SLC Punk
That sucks, I wanted one. :(

I was able to look at your pics on webshots

Hummm... I don't know why my pics aren't showing up, they worked yesterday:dunno: Oh well if you want to see the pics go to my Webshots account i guess.

Yeah Travis that does suck, but don't quote me on that, they may still make them but I highly doubt it.

gn86r 01-07-2004 07:45 AM

im thinking about doing the same, the bushwackers look exactly like the fender flares that came on the 00-02 4runner sr-5 without the limited body panels. the best price ive seen so far was 365.00, has anyone seen it cheaper?

waskillywabbit 01-07-2004 07:55 AM

Tire size?

Originally posted by Jonathan
They look really good if you ask me, but you will need to buy some gasket material to go between them and the body of the truck so they won't rub on the body once you get them on. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
I know what type of tire you have, just wondering the size and if you have any rubbing with those bushwackers with your lift. I took my fender flares off and I just don't see how I can get any back on without rubbing like crazy with 285s, even with my lift.

:guitar:

Jonathan 01-07-2004 10:01 AM

They're 285's with the SAW's in front and I have only minimal rubbing at full turn and full articualtion, absolutley no rubbing during daily driving.

Mad Chemist 01-07-2004 11:18 AM

Brian,

Where are you getting the rubbing? On the mudflap portion? I still get rubbing myself with my NAPA mudflaps only. I've taken a BFH to the pinch weld so I don't have problems there anymore.

waskillywabbit 01-07-2004 11:24 AM

Rubbing

Originally posted by Mad Chemist
Brian,

Where are you getting the rubbing? On the mudflap portion? I still get rubbing myself with my NAPA mudflaps only. I've taken a BFH to the pinch weld so I don't have problems there anymore.

David,

I still get some minor rubbing on a full turn at the spot where the fender well lining sticks out in front of where the pinch weld USED TO stick out, but I beat the crap out of it with a hammer, so it is pretty flat. All that is rubbing is the fender well lining, sounds like a 4Runner :fart: when it does it. I am hoping the additional lift of the OME will get the full tire diameter off that spot and thus rub less or not at all, thus my question to Jonathan earlier. Just have to wait and see I guess.

:guitar:

Mad Chemist 01-07-2004 11:30 AM

I hear ya. I've been leary about jacking up my SAWS any more- I'd rather deal with a little rubbing than get my CV's worn out too fast.

Sorry for the thread Hijack!

Jonathan 01-07-2004 01:02 PM

I've never rubbed on my pinch weld, I've always rubbed on the front fender flare (or the front valence before I put the Limited style flares on). I've actually never even beaten in my pinch weld at all. I guess it just goes to show that every truck is different.:dunno:

Mad Chemist 01-07-2004 02:23 PM

You do have ATS arms though, which will change the stance a bit from those of us with the shorter stock A-arms.

Jonathan 01-07-2004 03:39 PM

Originally posted by Mad Chemist
You do have ATS arms though, which will change the stance a bit from those of us with the shorter stock A-arms.
That is true, kinda forgot about that.

Sass69 01-07-2004 04:53 PM

Fender Flares

Hey Jon, I checked out your webshots page.... NICE truck bud! I have a couple of questions for you.

1) Did you have the BW fender flares painted when you did the truck or is that the original colour of the flares from BW?

2) Did you have the bumpers and grille painted as well?

3) How high is the lift in your rig?

I so want a Black 4runner... even thought mine is nice too!!! Wanna sell yours?

:nopity: