Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

97 4runner passenger rear window rolls down on its own?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 4runner passenger rear window rolls down on its own?

I saw a topic on this before and for the life of me cant find it with the search feature.

ok so the wife told me the other day that she went out to her runner to go to work and the rear passenger side window was down. i said she probably somehow bumped it and didnt realize it, and just left it at that. then this morning we took it to the store and when we came out the rear passenger window was down?? i know that we definately didnt put it down before we went in the store. has anyone had this issue on there 3rd gen? i am looking for any guidance as to what to test. we are leaving town friday with it and heading to baltimore. i would really like to try to get this fixed before we head out of town.

any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated

Jason
Old 02-23-2009, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep! It does happen, well mine doesn't any more. The key fob remote has a rear window button on it. The button gets pushed while in your pocket. You have a choice of two fixes for it. One- don't let anything get near the button. Second- open the remote, cut the switch out under the button, close the remote. (this is how I fixed mine)
Old 02-23-2009, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Gerdo
Yep! It does happen, well mine doesn't any more. The key fob remote has a rear window button on it. The button gets pushed while in your pocket. You have a choice of two fixes for it. One- don't let anything get near the button. Second- open the remote, cut the switch out under the button, close the remote. (this is how I fixed mine)
we dont have any factory key fobs. its not the rear window on the lift gate, its the rear passenger side window. but i never knew you could roll down the rear gate window with the factory fob. i will have to see if i can tie my aftermarket alarm in with that.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I missed that all important word "passenger". My bad.

In that case, I have no idea!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Gerdo
I missed that all important word "passenger". My bad.

In that case, I have no idea!

it happens, i know i have done it more than once, lol. i still appreciate the input and willingness to help

thanks

jason
Old 02-23-2009, 11:22 PM

My (2001) RR window went part way down like magic when I parked about a week ago. Wife said...'you must have bumped it'
I know I did'nt ......
I also know the driver door/armrest switch panel often gets wet when lowered in the rain because there is no roof gutter per se. I may pull the panel and spray the switch contacts.....