Jtgumy 88 4Runner slow build and picture thread - Page 2 - YotaTech Forums



86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Jtgumy 88 4Runner slow build and picture thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2017, 05:04 PM   #21
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Jtgumy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down south Louisiana
Posts: 15
Went take a cruise on the beach yesterday so snapped a few pictures...









And today turned 350,000 miles....

Jtgumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:55 PM   #22
Registered User
 
mholme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtgumy View Post
And today turned 350,000 miles....

That's damn impressive. Any idea if that's the original engine? My 1988 has 289,000 and is on its second engine. At least.
mholme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 03:32 PM   #23
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Jtgumy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down south Louisiana
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mholme View Post
That's damn impressive. Any idea if that's the original engine? My 1988 has 289,000 and is on its second engine. At least.
As for as I know i believe its the original motor.
Jtgumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 04:49 PM   #24
Registered User
 
Heironymous Josch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mholme View Post
Nice looking truck you have there. Did you remove any of the suspension/axle components before paint? I need to do that too.

Where are you in Louisiana? I'm from Mississippi originally (born on Keesler AFB) and spent time in Baton Rouge and Kenner. My folks still have a house in Kenner.
I recently moved to New Orleans and I went to tech school at Keesler when I was a young buck! We oughta pull together a small regional shindig or something. I came to LA from Denver which is a yota mecca and I've yet to meet anyone round these parts.
Heironymous Josch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:09 PM   #25
Registered User
 
Charchee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 891
Great looking truck man! I love to see them hit that 300K mark. These newer American trucks are parted out or in the crusher by that point. Only domestic trucks getting that kind of mileage are old Dodge trucks with Cummins motors, and they're just junk getting pushed around by a solid motor by that point.

I've got a 3.4L engine just sitting here in my shop ready to be swapped in to mine but I can't seem to pull the trigger. My old 3VZE still cranks up and runs better than the 5VZ in my 02 with only 140K on it. I'm one of the few big fans of the old 3.0.
Charchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:16 PM   #26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Couer D Alene Idaho
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtgumy View Post
Went take a cruise on the beach yesterday so snapped a few pictures...









And today turned 350,000 miles....


I like that soft top. Did you buy it or make it.? I was thinking about trying to make one that similar length for summer because they are so damn exspensive.
88mtnrunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:37 PM   #27
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Jtgumy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Down south Louisiana
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heironymous Josch View Post
I recently moved to New Orleans and I went to tech school at Keesler when I was a young buck! We oughta pull together a small regional shindig or something. I came to LA from Denver which is a yota mecca and I've yet to meet anyone round these parts.
Nice.. Im down for meeting up somewhere one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchee View Post
Great looking truck man! I love to see them hit that 300K mark. These newer American trucks are parted out or in the crusher by that point. Only domestic trucks getting that kind of mileage are old Dodge trucks with Cummins motors, and they're just junk getting pushed around by a solid motor by that point.

I've got a 3.4L engine just sitting here in my shop ready to be swapped in to mine but I can't seem to pull the trigger. My old 3VZE still cranks up and runs better than the 5VZ in my 02 with only 140K on it. I'm one of the few big fans of the old 3.0.
Thanks man! yea same here i like the 3.0 but some day i will do the 3.4 swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88mtnrunner View Post
I like that soft top. Did you buy it or make it.? I was thinking about trying to make one that similar length for summer because they are so damn exspensive.
Got the top from Killer Toy Tops... worth the money.
Jtgumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:26 PM.


2017 InternetBrands, Inc.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: