YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f199/)
-   -   bigt's 1987 Pickup Build-Up Thread (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f199/bigts-1987-pickup-build-up-thread-149811/)

bigt 07-19-2008 05:42 PM

yeah those are those cheap lambo unique whip type crap... the mercedes has the real deal... on a 4wd crawlica that would be amazing... i would want that hydrolic suspension like that one toyota video on you tube!!!!!

so now that i have derailed this thread..

tommorow i might go clean up that mud wash off all the oil and crap and bring a few toools and a new battery...

more pics to follllow!!!

im so looking forward to working on this the fuel pump is not in the tank... the lines are simple the engine layout is alot simpler than my 22res...

i read over the ontario saftey check list... and this truck shouldnt need too much that i cant pull off the other trucks...other than that a few fenders and few weeks wrenchin will tell...

abecedarian 07-19-2008 05:46 PM

fine... gullwing the truck...
bwah hah hah hah hah aha....

good luck. ;)

bigt 07-19-2008 05:50 PM

my mind is going crazy thinking about 3 trucks....its like a strobe light cant concentrate on anyone thing for too long....

gulwings would only be cool if they were functional.. if my 22res could go that fast!

abecedarian 07-19-2008 05:53 PM

okay... how about suicide doors on the truck?
it'd make it easy to open the door and see what line your front wheel was taking over the rocks...

bigt 07-19-2008 05:59 PM

or those doors like that lincoln that go under the truck that would rule.. you could see everythng

just a 22re 07-19-2008 09:21 PM

ah i see this is your new thread here ok um yeah one problem on your new ride

as far as i know 22r's didn't come with power steering

and there is a sleep button for me abe but i don't think you wanna press it just ask my wife she knows

bigt 07-20-2008 04:57 AM

well if thats true then it would mean i wouldnt need power steering for a safety if it didnt come it!!!
thatas good news...
did they add power steering?? you can see a few pics of the setup.... if i make it back down there i can take more pics

bigt 07-20-2008 06:08 AM

UPDATE this is the email i got from the guy who put the engine in then sold it to the guy im getting it from!
and i quote!

it ran like a top but the carb was ! and i think it had a vac. leak that i ran out of time to find!. i was told the motor was rebuilt not long before the runner it came out of was parked, true or not? beats me! but it ran great in the runner- but the original carb was fubar had to continuously dump fuel down it to keep running cause all the seals were dried and the fuel pump would push the fuel out before the carb, put another carb on from another 22r b ut it had sat outside for a bit and was full of water( the old motor had a hole in the block the size of a hard ball lol) so the new carb would not allow it to idle down! and last but not least pretty sure if had a bad ground cause starting it was bitch it was drawing to much current!

as for power steering, yes 22r came with it, yes it was a different set up than yours i am pretty sure you will need your pump and bracket any other questions let me know