86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

BigSwole's 90 4x4 Ext. Cab Pickup Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've always wantd a 383 but I dnt wana overkill my toyota. A 350 would be nice but I think that would be overkill and I like the idea of a lexus motor in a toy. Its different. It would be unique to my parts
Old 10-20-2010, 04:11 PM

You sir, have more self control than i do... I tend to try and overkill everything I do. I'll still be watching, keep us posted!
Old 10-20-2010, 04:38 PM

I have shallower pockets that's all LOL.

I would scrap ths yota in a heartbeat for a el camino. My dream is to own a el camino w a 454 w a solid axle. Oh yeah.

Lol I thnk the 1uz is overkill to. But after owning a wickd 350 I have to have power when I touch the skinny pedal
Old 10-21-2010, 04:12 PM

Who woulda thunk just an initial sas would cost so much lol...

When u First look into u see the kit as only bein a lil over a grand and think heck yeah not to shabby. But then you get hit with the xtras lol.

I'm looking into trying to have the sas by Xmas if not shortly after. Then a motor swap.

Still keeping my eyes open as if hate to have a fresh sas and not be able to test it out...so I night just get the motor runnin b4 I upgrade it.

who knows

Last edited by BigSwole; 09-28-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:04 PM

Ok Well its been AWHILE since ive updated all of this and my ideas have changed hundreds of times already.

Shortly after that last post i was set on the 1UZ and a SAS. i sourced a 1UZ but after starting to make plans to pick it up the seller disapeered. (out of state) so i was on the search again. found another but the seller was being shady about the condition so i passed on it and after searching and searching i pretty much gave up.

I have had millions of things going on and havent had the time to update this thing lately at all. but here is where the truck came to since ive last updated this thing.

I painted it white, added a 3" Body lift to fit the 35's. Installed a rebuilt motor from a wrecked truck into it. Changed out the leaky downpipe to one that didnt leak...as bad.
I tore the bumper off to persuade me a little quicker to build my bumper.

I have a roll bar sitting at a friends house that i have to install. Drove an hour and a half away to pick it up and the seller lied to me about it fitting my truck. After i get home and get ready to install it i realize its all out of whack. Cut it apart and re-welded it. now i just need to repaint it and install it again.

I have to get my windshield fixed, its cracked and State Patrol just gave me a warning for it along with a seat belt ticket. but $ is running low at the moment. Been trying to find me a good duck boat. so all extra funds are going towards it.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:33 PM

Also, i have not 100% made up my mind about the SAS. Im still wanting to do it but its kinda halfway on the back burner. I figured i can fix everything correctly before getting deep into other projects.

I am still on the ledge about a 5spd swap. i have a complete parts truck that was running when i brought it home. and it has a 5spd. but the auto isnt really that bad with 4.56 gears.

I really love the ride of the 35's on there. the have a nice hum to them

the wife is liking the truck better so thats a good thing.

Im on the lookout for a header if anyone see's one on sale!

I did a sr5 cluster swap, and sure nuf my truck isnt prewired for the tach so ill try to fix that soon enough.

Last edited by BigSwole; 10-01-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:40 PM

Well I'm on the way to a buddys house now to take a look at some bucket seats. They were out of (I think) a ford taurus...idk been a good bit since I've seen that car.

Anyways if they look like they will fit decent I might get them.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:30 AM

Ok well didn't make it to test fit the seats. Wife called. Had to go grocery shopping then friends came over and we cooked supper.

was doing some thinking last night. I really like the look of the trail gear bumpers. But I have a body lift and they don't compensate for a body lift and I have a 3" one. I have a buddy who has s tube bender. And we were talking and I showed him the pictures. He's down for building it. So we will probably do a rear bumper, sliders, and a front bumper.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:58 AM

Ok so the seats are out of a chrysler sebring. Now I just gotta get our schedules to line up so I can go get them and see how I like them.

He told me all the hardware is there which is good becuase hopefully between the two I can make it all come together nice. Anyone ever used sebring seats before?
Old 09-18-2011, 04:20 PM

update time:

Since the last post I picked up the bucket seats but sho nuf them things are so far out of whack that I don't even feel like building a correct bracket for them. So I'm just gunna keep an eye open for a Sr5 with seats.

But I went ahead today and got off my rear and wired in my tach so it is working now. Which is awesome. Now I can tell what rpms I'm running.

Yesterday I had to change out my iacv because I manned up on the last one and broke it lol. (tightened it too much)

I still haven't gotten my roll bar painted or installed. I've been too busy and lazy on those other days.

What do yall think of the paint?
Old 09-28-2012, 04:49 AM

Been a while again.

Truck is running good and i have good brakes now. Changed out the rear shoes and rear wheel cylinders and had the drums turned.

Also installed a new master cylinder and brake booster.

Since the truck was braking good i decided that nowd the time to restore her.

Ordered a new bumper and valance, 2 new fenders, a hood, and a pacesetter header.

So while im waiting on those to come in, i get to look at these.

33x12.50x15 general grabber

15x10 pacer rims

I still need to order a grille, corner lights, tail lights and tailgate. Then the entire truck is getying sanded down and repainted.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:16 AM

Parts are trickling in..

Saturday my header arrived. Was out on my motorcycle enjoying the good weather when i got the email it had been delivered. Went by to find this on the door.

Of course i had to open it up, looks to be nice, probably going to install it and let it cook the paint off then remove it again to paint it. Might be easier than trying to sand it all down. But it looks good like it is..

Today at work, my bumper, and valence was delivered. Didnt unbox it all the way. Just removed some bubble wrap for the picture.

My 02 sensor came in friday, but im going to wait to install it when i install the header and have the new muffler installed.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:21 AM

This week should get good. Going to have 2 fenders and a hood come in. Dealership said the part i need (fuel tank sending unit) would be in thursday. Will probably install that sucker immediately because ive never had a gas gauge in the little over 2 years ive owned this truck.

My buddy has a lead on a parts truck which im crossing my fingers he fets, i need a new windshield, bumper brackets, and a few small other things so it would be niçe to add them to my new parts pile.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:51 AM

Your build is looking great! it definitely is coming along nicely. Good job on the paint too!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:11 AM

Thanks, it has come a long way but im taking it a step further.

Before the fenders and hood get put on, im pulling the windows, windshield all weather stripping and handles and getting all the dents taken care of and going to respray it with an actual auto paint and put as many coats of clear on i can afford to do. My goal is to have a nice bright super white paint job.

Im going to color match the valance as well.

Early teal and goose just ended so im trying to get as much done as possible before the season opener.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:48 PM

Passenger side fender has arrived, still waiting on the driver side and hood.

Get paid again tmr so ill order something else!

Here is the package, unboxed it to check it out and forgot to take a pic before i reboxed it.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:02 PM

I think tomorrow i might get my tires mounted, thursday ill be installing my fuel tank sending unit so my gauge will read and i can quit going by the mileage.

I will be doing the airsoft bbs. .25 grams which comes out to 904 bbs per tire which is 8oz.

Kinda nervous about doing it but its worth a shot.

Anyone ever done this, advice?
Old 10-03-2012, 05:43 AM

Got the other fender in today, so that means we are still waiting on the hood to arrive.

Here is some pictures,

How it arrived

Individually wrapped

And the fender itself.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:02 AM

Nice looking truck. I just bought a 92 4cyl auto recently. I had wanted a 5spd, but after driving the auto, I'm glad I got one. Where did you get the body lift? I'd like to lift mine a bit, but I'll use it to plow snow, so I don't want the frame any higher, but would like to be able to fit some larger summer tires.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:20 AM

Hey fletch, i cant remember where i ordered it from but i believe it was a summit bl kit. I didnt order from 4crawler because they were backordered and im impatient lol.

But i got the tires mounted last night. I balsnced them with the .25 gram black airsoft bb's. Not 100% sure how i feel about them yet. Still need more drive time to get a clear feeling. But initial feeling
Sometimes they are smooth as silk and drive awesome but sometimes they feel halfway not correctly balanced. Either way its only been 20 miles, so time will tell.

But ive made the change from 35s to 33s. FIRST OPINION, they made my trucl sit lower. Not a fan of that at all. At all. But they stick out wider and i like that.

Enough rambling here are the before and after pictures...give me yalls opinion

After

Quick Reply: BigSwole's 90 4x4 Ext. Cab Pickup Build