86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

andrewflores17 91 toyota pickup dlx

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool andrewflores17 91 toyota pickup dlx

my 20 dollar craiglist center console/subwoofer find gona use this when i build my sleeping platform to help hold up one end mounted my litle HF power inverter to the side

picked this up at and auto store wired it directly to the battery and screwed it to the ashtray thingy

my sr5 bucket seats
match the interior perfectly and of course the classic 40mm ammo can

my beast with my new ARE topper picked it up off craigslist 200 bucks had to fix the window lift bolts previous owner backed up with the window up and busted them loose its carpeted got a dome light light inside gona replace that light though and has the slideing glass windows with skeeter beater screen

the classic truck nuts held up with some good old fashion chain o when i got the topper had to scrape all the tint off the back window guy had limo tint was so dark couldnt see out of it

just under the hood nothing fancy just my little airfilter and classic 22re

picked these lights up at harbor freight 14 bucks screwd them right in uses 6 triple a batterys cant be beat can swivel the lights wereever you want

just a better vewi of the lights

wife and son enojoying life in a yota o guy that i got the topper from threw in the carpet already cut and a nice truck bed liner mat for it to cant see it under the carpet though

1991 pickup dlx

ac
5spd

things left to do put on the headers that are takeing up space in my gargae

build sleeping platform and think of more stuff to do
Old 04-09-2011, 02:43 PM

Those harbour freight lights look great.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:49 PM

nice truck i like the center consule
Old 04-09-2011, 07:11 PM

here is a pic of the lights at night camera phone pic so its kinda weak but those lights iluminate the hold bed perfectly gona get another set and put twoards the gate i mean for 14 bucks thiers not ahole lot you can do that work this well
Old 08-05-2011, 05:47 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

cut a hole with my grinder in my ammo can center console did it off to passenger side gives me room to rest my arm and still have view of my radio got a couple ideas for the mike just don't know were to put it yet for sure right now its just warped around the shifter pole when i use it and when im not useing it i just leave it in the can plenty of room in their

if i was gifted enough to weld i would put a wall in the can to seperate the inside out put i think i will just cut a 2x4 to keep things from shifting around

[IMG][/IMG]

cut one more hole off in bottom drivers side and put the top of my inverter through the only down side is i have to open the ammo can to turn it on could cut a whole to get to the power button but its not that much of a deal to me .

routed all the wiring under the can through a slit in the carpet then to aux fuse box under the hood looks clean still touching up the hood area so will load pic when it looks more clean

held everthing up with some velcro cheap easy holds well enough and can be moved if need be

this is a great little one its just a generic center console i got my from auto zone was five bucks cut it in half then squeezed in right on hold two cans perfectly has little side organizer for change and i can put junk and what not in the center of it in nestles right in their and answers at least for me the cup holder problem .

Last edited by andrewflores17; 08-05-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:02 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

this is another ammo can whcih is the perfect size for a large cb like the cobra 29 nw it fits perfectly in only problem for me is that it was two tall to for me im s a short guy only 5 8 so if your a little taller it may be better thats why i put it up may help some one out if you did use this can you wouldnt need to cut the top either still about another six inches

[IMG][/IMG

cub holder before i took the jig saw to it figured if i put the whole pic it may help someone find it a little easier

Last edited by andrewflores17; 08-05-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:22 PM

I'm seeing a red x on the last post bud
Old 08-05-2011, 07:11 PM

Ghetttto light

this is my insanely ghetto light that i use under the hood has a magnet on the back dosent take up and room and cost a grand total of 8 bucks to make its nothing more than a cheap harbor freight light that you plug into your cigerate lighter had it left over from another project also can be used as a circut checker

Last edited by andrewflores17; 08-05-2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: photo adjusting
Old 08-05-2011, 08:06 PM

Cool truck man, sweet camper too. I was searching for that style camper but none showed up so i had to settle on the single window on the side. Yours resembles the 1st gen. runner's style.

I got those exact same seats but in a blueish gray color, wich from the pictures thats your dash color. My interior is gray, wanna trade?

You gotta post bigger pics of the truck man, i want to see full pics!

Last edited by streetlancer; 08-05-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WTF!!! why didnt i mount my cb there....

that is one hell of an idea you got there man!
Old 08-16-2011, 03:16 PM

my 50 buck yakima rack

ALTIMETER !!!!!! just pumped to have one

the five foot fire stick antenna a little big but it works i had it left over from my silverado so bought a nice mount for it bolted it right in cant beat it good old red whit and blue with stripes i may get a smaller one thats blue to match the truck more

i got this roof rack for 50 bones from a friend it was sitting up against a pine tree in his back yard doing a great job of collecting some pine sap so i sprayed it off and then took a quick can of flat black spray paint to he had damaged one of the gutter mounts wouldn't have been the right length anyway this came off his ford explorer he used to have .
so i drilled some holes filled the holes with some gasket maker and their you have it a nice clean looking yakima rack dont plan on putting to much up their just a high lift jack a shovel maybe some 50 cal ammo cans one on each side for snow chains and whatever else i might wana lug around up their

going to put some fog lights up there to i figure two for the rear and two for the sides still would like some for the front will have to think up something for that

oh and the tiltmeter rattlecaned blue velcroed down put a wanted ad up on craigslist picked the best offer for 40 bucks shes a keeper

Last edited by andrewflores17; 08-16-2011 at 04:05 PM. Reason: picture troubles
Old 08-17-2011, 04:20 PM

clean truck man!

hey i have a question about the cold air intake setup you got. did you custom biuld/make all that or did you buy the kit, cuz i know spectre or some companies make kits for it?

thanks for any help.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:36 PM

cold air is just a chepy you can drive up a local auto parts store and match up the peices then buy them all im in my local one all the time and girl that works their was cool with me just poping the hood and matching it all up

on pay day next mod is some fog lights for the front and the back and doing my aux fuse box ive got one long story but im a idoit when it came to that simple little thing budy showed me how to do it right and politely smacked the back of my head for me oh and a sr5 rearveiw mirror i tucked one alway at my local u pull it and gona go grab it

Last edited by dropzone; 08-26-2011 at 11:44 PM. Reason: removed pic