86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Alan's Classic' 1986 4Runner Build-Up Thread - Project "No Name"

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hey Allan, I have gone through some of 65 Chevy resto. It thru me off in a few places as I noticed at first it looked like you had a 60-63 cab on it. Those were the knee knocker cabs. I liked them all.

You did a great job on the Chevy. Makes me miss mine and someday will probably get it back. At least it is still in the family.

Like someone said this is more nuts and bolts website and some resto here and there. Great place to get ideas and fixes. Always glad to see someone who does bodywork on here. I am hoping to get a shop built soon, and want to learn how to cut, weld, and such. Looking forward to the day I can do patch panels.

Liked how the Mazda come out. Always nice to see something come out better than it was. On the new dash in the Chevy, I always thought thats what gave the old cars character. Helped do some body work on a 51 chevy coupe and they had some metal back then.

I have done a frame off on my flatbed and helped another guy do his. Doing a frame off is quite satisfying to me. I started to go to school for bodywork after high school and computers was the way then. Should of stuck to my first instict. Wish I would of done this 20 years ago. Better late then never. Been out of the computer field for 15 years now.

Will take a while to go thru your other build. Keep up the great work.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice work allen I am just a novice at body work, you guys that know what your doing amaze me, looking foward to more.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Terrys87
Hey Allan, I have gone through some of 65 Chevy resto. It thru me off in a few places as I noticed at first it looked like you had a 60-63 cab on it. Those were the knee knocker cabs. I liked them all.

You did a great job on the Chevy. Makes me miss mine and someday will probably get it back. At least it is still in the family.

Like someone said this is more nuts and bolts website and some resto here and there. Great place to get ideas and fixes. Always glad to see someone who does bodywork on here. I am hoping to get a shop built soon, and want to learn how to cut, weld, and such. Looking forward to the day I can do patch panels.

Liked how the Mazda come out. Always nice to see something come out better than it was. On the new dash in the Chevy, I always thought thats what gave the old cars character. Helped do some body work on a 51 chevy coupe and they had some metal back then.

I have done a frame off on my flatbed and helped another guy do his. Doing a frame off is quite satisfying to me. I started to go to school for bodywork after high school and computers was the way then. Should of stuck to my first instict. Wish I would of done this 20 years ago. Better late then never. Been out of the computer field for 15 years now.

Will take a while to go thru your other build. Keep up the great work.
Thanks for all the great comments. Body work takes lots of patience. I ilearn by trial and error. LOL

Originally Posted by jason in tn
nice work allen I am just a novice at body work, you guys that know what your doing amaze me, looking foward to more.
Thanks Jason, I wish I could jump into the 4Runner right now. Instead I want to enjoy it this summer with the top off.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:58 PM

nice work!
Old 05-30-2014, 05:36 AM

Where did you find a new AAV for your 22RE?