Pre 84 Trucks (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

My 82 old school long bed build up

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 82 old school long bed build up

Basically stock just cleaned up new gaskets and bearings
Single chain for this 84 motor
Take out drop in all by myself not a soul around to help! That sucks especially outside in 30 degree weather!

Finally done started right up but something didn't feel right? Oh I guess 90 psi on 1 cylinder could be the problem! Never never trust anyone do your compression check first before anything else!
It runs ok but has no legs at all going uphill third gear is all she will do going up 20 to grass valley. So on to the next motor: early 22r block 20r head ported with larger valves lce cam adjustable cam gear decked block,offy dual plane intake Holley 390 knifed crankshaft no smog all arp bolts etc. metal head gasket and some crappy pace setter hearts but hey the don't leak! Not at all took alittle but they seal up nice so far

Well I started looking for a straight axle last year and was determined to find something decent.the square headlights was the hook for me it just looks right.1st motor when I bought it had a rod knock like someone beaten a hollow log all day! So I went on a mission to find another and came up with this so called good used engine that I went through everything but the rings so
Old 01-16-2017, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
It is nice seeing an old truck like yours in great condition. You dont see many of them around here and when you do, they dont look that nice. Welcome to Yotatech.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:53 AM

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts
Nice ride. What size tires are you running?
Old 01-17-2017, 10:08 AM

Received 147 Likes on 105 Posts
I hope my '83 looks half this good when I get it done!