2010+ 4Runner 5th gen 4Runners

Xplore Vehicles Debuts Customized Toyota 4Runners

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 08:13 AM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
Xplore Vehicles Debuts Customized Toyota 4Runners

Saw this on Bilstein's Facebook page, did a quick search on here and didn't see it mentioned so I thought I'd share.

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/4mor...ers-65801.html

Michigan-based Xplore Vehicles prides itself on taking ordinary SUVs — like the Toyota FJ Cruiser, Jeep Wrangler, and Jeep Grand Cherokee — and turning them into vehicles better suited for venturing through the great outdoors. The company is now focusing its efforts on the Toyota 4Runner, and has three different stages of upgrades for the SUV.

The Stage 1 4Runner receives a special interior treatment with Katzkin leather covering the seats, a National Park Foundation dashboard badge, and specially embroidered floor mats. That’s just the beginning, as Xplore will upgrade your 4Runner with any number of TRD accessories and add-ons normally available at Toyota dealerships.

The Stage 2 kit builds on that equipment list, adding special aluminum wheels, painted silver or black; BFGoodrich off-roading tires; upgraded Bilstein dampers; and a Magnaflow stainless steel exhaust system. Finally, Stage 3 vehicles add a combination of accessories based on the customer’s demands. Optional bits include a winch, giant driving lights, locking differentials, an in-car refrigerator, a roof rack, and fortified bumpers.
All of the Xplore packages also come with a one-year pass to all National Parks, as well as a year’s subscription to Xplore Lifestyle Journal, a magazine detailing off-road and outdoors adventures. With each vehicle sold, Xplore donates to the National Park Foundation, a charity dedicated to preserving national parks.

Last edited by xxxtreme22r; 08-04-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm liking the Stage 2. Wonder what they figure their take rate is going to be ?
Old 08-04-2011, 08:47 AM

They also make "kits" for the FJ as well.

http://www.xplorevehicles.com/toyota...FJ-Cruiser.asp
Old 08-04-2011, 09:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't particularly like the idea of dropping my vehicle off at a shop and having them do a bunch of bolt on mods, but I guess if you are buying a new 4Runner saving money on things you could for the most part do yourself isn't really at the top of your priorities. At least that 4Runner does look pretty nice for a modern vehicle now.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:20 AM

I think there are several dealerships accross the country according to their site that do the installs.
Possibly even a few selling these already equipped as well.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by xxxtreme22r
Saw this on Bilstein's Facebook page, did a quick search on here and didn't see it mentioned so I thought I'd share.

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/4mor...ers-65801.html

Michigan-based Xplore Vehicles prides itself on taking ordinary SUVs — like the Toyota FJ Cruiser, Jeep Wrangler, and Jeep Grand Cherokee — and turning them into vehicles better suited for venturing through the great outdoors. The company is now focusing its efforts on the Toyota 4Runner, and has three different stages of upgrades for the SUV.

The Stage 1 4Runner receives a special interior treatment with Katzkin leather covering the seats, a National Park Foundation dashboard badge, and specially embroidered floor mats. That’s just the beginning, as Xplore will upgrade your 4Runner with any number of TRD accessories and add-ons normally available at Toyota dealerships.

The Stage 2 kit builds on that equipment list, adding special aluminum wheels, painted silver or black; BFGoodrich off-roading tires; upgraded Bilstein dampers; and a Magnaflow stainless steel exhaust system. Finally, Stage 3 vehicles add a combination of accessories based on the customer’s demands. Optional bits include a winch, giant driving lights, locking differentials, an in-car refrigerator, a roof rack, and fortified bumpers.
All of the Xplore packages also come with a one-year pass to all National Parks, as well as a year’s subscription to Xplore Lifestyle Journal, a magazine detailing off-road and outdoors adventures. With each vehicle sold, Xplore donates to the National Park Foundation, a charity dedicated to preserving national parks.

Nice, thanks! Trying to come up-to-speed quickly on mods for my 2013. Helpful.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:59 AM

Good place to get some ideas (for your ride) if nothing else. Thanks