Snow Sports Skiing, Snowmobile

Skiing or a ski resort in IL, WI, UP MI, IA, IN

Old 12-18-2007, 01:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Skiing or a ski resort in IL, WI, UP MI, IA, IN

Winterbreak is here and me and my two friends are looking for a cool place to go that has good skiing, a place to stay (cheap), and in Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa or Indiana. And also is there any good places to take a stock 4Runner to near them? Would be nice to go around on the roads up in wisconsin or the like.

TIA

Phil
Old 12-18-2007, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hidden Valley in St. Louis. It's real snow right now, but fake throughout the year.

Hidden Valley
Old 12-18-2007, 04:07 PM

We got Big Mountain (or Whitefish Mountain, I mean [don't get me started on why they changed the name, cause I work for the guy who changed it]) Resort here in Montana. Awesome skiing and snowboarding, cheap hotels/motels, good four wheeling, and a lot of good food.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Go up to Canada or come out to the great NW Im going to stevens tomorrow its been snowing for days
Old 12-18-2007, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by fillsrunner4
Go up to Canada or come out to the great NW Im going to stevens tomorrow its been snowing for days
I love Stevens, too. Thats where I pretty much grew up.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmeh
Hell yeah i grew up with snoqualmie or should i say Sh**qualmie but it was close. The park is nice but stevens rules that and Baker
Old 12-18-2007, 04:53 PM

I actualy know a friend who works at Blacktail in Montana and i may go out there this winter a few times that and Big Mountain (or what ever its called now) I almost worked at Blacktail for the winter but i need to get my 4runner running first so this winter ill stay here and play at stevens
Old 12-18-2007, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by fillsrunner4
Hell yeah i grew up with snoqualmie or should i say Sh**qualmie but it was close. The park is nice but stevens rules that and Baker

I actualy know a friend who works at Blacktail in Montana and i may go out there this winter a few times that and Big Mountain (or what ever its called now) I almost worked at Blacktail for the winter but i need to get my 4runner running first so this winter ill stay here and play at stevens
Ha, qualmie. Thats awesome. I never did go there much, so I couldn't tell you how bad it is/was, but my parents went there a couple times, and really didn't like it. I haven't been skiing for a long time, but I am thinking of getting into boarding this winter.

I have never been to Blacktail, but I hear that it is awesome. Big Mountain is a whole hell of a lot better then it used to be, since ownership has changed. The road was rebuilt, so it only takes about 15 minutes from down town Whitefish to the parking lot at the mountain, and they have new lifts, and I think they opened up a new chair, too. The bad thing about it is they changed the name of the resort, parking prices went up, and the owner of the Mountain is Bill Foley (the guy the company I am working for is building a house for). Other then that, though, it is sweet. If you do come out to Big Mountain, let me know!
Old 12-18-2007, 05:35 PM

Ha, qualmie. Thats awesome. I never did go there much, so I couldn't tell you how bad it is/was, but my parents went there a couple times, and really didn't like it. I haven't been skiing for a long time, but I am thinking of getting into boarding this winter.

I have never been to Blacktail, but I hear that it is awesome. Big Mountain is a whole hell of a lot better then it used to be, since ownership has changed. The road was rebuilt, so it only takes about 15 minutes from down town Whitefish to the parking lot at the mountain, and they have new lifts, and I think they opened up a new chair, too. The bad thing about it is they changed the name of the resort, parking prices went up, and the owner of the Mountain is Bill Foley (the guy the company I am working for is building a house for). Other then that, though, it is sweet. If you do come out to Big Mountain, let me know!
Hell yeah ill let you know. Im hoping to get my 4runner up and running soon (not to steal the thread but check out my build ) this has to be done before i can make it out there. Crystal here in WA has a new lift on the once backcountry i need to go there this year aswell. The season has started late but i hear its suposed to get better later than earlier this year Ill hit you up when i head out there this season. Ill make it i just need the 4runner going again
Old 01-22-2010, 07:41 PM

As far as midwest ski-ing or snowboarding goes, it all really blows. However I think I have narrowed it down to 3 seprarate tiers of quality, fun and close by....cascade/devils head mid state, granite peak need to go there this year, whitecap great terrain but old and slow, and then lutsen largest in the midwest. I like to look at aerial photos on google of the various resorts and then compare them to the rockies, I want to cry.
McCaslin Mtn in northern wi is pretty cool I hear, and also some nice off road or low maintainance roads in the upper penninsula and northern wisconsin. Ive only been stuck once in a swamp up to front axle in my jeep. yet to really test the 4runner.
farmer fields off rt 12/cuba rd/ rainbow rd. used to be a lot of fun in my 79' K5 blazer too.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:43 PM

Mount Bohemia in the great U.P. of Michigan